Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Bose System CD Player

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 08:50 PM

Bose System CD Player

Whats up guys i have recently experienced a problem with my Bose System when i put a CD in i now get Fadeing in and out when i listen to a cd do you guys know what might be the problem i know i have posted other problems about my car but this is the lastest one. i have a created cd in there i took it out and it worked fine for a day and then all the sudden it started fadding again. this only happens every now and then but now its frequent.
Old 06-25-2007, 07:36 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Please help with Bose audio systems

Hi,

I own a Nissan Maxima 1996 with Bose audio systems. Now my Bose Head Unit PN-2083D got a problem. Its power can be turned on. It shows the display, but it DOES NOT produce any volume/sound. I can't listen to the radio and CD. I don't know this problem because the head unit is broken or the amplifiers of all speakers are broken.

So, my questions:
1. Which one is the most possible broken, head unit or the amplifiers?

2. Assuming the head unit is broken and wanting to replace with an after market head unit, what should be done to still use these Bose system's speakers and/or amplifiers?

3. Assuming all amplifiers are gone, what should be done if i wanna use after market speakers? Do i have to replace Bose head unit also if my stereo has this issue?

Thank you
Old 09-13-2007, 06:14 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Check the sticky FAQ threads. You should find how to and what needed to install new HU and/or new speakers.

For a 1996 Max, it's time to upgrade a new system. You will not regret.

Mine is 99 with BOSE. The HU showed "CD Err" a month ago, then I knew it's time to get rid of the Bose. Since I do not have much $$ and time, I just bought a new HU with all installation harness/converter/DIN kit from Crutchfield. Though it is still under construction, I believe I will get better sound.