Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

4th gen keyless entry

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 03:46 PM

4th gen keyless entry

has anyone figured out a way to have the factory alarm roll down the windows with an aftermarket alarm?

i figured out a way to have it arm and disarm without the factory keyfob, but the wondows seem to be only from the antena signal.
Old 07-30-2007, 05:31 AM
§è~® f®ÈÄk

I don't quite understand your question. AFAIK the factory alarm will still function with an aftermarket unless you disable it. So you can open the windows with it.

If you have an aftermarket alarm its probably best to just get a window module if available.
Old 07-30-2007, 06:10 AM
tastey wheat

yes its called a DEI 530T.

and its been out for years.
Old 07-30-2007, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by nismos14
I don't quite understand your question. AFAIK the factory alarm will still function with an aftermarket unless you disable it. So you can open the windows with it.

If you have an aftermarket alarm its probably best to just get a window module if available.
anyone that i know has 2 alarm fobs on their keychain, factory and a/m. i dont know that it'll still function w/o splicing into the door lock wiring.

i have an autoloc 8 channel keyless entry unit, it has a built in kill switch, but i dont care for them. i have it locking and unlocking the door lock wiring(not the switch, but the sensor that senses the key being turned, this way it unlocks the doors and disarms the alarm)

i know that there are add on modules for windows, i dont care for it that much to add 2 modules (one for each window), but i thought it would be a cool add on if i could tap into the factory alarm.

i know people are always trying to get the factory alarn to honk when unlocked or have the lights flash, i was just wondering if anyone figured this out yet
Old 07-30-2007, 04:58 PM
tastey wheat

i believe the feature is built into the ECU of our cars, so you have no choice but to add the modual.

and disarm on our maxima's is with unlock, so theres no need to carry around 2 fobs... any reputable shop should be able to tell you this..
Old 07-30-2007, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by mendon99
i believe the feature is built into the ECU of our cars, so you have no choice but to add the modual.

and disarm on our maxima's is with unlock, so theres no need to carry around 2 fobs... any reputable shop should be able to tell you this..
it's built into the keyless entry computer in the trunk of the car, not the ecu.

unlocking the doors will not disarm the alarm unless you do it with the key on the door, and with the key fob. or like i did which was splice into the door sensor. i know if from experience, ive had the alarm set itself 2 times without either the factory keyfob and door handles(mine are shaved) that's how i found out about the door lock sensor.

from handling many customer's car keys i can tell you that there are alot of dealer installed alarms that force customers to have 2 sept fobs. doesnt mean that it cant be done, it just doesnt seem to be the norn
Old 07-31-2007, 04:32 AM
tastey wheat

Originally Posted by shavedmax
it's built into the keyless entry computer in the trunk of the car, not the ecu.
if you knew this, why are you asking if you can do anything but add a modual? its obviously not worth it if possible even at all.

Originally Posted by shavedmax
unlocking the doors will not disarm the alarm
yes it will, as long as you tag the locks in the door.. so does everyone else with their max, unless im not reading what you're typing correctly, would you like to see a DEI or Astroflex wiring diagram?

the aftermarket alarm arming itself is a feature of the alarm (active vs passive arming)
Old 07-31-2007, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by mendon99
if you knew this, why are you asking if you can do anything but add a modual? its obviously not worth it if possible even at all.

yes it will, as long as you tag the locks in the door.. so does everyone else with their max, unless im not reading what you're typing correctly, would you like to see a DEI or Astroflex wiring diagram?

the aftermarket alarm arming itself is a feature of the alarm (active vs passive arming)

what do you mean by this "tag the locks in the door"

because hitting the unlock button inside the car does not disarm the alarm. if that were the case every thief would break into a car and hit the unlock button to turn off the alarm