Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

APC Wiring harness + Bulbs (93)

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2001, 12:49 AM

i've been doing a lot of night driving latley and hate my stock headlights. does anyone have experience with putting in higher wattage 9004 bulbs in a 3rd gen with or w/o an aftermarket APC harness? also- what bulbs are the whitest and brightest for the wattage?

Thanks-
Old 07-23-2001, 12:22 PM
Steindawg

Originally posted by The Sleeper
i've been doing a lot of night driving latley and hate my stock headlights. does anyone have experience with putting in higher wattage 9004 bulbs in a 3rd gen with or w/o an aftermarket APC harness? also- what bulbs are the whitest and brightest for the wattage?

Thanks-
I just got some off of ebay, tons of them on there if you search under nissan maxima. I haven't put mine in yet because I haven't had time to get my harness yet. If you use the search you will find a lot of posts about this, varying opinions on the improvement or lack of improvement. CS

Old 07-25-2001, 10:39 PM
STFU n00b!

DO NOT USE HIGH WATTAGE BULBS IN THE STOCK HARNESS!!

Just thought I'd make that clear.
everyone I've talked to that's run higher wattage bulbs has burned out their stock harness. it may not be in the fisrt week or two, but it will happen. took me almost 6 months before mine blew, but it eventually did.

as for recommendations, the Philips BlueVision are what i've heard the best about.. they're stock wattage and only about $12 each. not bad at all, especially considering the price.
Old 07-26-2001, 05:59 AM
Steindawg

Hey Matt

Originally posted by Matt93SE
DO NOT USE HIGH WATTAGE BULBS IN THE STOCK HARNESS!!

Just thought I'd make that clear.
everyone I've talked to that's run higher wattage bulbs has burned out their stock harness. it may not be in the fisrt week or two, but it will happen. took me almost 6 months before mine blew, but it eventually did.

as for recommendations, the Philips BlueVision are what i've heard the best about.. they're stock wattage and only about $12 each. not bad at all, especially considering the price.
Will the APC harness make my bulbs any brighter? I put them in just to see how much of a difference I got. I am going to get my harness today. I was just wondering because they didn't seem much different than my stock. I got some pretty cheap ones but they are supposed to be 80/100W, they are definitely blue but that was about it. CS

Old 07-26-2001, 02:37 PM

Re: Hey Matt

Well- the APC harness doesn't make the bulbs brighter, it just allows you to run higher wattage bulbs without burning the $300 relays that control the headlights. From what i've heard, Narva Premium is very good, and also avaiable in 80/100. Buy the harness- $50 now will save you the $300 repair later.