Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.
View Poll Results: Would you buy JL audio
Yes I would buy Jl audio or have bought JL audio
56.67%
No I would not buy Jl audio
38.33%
Maybe
5.00%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Happy with your Jl audio

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 08:30 PM

i saw it on the news during my fantasy draft...pops and I are comin for the Troy game...gonna scalp some tickets. I hope we take his car cuz I dont want the miles on mine.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:33 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by slickrick
i saw it on the news during my fantasy draft...pops and I are comin for the Troy game...gonna scalp some tickets. I hope we take his car cuz I dont want the miles on mine.
True. We have season tickets, but they have yet to arrive. I hope they get here soon.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by mendon99
oh god, this clown again.
Are you referring to me??? If your opinion is that I'm a JL rider....PLEASE re-read this thread. I am in no way a ***hugger for JL. I have nothing in my cars with that badge except a 2ga amp kit that will be replaced soon with a 1/0. I have been a car audio enthusiast for almost 15 years, it's not my profession....it's far from my profession....but I believe I know a little bit. I've had the opportunity to hear a slew of audio systems, compete in various competitions and blow **** up during my tenure. I may have not heard or know as much as Don concerning car audio, or others in this forum, b/c as I said, it's not my profession. However, I have no biased opinions about any audio devices "someone" else has made. If you make a solid product, I'm not gonna hate it b/c others claim it to be the best....that's ignorance. JL bandwagon haters are just as bad as JL bandwagoners(not a word, so don't bother googling it). JL haters remind me of Domestic Lovers that hate against modded Supras and Skylines claiming they are slow POS....really?? JL lovers remind me of Supra kids who believe their cars can beat a Veyron! One person gave a good example as JL being a Aston Martin and the best audio products a Bugatti...I wouldn't even put JL as a Martin, more like a M5. Does that mean if I had a Bugatti I would call the M5 a slow POS??(okay, probably yeah, but that's not my point!!lol), but that shouldn't take away from the craftsmanship of the M5. Anyone that has been in the car audio scene for 15+ years, and refers to JL as POS???? please..... Once again JL is far from a POS, but it’s not the best either.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by jrpaytonAlpha06
Are you referring to me??? If your opinion is that I'm a JL rider....PLEASE re-read this thread. I am in no way a ***hugger for JL. I have nothing in my cars with that badge except a 2ga amp kit that will be replaced soon with a 1/0. I have been a car audio enthusiast for almost 15 years, it's not my profession....it's far from my profession....but I believe I know a little bit. I've had the opportunity to hear a slew of audio systems, compete in various competitions and blow **** up during my tenure. I may have not heard or know as much as Don concerning car audio, or others in this forum, b/c as I said, it's not my profession. However, I have no biased opinions about any audio devices "someone" else has made. If you make a solid product, I'm not gonna hate it b/c others claim it to be the best....that's ignorance. JL bandwagon haters are just as bad as JL bandwagoners(not a word, so don't bother googling it). JL haters remind me of Domestic Lovers that hate against modded Supras and Skylines claiming they are slow POS....really?? JL lovers remind me of Supra kids who believe their cars can beat a Veyron! One person gave a good example as JL being a Aston Martin and the best audio products a Bugatti...I wouldn't even put JL as a Martin, more like a M5. Does that mean if I had a Bugatti I would call the M5 a slow POS??(okay, probably yeah, but that's not my point!!lol), but that shouldn't take away from the craftsmanship of the M5. Anyone that has been in the car audio scene for 15+ years, and refers to JL as POS???? please..... Once again JL is far from a POS, but it’s not the best either.
lol not you man, but quoted nonetheless for kicks.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:59 AM

D*mn...you mean I wrote all of that for no reason!!!??? Sh*t, I could have been finishing up these forecasts!!! Man, at least somebody respond to my reply...lol
Old 08-28-2007, 10:25 AM
I tend to get a bit irritable

Your old.
Old 08-28-2007, 10:26 AM
§è~® f®ÈÄk

D*mn...you mean I wrote all of that for no reason!!!??? Sh*t, I could have been finishing up these forecasts!!! Man, at least somebody respond to my reply...lol

Lol great prior post, would read again, hahahaha he was definatly talking about JPIZZLE.
Old 08-28-2007, 10:30 AM
I tend to get a bit irritable

Umm actually I think he was talking about STILLENGLE.

So much for 'definately' huh?
Old 08-28-2007, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by Pearl96Max
Your old.
Not really, started when I was VERY young. My brother is six years older than I am. He and ALL of his friends had cars with systems, so inevitably I f*cked up alot of his stuff by rewiring subs/adding subs w/o understanding ohms law. lol We used to fight all of the time b/c I wanted to experiment on his car! lol

Haha...not too far from you bro!
Old 08-28-2007, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by nismos14
Lol great prior post, would read again, hahahaha he was definatly talking about JPIZZLE.
D*mn....thanks for reading it though. lol
Old 08-28-2007, 11:45 AM
tastey wheat

Are you referring to me???............................

lol!

i didnt even bother read it all. No not you, the other kid. He spat out ignorace before in another thread.
Old 08-28-2007, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by mendon99
lol!

i didnt even bother read it all. No not you, the other kid. He spat out ignorace before in another thread.

Oh, okay. Well that post should count for AT least 3 posts, so I can get my post count up to 98!
Old 08-28-2007, 11:58 AM

Said wrecked Supra by Nick Hogan

That is my complete contribution to this thread.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:06 PM

Old 08-28-2007, 12:41 PM
§è~® f®ÈÄk

LMFAO ^^ Whatcha gonna do when the hulkster runs wild on you.....

I can hear all the hulkamaniacs now.
Old 09-05-2007, 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by nismos14
Lets get it through to everyone, JL didn't revolutionize JACK ****.
Sure they did. They revolutionized the concept of creating odd impedances to force kidz into thinking they needed three subs to do what two does from everyone else.
Old 09-07-2007, 11:27 PM

I always likef asking the local dealers why I had to run them in 3's. They never gave me a real answer other than "well, because that is the way they are desinged". I remember asking them if they were joking, and why one sub would not sound good. I told them my amp could handle the load, they would just stick to their "they are not meant to be used that way"........I always thought that was pretty funny.
Old 09-07-2007, 11:33 PM
I R The Law

Damn this thread got hella long. I am not reading all that.