Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

just wondering...[kinda long]

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2001, 12:30 AM

theres a deal right now at this car audio store...they have 2-12" Kicker subs [boxed], 2-6.5" crossover speakers [not sure what company], and an amp [once again, not sure what company], but i think it said it totals out to 1500 watts...all this for $149 INSTALLED..........oh yea, its all NEW equipment

first question: ive heard kicker is one of the best company's out there, and if thats tru, is it possible for it to be that cheap? cuz seems almost too good to be tru

second question: i have a 5th gen max w/ the Bose System.. lets say the deal is legit; is it possible for me to run the 6 stock speakers [not using the Bose stock sub anymore] PLUS the 2-6.5 crossovers PLUS the 2-12" Kicker subs on the stock deck? i dont want to lose any power to the speakers or subs [if thats possible] and wanna run the full 1600 watts or whatever its gonna give me

and if that deal seems too good, how bout 2-12" JL Audio subs + amp [1600 watts total] for $129 + installation? [which is from another store]...i wanna make sure im not getting taken thinkn its a great deal but really isnt....
any input would be greatly appreciated

A_T_W
Old 08-05-2001, 08:58 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by MaxedOut2g
theres a deal right now at this car audio store...they have 2-12" Kicker subs [boxed], 2-6.5" crossover speakers [not sure what company], and an amp [once again, not sure what company], but i think it said it totals out to 1500 watts...all this for $149 INSTALLED..........oh yea, its all NEW equipment

first question: ive heard kicker is one of the best company's out there, and if thats tru, is it possible for it to be that cheap? cuz seems almost too good to be tru

A_T_W
It seems to good to be true? There's your answer. First of all, Kicker subs are pretty decent but I guarantee you they aren't kicker subs. If it is a reputable company then maybe you got a deal, if it is a new shop, be careful. What the hell are cross over speakers? Coax, component?
Old 08-05-2001, 12:14 PM

Originally posted by C-Dawg

It seems to good to be true? There's your answer. First of all, Kicker subs are pretty decent but I guarantee you they aren't kicker subs. If it is a reputable company then maybe you got a deal, if it is a new shop, be careful. What the hell are cross over speakers? Coax, component?
ill call the place up again when i find the number, or maybe even go over there and check it out.....as for what crossover speakers are, i have no idea bout audio stuff..thats why im asking u pplz....anybody have answer to the second question?
A_T_W
Old 08-05-2001, 02:12 PM

let me tell ypu one thing...the kickers cant be that cheap. they are awesome woofers and cant be that cheap. i have two of them and it cost me 450 for both. i dont know somethin is fishy bout that deal...
Old 08-05-2001, 02:13 PM

i think what a crossover does is that it sends all the bass to the woofers and absolutely no music just bass from woofers. thats what i was told but dont know.
Old 08-05-2001, 02:51 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by khrfadz
i think what a crossover does is that it sends all the bass to the woofers and absolutely no music just bass from woofers. thats what i was told but dont know.
I know what a crossover is and I know how it is used but I have never heard of crossover speakers. Try to get everything straight with the dealer.

As you said in another post, Kickers CAN NOT be that cheap.

They are high quality and that price doesn't cut it. Also an amp included. Maybe pyramid or something you buy from a flea market or pawn shop. 1500 watts my ***. Maybe 150 IF you are LUCKY AS HELL.

Bottom line, quality ain't cheap. Do yourself a favor, save some money and buy quality stuff. You will be happy that you did.
Old 08-05-2001, 04:00 PM

Originally posted by C-Dawg

I know what a crossover is and I know how it is used but I have never heard of crossover speakers. Try to get everything straight with the dealer.

As you said in another post, Kickers CAN NOT be that cheap.

They are high quality and that price doesn't cut it. Also an amp included. Maybe pyramid or something you buy from a flea market or pawn shop. 1500 watts my ***. Maybe 150 IF you are LUCKY AS HELL.

Bottom line, quality ain't cheap. Do yourself a favor, save some money and buy quality stuff. You will be happy that you did.
aiite coo....thanks for all the tips guys...appreciate it
A_T_W
Old 08-05-2001, 06:45 PM

Originally posted by MaxedOut2g

aiite coo....thanks for all the tips guys...appreciate it
A_T_W
when shopping for subs u cant go cheap. also know what ur getting. crossover speakers are somethin i never heard off...probably hes selling u sh*t components