Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Best Car Alarm?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2001, 11:50 AM

I'm looking for an excellent Car alarm with all the goodies like Remote start, 1 touch windows up/down/; trunk release. What are your opinions about Viper, Clifford and Alpine alarms? The factory system just does not cut it anymore! I've heard clifford is the way to go. Can someone recommend a good installer in the NYC area?

GC
Old 08-12-2001, 04:13 PM
detailerdaveb@gmail.com

I have the Clifford Concept 100 alarm in my Maxima and it kicks a$$!! I have all windows roll up and down, open and close the sunroof, trunk release, remote car start, locks, glass breakage sensor, dual stage shock sensor, light flash and more. It's definately the way to go since I work in the car audio industry. Out in New York city, I have a Tweeter stereo store out there that would be able to take care of you. The Concept 100 goes for $379.99 installed plus your options like trunk release, windows, etc. It's in Albany NY at 161 Washington Avenue (Crossgate Commons) My Tweeter catalog that I have does not list a phone number but should be in the phone book. Let me know how else I can help you.

Maximadave
Regional Car Audio Sales
Tweeter of California
Old 08-12-2001, 05:46 PM

Thanks..

I was thinking of getting a clifford from the beginning. The tweeter store u mentioned is about 4 hours away from me. IS there one in NYC? Thanks!

GC
Old 08-12-2001, 06:33 PM
detailerdaveb@gmail.com

Nope sorry. That was the only one in my store directory at work. Shop around for the best price and make sure you feel comfortable at the shop you choose. Have them show you pictures of custom jobs they have done in the past get to know your salesperson on a first name basis so in case you have a problem later down the road the salesguy knows you and should take care of you. Remember retail on it out here in so cal is $379.99 installed, shop around and email me or pm me and let me know what you find out for what price and importantly what all features come with that alarm for that price and I'll let you know if it's a good deal or not. Good luck,

Maximadave
Old 08-12-2001, 09:09 PM

What about the Crimstopper 2005fm???

Originally posted by maximadave
I have the Clifford Concept 100 alarm in my Maxima and it kicks a$$!! I have all windows roll up and down, open and close the sunroof, trunk release, remote car start, locks, glass breakage sensor, dual stage shock sensor, light flash and more. It's definately the way to go since I work in the car audio industry. Out in New York city, I have a Tweeter stereo store out there that would be able to take care of you. The Concept 100 goes for $379.99 installed plus your options like trunk release, windows, etc. It's in Albany NY at 161 Washington Avenue (Crossgate Commons) My Tweeter catalog that I have does not list a phone number but should be in the phone book. Let me know how else I can help you.

Maximadave
Regional Car Audio Sales
Tweeter of California
Maximadave just wondering your thoughts on the Crimestopeer 2005FM I was looking to get one of these but am unsure becasue I have not heard a lot aboout them.
Old 08-12-2001, 11:57 PM
detailerdaveb@gmail.com

I've heard of them but have not sold them in the past. It's a good brand though for the price. Have you looked at brands like Viper, Python, and Sidewinder? Just make sure the alarm and the installation place has a lifetime warranty on both for as long as you own your Maxima.

Maximadave