Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

box..

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2000, 03:36 AM

for those of you that dont' get what i mean by, "i fired the subs into the cabin" here's a visual. i only have pix of my box while it was in production. i don't have pix of the final.. i forgot to take pix.. stupid me.. or maybe i have them stashed away some where but here's a pic of it ..here is the face of it..
from the trunk

hehehe.

[Edited by mingo on 10-27-2000 at 10:26 PM]
Old 10-27-2000, 06:33 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I can't see any of your pics. What's going on?
Old 10-27-2000, 06:36 AM

awwww. man.. yeah gr8bone pointed that out too.. i don't know why.. i linked all the pix from yahoo
Old 10-27-2000, 08:27 PM

ok i think i fixed it.
Old 10-28-2000, 05:22 PM

Yes! Someone else who fires subs into the cabin. Let me know how it works out for you; I want to do something similar with a single 12 through the 4th gen. ski pass-through.
Old 10-28-2000, 05:27 PM

u'll need to build a largh face to the sub. so the sub is in th emiddle or wherever you want. and the face covers the whole "cave" thing.. so you seal off the air from the trunk and the cabin. if you dont' wanna use dynamat to seal it off. use duct tape. that's what i used, same effect but a huge cost difference.
Old 10-29-2000, 07:35 AM
jmax

I've got mine in the rear deck. Or at least I should next month sometime. I buit an MDF/glass&kevlar sealed box which mounts perfectly to the underside of where the rear deck used to be. After I built that box and learned MTX wasn't goig to ship the amps in APril as previously promised I decided to make it completly from composites to save a little more trunk volume. 3 Diamond 12" macdaddy's powered by the MTX 1000D if they ever decide to ship the amp.
This is why I need to mount a gas strut to open the trunk. Sorry I don't have a digital cam. Spent all my money on the stereo, a wedding and a honeymoon this year.
Botos, it should be pretty easy to build your enclosure. Email me if you are anywhere near the east coast.

Old 10-29-2000, 08:34 AM

Originally posted by jmax
I've got mine in the rear deck. Or at least I should next month sometime. I buit an MDF/glass&kevlar sealed box which mounts perfectly to the underside of where the rear deck used to be. After I built that box and learned MTX wasn't goig to ship the amps in APril as previously promised I decided to make it completly from composites to save a little more trunk volume. 3 Diamond 12" macdaddy's powered by the MTX 1000D if they ever decide to ship the amp.
This is why I need to mount a gas strut to open the trunk. Sorry I don't have a digital cam. Spent all my money on the stereo, a wedding and a honeymoon this year.
Botos, it should be pretty easy to build your enclosure. Email me if you are anywhere near the east coast.
Kevlar?! That must've cost you an arm and a leg! So the whole rear deck got hacked out- that must be a sight.

My last sub box was MDF mated to a glassed tub that wrapped around the spare tire, but there isn't enough leftover volume in the Max's tire well to make it worth the effort. I was going to stick with a (comparatively) simple MDF box that just matched the slope of the back seats.

I actually am on the east coast, near Philly, so I'll have to see your setup some time. You going to E-town next weekend?