Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Bose CD says "err"

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2001, 01:22 PM

Bose CD says "err"

Need help with my stock 95 Bose CD/headunit. When I put a disc in there, it pauses for a few seconds and then reads "Err". I tried cleaning it with a cleaning disc but that didn't work. No CDs will play in there. Can this be fixed? Thanks in advance.
Old 10-15-2001, 03:43 PM
detailerdaveb@gmail.com

The Laser eye cannot read your cd's....cd player needs to be cleaned and aligned...not worth it, replace it.
Old 10-15-2001, 03:45 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

yes it can

Haha the same thing happened to mine. The "err" message kept on popping up. The first thing I did was take the bose stereo apart and checked to see what was wrong. With the power on I put the cd in and noticed the cd wasn't spinning...so I gave it a push and started working again. Later on it stopped working again and this time I was too lazy to open it so I used a piece of thick paper...stuck it in the cd opening and "felt" for the cd and gave it a push

So what you should do is to get a small piece of paper about 3 inches long and fold it to make it stronger. Put in a cd. Stick the piece of paper in the cd opening and try to feel for the cd and give a push. My cd player is working perfectly now ...after giving it a push about 5 times. Good luck!
Old 10-15-2001, 04:05 PM

Re: Bose CD says "err"

Originally posted by fc95se
Need help with my stock 95 Bose CD/headunit. When I put a disc in there, it pauses for a few seconds and then reads "Err". I tried cleaning it with a cleaning disc but that didn't work. No CDs will play in there. Can this be fixed? Thanks in advance.
sell u mine if u want...still works perfectly...
Old 10-16-2001, 10:53 AM

Thank you Supamaxima !

Originally posted by SupaMaxima
Haha the same thing happened to mine. The "err" message kept on popping up. The first thing I did was take the bose stereo apart and checked to see what was wrong. With the power on I put the cd in and noticed the cd wasn't spinning...so I gave it a push and started working again. Later on it stopped working again and this time I was too lazy to open it so I used a piece of thick paper...stuck it in the cd opening and "felt" for the cd and gave it a push

So what you should do is to get a small piece of paper about 3 inches long and fold it to make it stronger. Put in a cd. Stick the piece of paper in the cd opening and try to feel for the cd and give a push. My cd player is working perfectly now ...after giving it a push about 5 times. Good luck!
thanks Supamaxima!! It worked!
A couple of weeks ago, I took it to a repair place and they said would not be worth it to repair it. Thank You!
Old 10-16-2001, 12:21 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

hehe

no problem...do the same thing if it happens again. take care