Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

best way to hook up a sub in Bose??.. system not loud enough

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2001, 04:13 PM

best way to hook up a sub in Bose??.. system not loud enough

hey, i just got a sub and hooked it up using the back Bose speakers. I'm wondering if there's a better way to do this, like still using the speakers, but not using the already amplified signal, or in back of the headunit instead? My problem is that the amp is turned up all the way, but i still want it louder and i know all my components can handle it except the signal going to the amp isn't loud enough. I'm currently not using a converter because my amp has 'speaker level inputs', would a converter be better? BTW, i have 1 10" JL W3D4 in a Q-logic box and a kenwood amp bridged into 300x1 watts. thanks for the input.
Old 10-16-2001, 06:10 PM

Re: best way to hook up a sub in Bose??.. system not loud enough

Well, (don't quote me) but i heard that if u get a huge amp it can be done with out runing anything. I think i remeber reading on this board someone who had subs with the bose system, but i think it can be done, check ur local stero store and ask them they should know
Old 10-18-2001, 12:50 AM

Re: best way to hook up a sub in Bose??.. system not loud enough

I had the same problem with my 4th gen....If you tap into the rear bose signal AFTER the Bose amp instead of before it...It makes a huge difference.

Josh

Originally posted by BossmaX
hey, i just got a sub and hooked it up using the back Bose speakers. I'm wondering if there's a better way to do this, like still using the speakers, but not using the already amplified signal, or in back of the headunit instead? My problem is that the amp is turned up all the way, but i still want it louder and i know all my components can handle it except the signal going to the amp isn't loud enough. I'm currently not using a converter because my amp has 'speaker level inputs', would a converter be better? BTW, i have 1 10" JL W3D4 in a Q-logic box and a kenwood amp bridged into 300x1 watts. thanks for the input.