Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

03 with Bose & Navigation. What are my options?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 06:17 PM

03 with Bose & Navigation. What are my options?

Just curious if there is anything I can do about replacing the stereo in my 03 Maxima with Bose and factory navigation.

Couple of questions:

Can I remove the factory navigation and install the other models climate control system?

If i cannot replace the navigation with the other climate control is there anyone that makes a dash kit to replace the factory head unit?

Not to sound snobby, but I really cannot stand the Sound of the factory bose and could care less about the navigation. I have been spoiled by my Garmin for my GPS needs and my previous 4th gen had perfect sound for my "escape from it all with music" needs. I would really love to be able to replace the Head unit, speakers and add a nice sub.

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by spoink
Just curious if there is anything I can do about replacing the stereo in my 03 Maxima with Bose and factory navigation.

Couple of questions:

Can I remove the factory navigation and install the other models climate control system?

If i cannot replace the navigation with the other climate control is there anyone that makes a dash kit to replace the factory head unit?

Not to sound snobby, but I really cannot stand the Sound of the factory bose and could care less about the navigation. I have been spoiled by my Garmin for my GPS needs and my previous 4th gen had perfect sound for my "escape from it all with music" needs. I would really love to be able to replace the Head unit, speakers and add a nice sub.

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I got a 2002 w/stock navi like you and bose...
on mine the sound just stopped working and a bose replacement amp is like $350...no thanks...I decided to replace everything but keep it looking stock...
if you remove the stock navi ull see that the stock bose radio is not attached...I removed mine and now I want a stealth look to my new system so im probably keeping the same look....the stock radio face is attached to the dash molding so u dont have much of a choice...ull need a swix module to keep ur steering wheel controls...you have to ground a brown wire to keep your trip button working and all im stuck on is the voice navigation....i cant find her lol...other than that you dont have much options cuz the climate control is in the navi....good luck