Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Dynamat trunk kit in 5th gen...

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2001, 03:32 PM

Dynamat trunk kit in 5th gen...

Has anyone used this for a 5th generation? Ive had a friends subs in the trunk just to see how much rattle I would have if I had my own subs and there was alot. I think I heard rattle comin from the trunk latch thingy, the license plate and the rear side markers.
It doesn't seem as if the dynamat trunk kit will make those rattles go away. Has anyone gotten rid of those rattles?... and how did you accomplish it? Thanks
Old 10-23-2001, 04:47 PM
detailerdaveb@gmail.com

The trunk kit is more for a smaller car than a mid size car. I used Dynamat Xtreme all in my trunk and the rattles went away. I bought 36sq ft of it and used the rest on my doors.

Maximadave
Old 10-23-2001, 07:54 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I recommend that you do not buy Dynamat as a brand. There are materials outthere just as good for much less than dealer cost. Raam mat is IDENTICAL to Dynamat extreme in construction. You can buy Raam mat for $69 per 50sq. ft or Dynamat extreme for $129 for 12 sq. ft.

Anton

sweetsound2001@hotmail.com

P.S: If you want more info on sound deadening the car, please visit my homepage.
Old 10-23-2001, 08:14 PM
RussMaxManiac

Originally posted by SWEETSOUND2001
I recommend that you do not buy Dynamat as a brand. There are materials outthere just as good for much less than dealer cost. Raam mat is IDENTICAL to Dynamat extreme in construction. You can buy Raam mat for $69 per 50sq. ft or Dynamat extreme for $129 for 12 sq. ft.

Anton

sweetsound2001@hotmail.com

P.S: If you want more info on sound deadening the car, please visit my homepage.
Yeah, this guy is a nut when it comes to sound deading!! lol...

Here are some pics of what I have done so far to mine...

This was cascade audio stuff expensive. I didn't know about Raam till recently, so I will be ordering some more of that since I ran out of cascades...

http://www.5thgenmaximas.com/russmax...russmaxstereo/

I just noticed that I don't have one of my trunk with the cascade on it yet. These are step-by-step procedures soon to be, of how to take the trunk apart and what it looks like without the lining. It also shows the stock sound deading stuff. I will take some pics this weekend of what I have done so far.

Old 10-23-2001, 08:34 PM

Originally posted by RussMaxManiac

Yeah, this guy is a nut when it comes to sound deading!! lol...

Here are some pics of what I have done so far to mine...

This was cascade audio stuff expensive. I didn't know about Raam till recently, so I will be ordering some more of that since I ran out of cascades...

http://www.5thgenmaximas.com/russmax...russmaxstereo/

I just noticed that I don't have one of my trunk with the cascade on it yet. These are step-by-step procedures soon to be, of how to take the trunk apart and what it looks like without the lining. It also shows the stock sound deading stuff. I will take some pics this weekend of what I have done so far.
Make sure you use a heatgun and clean everything with acetone or that cascade crap will fall off
Old 10-24-2001, 01:43 PM

Thanks for the replies Sweetsound and Russ.. Nice pics up at your sites It's great that you take the time out to do that to help others when they go about doing it themselves.

Sweet: I was looking at your homepage and I dont think i saw any RAAMmat or maybe I did and didn't see the label. Are there any pics on your page of the RAAMmat and how it looks? In most of the pics the sheets are referred to as mastic, so is that the same thing as RAAMmat? Thanks again
Old 10-24-2001, 02:04 PM

raam mat is the foil looking stuff. There are not very many pictures of it although the are about 4 rolls of it in my car.

Anton
Old 10-24-2001, 02:42 PM
Disco Biscuit

I also recommend raam mat. I have a few rolls of it myself. Great stuff.....