Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Amp issues....

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 03:25 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Amp issues....

Well today i got in my car and the speaker/tweeter on the left side sounded very distorted. I thought the radio station wasnt coming in clear so i put a cd on , and it was still doing the same exact thing... So i decided to get to the crossover unplug everything and hook up a different speaker to the amp, sure enough same thing... that eliminates the xover being bad. Next I went and checked all connections at the amp, everything seemed to be fine. I unplugged the rcas and plugged them back in and the speaker i had hooked up temporarily sounded fine.. I was shocked. So, i hooked the tweeter/woofer up to the xover and everything was working fine. 20 minutes later i go try it again and its all distorted again. I then play with the rcas again and it comes back as of now its working fine.. However i have a feeling the channel 1 on the amp is on its way out, and i must say it is not easy to take that amp out to send it for repair i am quite dissapointed . Hopefully since i only run two speakers anyway worst case scenario i can swap inputs change the fronts to rear since its a 4 channel amp. Let me know what you guys think it could be