Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Please help before i fry the electronics in my car (remote start install)

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 12:44 PM

Please help before i fry the electronics in my car (remote start install)

i didnt hook the unit completely because i want to double check every ting first. the installation manual that came with he starter is useless, the wiring diagram i got for my car is a little F'e and the FSM just made me more confused. but if someone can please tell me if i connected the wires tot he riht place and where are these wires are located.

this is what i connected so far
Function-------Wire color (on the car)------Location

Power Lock--------- Gry------ White plug on the SECU
Power Unlock-----Brown yellow---White Plug on the SECU
Trunk Relese-------Blue----------White Plug on SECU
Factory Alarm Disarm----Orange/Blue--White plug on the SECU

*power lock and unlock wires were next to each other and all these connections are on the white plug M143 i believe

and teh question is, where do i hook the Dome light Supervision wire to
and which wire do i hook the brake wire to (brown or green)
and also the parking light wire

already connected the power and starter wires and the bypass module, please help, i thought i will be able to do it myself since i did a couple successfully but this this is wicked complicated, and its too late to go to the shop they'll charge more

thanks D
Old 12-01-2008, 03:35 PM

Pull everything out and take it to a shop. Shouldn't be any extra money if you put it back to stock.

Wiring colors are in the stickies. If you can't figure it out from that alone, you shouldn't attempt a RS install.

Don't take this post the wrong way btw. Just stating the facts as a professional installer myself.
Old 12-01-2008, 03:47 PM

o stickies got ya, but which pin is pin #1 is it on the white plug or grey plug if i figure that out then i'm all set. Because from what i did the wiring color did not match the pin numbers
Old 12-01-2008, 06:23 PM

so i double checked, the diagram on the stickies and the one i found are the same, and also got a copy of the SECU's pin out formt he FSM, thing is some of those wires don't even exisit (place is empty) and the wire colors don't match, that color wires are there but in a different place