Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Microsoft Zune in-car hookups?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 12:47 PM
Lightly modded

Microsoft Zune in-car hookups?

I bought a 120GB Zune last year and I want to finally connect it to my Pioneer DEH-P490IB. I've been looking for a system that would allow me to use my CD player to control the device, but all I've found are simple RCA jacks that would force me to change song on the Zune itself. Here are the two I've found so far:

Zune system

and

Ebay version

I guess I'm wondering if there's a device out there that I'm not aware of, and if not, is there anything in the official Zune system that warrants the increased price over the Ebay unit?

Thanks for the help!
Old 09-23-2009, 04:24 PM

I would not even think about the ebay POS. I would get the ZNCBLPAK and the REMCORE so you can put your zune out of sight and not have to mess with it to change songs.

http://www.soundgate.com/index.php?r...title&way=ASC&

As far as controlling portable media players with the exception of USB storage devices from a cars head unit the ipod has the market cornered on this one. If your head unit has a USB port and will see the zune as just a USB storage device then it may work allowing you to change songs from the head unit. If not then your stuck with using an aux input.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

ipod ftw
Old 09-24-2009, 08:42 AM

Short answer: No

I've had a Zune 80 and now have a Zune HD there aren't any decks that support the zune player like there are ipod support. So only option is Aux or Rca's