Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

2010 Alarm/Start,Configurations

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 08:41 AM

2010 Alarm/Start,Configurations

1)I want to use a ADD-ON Remote start that uses the factory key FOB and press lock 3 times to start/stop.

2)which bypass is the best to use for this?

3)Also which remote start can I add onto later if I want to start it from my android/iphone/Landline?

4)can I add just a shock sensor onto the stock alarm?

Please give me all the options for this configuration I am seeking.
I don't want to give up the stock key FOB or add another remote control to the key chain as I only carry just the FOB with me and no keys ever.
Any and all detailed information is great.
I have access to DEI's directechs website if anyone ever needs a print out or information,I can email it to you.
Old 09-15-2010, 09:48 AM

Bypass

Which Bypass have you guys been using?
http://www.xpresskit.com/VehicleCompatibility.aspx?p=-1&ps=1&s=0&make=Nissan&model=Maxima&year=2010

Looks like the XK09 would be my best bet?Just incase I want to add on even further later on?
Old 09-19-2010, 06:51 AM
tastey wheat

why would you want to continue using the horrible range on the stock remote (especially for RS) when you could have significantly increased range on a full on aftermarket? hell, that's a good reason to add an alarm/rs.

You're in central Jersey, do yourself a favor and take your car to Don in Edison (Pearl96Max)..

XK09 will work for adding to OE yes, but I'd suggest DLPK if you get an a/m alarm (would give you locks easily)
Old 09-22-2010, 07:32 AM

I do not need much range,and I do not carry any keys.I just carry the Nissan FOB.So adding another key FOB is dumb for my needs.And if I want range later on I will add the Smart Start so I can use my phone for those times I need range.

And far as Don In Edison,he hasnt been on here in months!And I do believe I am more experienced at 12V installs then he is.I made this thread to see what the public is using and the opinions they had.The install part I will do myself as always.I have been installing for 17 years,so I have been around the block more than once.

So again,Any and all info from anyone is great.Feedback is always good as this thread can help others on this topic.Sorry if I worded it wrong if anyone is offended.
Old 09-22-2010, 04:05 PM
tastey wheat

lol, if you "knew more than Don", then you wouldn't be posting on here for answers.
Old 09-22-2010, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by mendon99
lol, if you "knew more than Don", then you wouldn't be posting on here for answers.
haha, he said he know's more than Don.....ROFL........

:metalmax:
Old 09-23-2010, 07:22 AM

^ The best part is you are laughing at what you do not know anything about.Leave this thread alone and lets start a On Topic thread.

As far as Don goes:He may be a "Good" installer but if he was "Great" he would not be working out of his small grarage on Wisteria Lane.Also ,wouldnt he work or even own a high end shop by now?He is like 37 years old already and works out of his garage.He hasnt attended any car audio competions or won anything.He is only recognistion is FB and forums.I'm just saying he is a below radar dude doing some ok work out of his home garage.I think he opened a shop once near old bridge and it closed down in the first year.Please correct me if I am wrong with any of this?I am only making this statement at the above comments saying "haha, he said he know's more than Don.....ROFL........"
And what nice things he says about Nissan owners.My 4550 lb SUV is faster than your 14 sec VQ

Want to speak about what I know?Lets start the thread comparision.

Last edited by Juggernaut23; 09-23-2010 at 07:46 AM.
Old 09-23-2010, 10:11 AM

Im just saying you came in here asking for help, and then say you know more than the most knowledgeable car audio person on the org. So why did you even ask if you know more than everyone here??????????????????
Old 09-23-2010, 10:17 AM

I stated:I made this thread to see what the public is using and the opinions they had.

tigersharkdude: I want to know what others have done.You never know what somebody else knows or may have found out during a install or found a better way to make peoples life easier.Aren't we all here to help each other?I am not a know it all.Nobody is nor the best.This is why I had asked the questions I did.Not to pick on anyone.So I responded the way I did due to some of the above responses.
Old 09-23-2010, 11:15 AM

"you cant just jump in the ring with ali cause you think you can box"

had to...lol
Old 09-23-2010, 07:15 PM

Fyi,Don knows i can box.he worked for Harry...but he got fired!lol
Old 09-24-2010, 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by tigersharkdude
"you cant just jump in the ring with ali cause you think you can box"

had to...lol
Originally Posted by Juggernaut23
Fyi,Don knows i can box.he worked for Harry...but he got fired!lol
You two are wild!!!LMAO!!!!!
Old 09-24-2010, 07:54 AM
§è~® f®ÈÄk

Perhaps you should just give Don a call then, and you guys can shoot the pooh a little bit. You both, I'm sure, have plenty of knowledge and could potentially be friends or learn something from each other instead of this.
Old 09-24-2010, 07:59 AM

^No need for that.Doesnt interest me that much.I have had more than enough conversations and meetings with him all growing up!^

He can have the 12V internet glory all to himself.I just want to get back on topic to this thread.Hell ,maybe he can toss in a few pointers.lol
Old 09-24-2010, 08:03 AM
§è~® f®ÈÄk

It's just Don. And I'm not saying this to be an *** but where are you located and do you have a shop/ work at one? You have a nice collection of cars there.
Old 09-24-2010, 11:31 AM

I am in Middlesex 08854. I had a partner with a shop in town for 23 years.He moved down south when I decided to take a Engineering position at a Global company.

I started with the 12v industry and then moved on to the performace automotive industry and now taking it easy having fun being a Engineer for a Government Entity.

I've been through all stages of each Industry and grew to each level.I learned much from others and it was a great time.the wife keeps attempting to toss out all the trophy's I collected over the years.lol.I cant wait for SEMA and CES!
Old 11-04-2010, 10:08 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

I personally just used an CAN-SL2 (bypass) and an Ultrastart 1155 (remote start).. the only issue i ran into was apparently it's hit or miss on a tach signal over the CAN bus, and since i won't do tachless, i ran a wire up to the ECU up by the battery to get said tach signal. works like a charm though w/ the factory FOB and i get better range than i did w/ my G37's fob.. (probably the antenna placement in the max is better)
Originally Posted by Juggernaut23
1)I want to use a ADD-ON Remote start that uses the factory key FOB and press lock 3 times to start/stop.

2)which bypass is the best to use for this?

3)Also which remote start can I add onto later if I want to start it from my android/iphone/Landline?

4)can I add just a shock sensor onto the stock alarm?

Please give me all the options for this configuration I am seeking.
I don't want to give up the stock key FOB or add another remote control to the key chain as I only carry just the FOB with me and no keys ever.
Any and all detailed information is great.
I have access to DEI's directechs website if anyone ever needs a print out or information,I can email it to you.