Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

5th gen speaker options

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 09:17 PM

5th gen speaker options

Hey whats up everyone, i have a 5.5 gen with a factory bose set up, it sounds like a front door speaker is rattling, and I have the typical sub/amp cut out anything over vloume 10 sometimes.

I am looking to upgrade to something clean sounding and nothing crazy at all. I am dropping my wifes suv off at the stereo shop in a few weeks for a remote start and was going to talk to them then. But I wanted to see what everyone would suggest and what they like.

Backround on music, heavy metal, rock and roll, rap, techo, country, pretty much everything LOL i dont need anything nuts I have a 3 year old who is usually in the car with me, and i lost a lot of hearing from spl competitions i used to go to back in the day

pics would help, also i have heard that with some head units the steering wheel controls may not work at all.

Thanks for any input everyone

Jay
Old 01-03-2011, 10:44 PM

I would hop on the Rainbow Audio group deal. IMO they give you the best bang for the buck...and they sound pretty damn good.

http://forums.maxima.org/audio-elect...-gd-again.html

I ran two different sets in the past and really liked how they performed. My music taste is mostly techno/trance and R&B, but I do listen to quite a bit of everything else as well.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by AscendantMax
I would hop on the Rainbow Audio group deal. IMO they give you the best bang for the buck...and they sound pretty damn good.

http://forums.maxima.org/audio-elect...-gd-again.html

I ran two different sets in the past and really liked how they performed. My music taste is mostly techno/trance and R&B, but I do listen to quite a bit of everything else as well.
sweet, i will take a look at it, this is the first i have heard of the company
Old 01-06-2011, 01:30 PM
Suspension Yoda

Definitely a good option, the Rainbow's are fantastic.

HOWEVER....you have a Bose system, and you simply cannot replace your speakers with the Rainbows.

You would have to purchase and wire in an aftermarket amp in order to power those speakers, and there is no way around that.

If your radio cuts out, I would start FIRST with replacing your head unit with something aftermarket. It will actually make your Bose system sound better. Price would probably be right on par with what you're going to spend on Rainbows alone.

As for your rattling speaker, the paper either ripped or the foam surround has broken. Very common. just purchase a used one off the classifieds section and replace it. eBay for that speaker is another alternative. Shouldn't cost more than $15 or so.