Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Audio advise?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2002, 06:43 PM

Audio advise?

Just wandering what you guys think of this set up.

I've ordered a top of the line PYLE 160W CD player for $99

A Power aucustic fahrenheit 540W amp for $109

Hooking this up to some 10" Comp Kickers in a large sealed box that my brother gave to me for free.

And the rest of my car speakers are 6.5" 1206 rockford fostgates.

My friend already hooked his 540 to my subs. They hit so hard his mirror fell off. He says the Pyle CD player is a good one. I've never heard of it. Any comments suggestions.
Old 01-02-2002, 06:52 PM
detailerdaveb@gmail.com

Re: Audio advise?

Originally posted by BIGMAX
Just wandering what you guys think of this set up.

I've ordered a top of the line PYLE 160W CD player for $99

A Power aucustic fahrenheit 540W amp for $109

Hooking this up to some 10" Comp Kickers in a large sealed box that my brother gave to me for free.

And the rest of my car speakers are 6.5" 1206 rockford fostgates.

My friend already hooked his 540 to my subs. They hit so hard his mirror fell off. He says the Pyle CD player is a good one. I've never heard of it. Any comments suggestions.
Old 01-02-2002, 07:32 PM

Re: Re: Audio advise?

Originally posted by maximadave

Old 01-02-2002, 07:35 PM

Top of the line and pyle Why o god why.
Old 01-02-2002, 09:21 PM
detailerdaveb@gmail.com

Originally posted by max'n out
Top of the line and pyle Why o god why.
Old 01-02-2002, 11:08 PM

I think Pyle is one of those overseas "off-brand" brand
Old 01-03-2002, 07:14 PM

Laugh it up you yups.

Is it that bad?

This is my first time ever redoing a system.

My friend has some name brand CD player and he says the pyle is better than his junk.

Out of curiosity, what is the power rating on the stock non bose CD player.

C'mon, Is it really a Pyle of Crap!
Old 01-03-2002, 07:27 PM

Laugh it up you yups.

Is it that bad?

This is my first time ever redoing a system.

My friend has some name brand CD player and he says the pyle is better than his junk.

Out of curiosity, what is the power rating on the stock non bose CD player.

C'mon, Is it really a Pyle of Crap!
My god I hope your playing around. Fine I'll spell it out. Absolute garbage. I can make one in 30 min better out of grass. Your friend is a dumbass leave him. NOW. Please. I beg you. And by the way your pyle head unit does not have 160 watts or 4x40 which is prob what it says. 99 bucks for a head unit when most go for at least over 200 up to 4000. Come on put 2 and 2 together.
Old 01-03-2002, 07:36 PM

Dang, go easy.

I'm not paying full price, I'm buying it at the wholesale price, that is why it's so cheap.

Shoot, if it is crap i'll just send it back and get a better one. You make it sound like it's the end of the world.

Well, what would you recommend then?
Old 01-03-2002, 07:39 PM

Dang, go easy.

I'm not paying full price, I'm buying it at the wholesale price, that is why it's so cheap.

Shoot, if it is crap i'll just send it back and get a better one. You make it sound like it's the end of the world.

Well, what would you recommend then?
I thought that was easy. Trust me I can be worse. What would I recomend. NEver get that. Give me some numbers. I sugges a few. I also recomend a better amp. You got some decent subs and speakers. Modaswell run them with somthing decent too. Figrure to spend money on a good head and amp setup prob 500 up depending on both.
Old 01-03-2002, 08:08 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

I don't know squat about car audio.. but my suggestion: If you have a fixed budget, (like myself) it's better to buy stuff used... but as long as it is quality stuff and it is in good shape... there are many sweet deals out there on used car audio and it will probably last you longer and sound 10X better then new, but cheap stuff...

With car audio, much like "most" other things involving cars.. you get what you pay for
Old 01-03-2002, 08:24 PM
STFU n00b!

I'll be nice, but to the point.
1. Pyle sucks.
2. Power Acoustic sucks.

the speakers aren't bad, but the horrible head unit and amp will likely ruin the speakers before long from the bad signals they're shoving through them.

Send the Pyle back. Get rid of the amp. Buy good quality used stuff if you want to save money over new prices.

Short and sweet.
Old 01-03-2002, 11:36 PM

Taking A Chance Here...

OK Jayson,

I am gonna go out on a limb here and ask you for an opinion (like I have to ask, huh??)...hehehe I have Boston Acoustic Rally Components, and Boston Acoustics Rally Coaxials,,,pushed by an Alpine 4-channel (40X4). A JL Audio 10W3 pushed by [right now]->a Punch 75 that's like 6-7 yrs old. I am hoping to go to a JL Audio 250/1 sub amp soon, but what do you think so far?? Am I sticking my neck out here??...hehe Thanks...D-MAN
Old 01-04-2002, 12:11 PM

Re: Taking A Chance Here...

Originally posted by DMAN11
OK Jayson,

I am gonna go out on a limb here and ask you for an opinion (like I have to ask, huh??)...hehehe I have Boston Acoustic Rally Components, and Boston Acoustics Rally Coaxials,,,pushed by an Alpine 4-channel (40X4). A JL Audio 10W3 pushed by [right now]->a Punch 75 that's like 6-7 yrs old. I am hoping to go to a JL Audio 250/1 sub amp soon, but what do you think so far?? Am I sticking my neck out here??...hehe Thanks...D-MAN
OOOOOOOOUUUUUUCCCCCCHHHH ....Boston stuff is pretty nice. Comparable to eclipse. So far I think your on the right track. Your gonna get rid of that decade old amp and get a solid nice new one. Alpine is good. Only thing I would suggest is runing the same brand of amp for the mid/highs, and subs . Buts thats not that big of deal. Your going in the right direction keep it up...was that to harsh?? See I can be nice from time to time
Old 01-04-2002, 09:44 PM

oh really? - top of the line and pyle?? - i never heard those two terms used in the same sentence before. i sure hope u saved yor receipt
Old 01-05-2002, 07:32 AM

WHHHEEEWWWWWW......I'm OK!!!

Great! Thanks Jayson, I appreciate the time and opinion. I knew everything those guys were saying about you wasn't true....hehehe j/k

With your credentials, I figure you have a clue....hehe So you think maybe looking for an Alpine amp "to push the sub"?? They do have one that can be bridged up to 240watts, but no class D like that JL Audio 250/1. I thought being a JL sub, the JL amp would make a good match, but maybe I can check around for an Alpine too, and see how it compares. I'm sure it would be clean bass if nothin else, with the Alpine. Well again, thanks for the input......D-MAN
Old 01-05-2002, 01:47 PM

Re: WHHHEEEWWWWWW......I'm OK!!!

Originally posted by DMAN11
Great! Thanks Jayson, I appreciate the time and opinion. I knew everything those guys were saying about you wasn't true....hehehe j/k

With your credentials, I figure you have a clue....hehe So you think maybe looking for an Alpine amp "to push the sub"?? They do have one that can be bridged up to 240watts, but no class D like that JL Audio 250/1. I thought being a JL sub, the JL amp would make a good match, but maybe I can check around for an Alpine too, and see how it compares. I'm sure it would be clean bass if nothin else, with the Alpine. Well again, thanks for the input......D-MAN
Man o Man just keep twisting that knife Since you already have an alpine amp to me it's good to get another alipine to run the subs. If you want to get jl audio for the subs you can do it. But if it where me i'd get a jl to run the mids and highs too. If it's got the power your after go for it. Class D is kewl but it is not the end all of sub amps. Alpine vs Jl audio...which is better? Neither. Both are good solid amps. The guys that took first and second in the expert class use them. 1st place went to Mark ligett(jl auidio) and second to steve brown(alpine) so both are very cable equipment.