Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Update: BOSE fuse...Still need help

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2002, 10:23 AM

Update: BOSE fuse...Still need help

I am installing an amp for the first time with this crappy BOSE system. I thought that my 15A BOSE fuse was constantly blowing because of the remote wire I had plugged into the AUDIO fuse. Anyways, I switched the remote wire to the CIGARETTE 15A fuse since it is also an ACC fuse. I am still receiving power to my amp, but the BOSE fuse blows EVERYTIME I turn the radio on. I have one of those high level inverters that switches the speaker wire into RCAs. The way I wired this up is so: You know how you slide the connector from the speaker wire over the little tab of the speaker..>Well I just shoved the wire from the converter into there for both the (+) and (-). Would tapping into the speaker wire AFTER it has already been amplified cause the BOSE fuse to blow like it does? I am thinking that I am going to pull off the speaker wire and return it back to stock to still see if it wants to blow the fuse. Also, my right rear speaker was making a poping noise whenever I dd get the radio to work before the fuse wold blow. Isn't this normally caused by wires touch? In conclusion, I KNOW that it is NOT the remote power wire causing thus stupid BOSE fuse to blow everytime I turn the radio on. Lets say that I disconnect the high level inverter and wire the rear speakers up just like they are stock, and the fuse still blows, what could I have possibly shorted out?
Thanks,
Rob