Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

5thgen owners: Any cool custom sub installs?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2002, 07:52 PM

5thgen owners: Any cool custom sub installs?

Some of you guys take out the spare, and some of you attach subs to the back of the rear seat. I'd like to know how the last one is done. WHat are other options of mounting sub in the trunk, like sides of the trunk? I'm tired of having to carry around heavy bandpass box that takes away my access to spare.

I'd like to keep my amp, and spend up to 200 for my new bass. ANy suggestions? Post pics if avail.
Old 01-15-2002, 08:28 PM

Re: 5thgen owners: Any cool custom sub installs?

Originally posted by Y2KMaxGXE-R
Some of you guys take out the spare, and some of you attach subs to the back of the rear seat. I'd like to know how the last one is done. WHat are other options of mounting sub in the trunk, like sides of the trunk? I'm tired of having to carry around heavy bandpass box that takes away my access to spare.

I'd like to keep my amp, and spend up to 200 for my new bass. ANy suggestions? Post pics if avail.
If you can think of it it can be dun. Put them in a side panel and fire accross. Stick out the magnet. Free air with the baffle board where the seat is. Off the deck. Tire well. Anything.

As far as attaching to the rear seat...Are you talking about mounthing them in the deck? Or right behind the seat and fireing which way?
Old 01-16-2002, 07:43 PM

Re: Re: 5thgen owners: Any cool custom sub installs?

Originally posted by max'n out
As far as attaching to the rear seat...Are you talking about mounthing them in the deck? Or right behind the seat and fireing which way?
uhm..dunnow. I saw pics with subs being mounted right behind the rear seat. I'm just getting tired with this big box, want to see if there's anything more efficient. I doubt there's something can be mounted on the sides, because I need access to the spare..The magnets are too damn big..I also want to know whats the hottest cheapest on the market today in place of traditional sub...to deliver the deep lows.
Old 01-16-2002, 08:38 PM

Re: Re: Re: 5thgen owners: Any cool custom sub installs?

uhm..dunnow. I saw pics with subs being mounted right behind the rear seat. I'm just getting tired with this big box, want to see if there's anything more efficient. I doubt there's something can be mounted on the sides, because I need access to the spare..The magnets are too damn big..I also want to know whats the hottest cheapest on the market today in place of traditional sub...to deliver the deep lows.
Do you have the pics? Are you refering to the seat being folded down and the subs cone right there? If so there still in the trunk. To some extent they always will be unless you mount them upfront.

Mounting the subs on the side would give you access to the spare. There lots of ways to get to the spare. I could show you alot of spare tires in tact in lots of cars with subs in the trunk and fulley usable trunks.

There is so much techology and skill out there right now if you come up with an idea it can be dun(most likely).
Old 01-17-2002, 04:18 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: 5thgen owners: Any cool custom sub installs?

I dont have any pics but you're getting my point. I'd love to change my current setup to a custom-built enclosure, make it look nice and cheap. No time for this now, though. I'll holler at you all later in the spring on this.
Old 01-17-2002, 04:22 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 5thgen owners: Any cool custom sub installs?

I dont have any pics but you're getting my point. I'd love to change my current setup to a custom-built enclosure, make it look nice and cheap. No time for this now, though. I'll holler at you all later in the spring on this.
kewl let me know.