Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Long but any helpful comments would help!

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2002, 06:56 AM
Blu
the tits

Long but any helpful comments would help!

OK to all the fellow org members that know there audio tell me it this can be done fairly easily at the audio shop tweeter probably. I want to keep my 6 disc in dash changer but i want to change the fronts with jl xr 650 csi comp. and rear xr 650 cx and a jl w3 12 with a 500/5 amp to run it all. Now i know it can be done BUT will the output of sound be louder than the weak bose and will it be a lot crisper on highs without turning it up to 25 or louder when it only goes to 31. Let me know SORRY for such a long post thanks in advance.
Old 04-26-2002, 07:23 AM
Blu
the tits

BUMP!
Old 04-26-2002, 08:06 AM
jmax

What's the problem with turning it past 25? If your headunit is clipping then you can expect that to continue. But if it's the bose amps then expect some improvement. I've got my gains turned down low enough that I can turn my sony all the way up without audible clipping, at least with 95% of my CD collection. This way I know that I can go to 55 on the volume **** with a new or borrowed CD and not worry. With a CD I am familiar with I can turn it all the way to 63, maxed, and it's still clear. Of course if it were rap I would't be able to hear anything for at least 45 minutes after that. It's called temporary total deafness caused by idiocy, with long term detrimental affects.

Old 04-26-2002, 08:11 AM
Blu
the tits

well i come froma 93 max se rip with 160k on it with 3 12" mmats pro cast subs and a memphis 1000.1d amp. I want always deaf for about 30 mins after i got out the car. My ? is though i don't want to have to blast the stereo wide open to get loud crisp highs and bass like i have to do with the bose now. plus i just want good sq and a little more base along with highs.
Old 04-26-2002, 08:27 AM
jmax

As I said, the gains should be adjusted so that it is clean even when it is loud. But be careful because clean does not sound as loud. I mean that distorted music sounds louder to the human ear than clean music. If it is clean everywhere on the volume **** I don't see a problem with turning it all the way up. It should still be clean, clear and loud at 100 with the windows down and sunroof open. Not that anyone on the org has ever tried this . . . LOL
The littel JBL amp will be adequate for the mids but won't have a lot of bump for the sub with the windows down, unless you go to the point of distortion. What's wrong with the mmats setup? Did you have juggernauts or the standard issue Pro twelve's? Just because the car is resting peacefully is no reason for the stereo to do the same.

Old 04-26-2002, 08:43 AM
Blu
the tits

O sorry for not clarifying it but i sold it before the car passed away plus it rattled my car to s h i t even the front grill rattled it would rattle change off the dash and my sunroof would flex about a 1/2" for real just to loud i was younger then so i wanted to be the loudest but now just want good sound. by the way the were pro cast 160 magnet 3" dual voice coil 12's if you like really really low bass those speakers can drop waaaaaaaaayyyy lower than any other subs i have heard.

Originally posted by jmax
As I said, the gains should be adjusted so that it is clean even when it is loud. But be careful because clean does not sound as loud. I mean that distorted music sounds louder to the human ear than clean music. If it is clean everywhere on the volume **** I don't see a problem with turning it all the way up. It should still be clean, clear and loud at 100 with the windows down and sunroof open. Not that anyone on the org has ever tried this . . . LOL
The littel JBL amp will be adequate for the mids but won't have a lot of bump for the sub with the windows down, unless you go to the point of distortion. What's wrong with the mmats setup? Did you have juggernauts or the standard issue Pro twelve's? Just because the car is resting peacefully is no reason for the stereo to do the same.