Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Ok, I really need help picking out equipment.. knowledgeable people check in please..

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2002, 08:32 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

Originally posted by max'n out

Your idea is good..the two channel on the componets would go like this, one channel to the left passive x over one channel too the right side passive x over then that would split it to the mid and tweet...each would then only get half of the power per channel though...personally I like 4 channels one per speaker for the mids/tweets...also a 2 channel amp brigded on the subs is usally the way to go...You want the wattage of the rms rating for the sub, that wattage rating from the amp depends on the load your gonna run it at though...You sure you don't want my amps they would truley work great with the setup your planning thus far...
Well, it's all about the money and I am trying to find out as much as I can to do it right once and forget it like KCTYPHOON said, because I frankly don't want to dump any more $ into the stereo after I'm done, meaning if it's bought, it stays for a while. I would definately consider your amps but do I really need 3? If you are willing to split them up by any chance, perhaps then... but they are also out of my price range, as much as I'd like to get my hands on something like that.

thanks for the feedback
Old 05-13-2002, 08:36 PM

Originally posted by NYCe MaXiMa

Well, it's all about the money and I am trying to find out as much as I can to do it right once and forget it like KCTYPHOON said, because I frankly don't want to dump any more $ into the stereo after I'm done, meaning if it's bought, it stays for a while. I would definately consider your amps but do I really need 3? If you are willing to split them up by any chance, perhaps then... but they are also out of my price range, as much as I'd like to get my hands on something like that.

thanks for the feedback
Do you need three? It's not that it's three amps it's 6 channels, you can do it anyway you want 2 amps one 4 channel and one 2 channel or like Ive done 3 2 channels..There not big if thats a concern I think less than a foot each. I think even if you look at some lower end mid level amps even off of ebay anything your looking at is gonna run you around 5-700 bucks. Like you said if you can do it right at first thats the way to go, which is why it may be a good idea for you to keep saving, maybe just another 200 bucks could put you up in the very high level of quality if you can get some good deals.

One other thing to add, cost on what your saying and my amps runs like this...

$650 my amps, $90 zapco rca converter, $250 for the polyglass your looking at, Id subs your looking at $400...Youve got over 600 in non amps, it's gonna be hard to find any decent amps for 300 bucks total for 6 channels, or even 2; 2 channels.
Old 05-13-2002, 08:44 PM
KCTYPHOON

<pssst> 6 channel amp... 4+2=6.. why buy two?? one 6 channel will do the same job, and you can always use it later on for just the box if you ever wanna upgrade.. not that im tryin to instagite anything on here, but can someone give me a solid reason that proves this to be a bad idea? fyi.. theres a new 6 channel diamond audio amp on ebay.. its the esoteric?? spelling?? thats what you want trust me..

Old 05-13-2002, 09:10 PM

Originally posted by KCTYPHOON
<pssst> 6 channel amp... 4+2=6.. why buy two?? one 6 channel will do the same job, and you can always use it later on for just the box if you ever wanna upgrade.. not that im tryin to instagite anything on here, but can someone give me a solid reason that proves this to be a bad idea? fyi.. theres a new 6 channel diamond audio amp on ebay.. its the esoteric?? spelling?? thats what you want trust me..
Well, that does make sense.
I have not even looked at 6 channel amps.. I figured that would be way out of my 400$ tops price range.. I didn't even know of "bridging" before, lol. I figured, a good 2 channel for the comps, run the rears off the HU as others said and a ****tier, maybe even used but more powerful 2 channel for the 2 10s... but if a decent 6 channel amp is affordable.. then why not.
Old 05-13-2002, 09:13 PM

ok i see the auction..
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=1351930316
i'm going to watch it,
how much is this thing normally worth?

EDIT
I'm going to kill myself..
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=1352240891
I thought M6s are worth like 350$+ and they can't be sold online... yet these are new, buy it now at 200$... 215$ shipped.. wtf
Old 05-13-2002, 09:36 PM
KCTYPHOON

Originally posted by NYCe MaXiMa
ok i see the auction..
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=1351930316
i'm going to watch it,
how much is this thing normally worth?

EDIT
I'm going to kill myself..
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=1352240891
I thought M6s are worth like 350$+ and they can't be sold online... yet these are new, buy it now at 200$... 215$ shipped.. wtf
that looks to be the older stlye of the diamond audio amp.. it should be the same as the one they make now, just basically in a different case. id get confirmation on that first. if it is.. JUMP on that.. the new ones sell for over $1,000.. thats basically the same amp as paco is runnign is whole system off of, and its friggin incredible.. literally, you cant sit in the car for more than a few min with the volume all the way up.. id ask that guy jmax, hes uses all da stuff and competes with it.. im sure hell know..

Old 05-13-2002, 09:39 PM
KCTYPHOON

btw.. if i didnt have my fosgate 1100a2 to run subs off of id probably be bidding on that.. im gettin the 4 channel friday. and those power ratings are very under rated

Old 05-13-2002, 10:34 PM
jmax

Actually I don't compete. I would but don't have the time or money to make my cars' interior pretty again. It sounds good as get all, to me anyway. But that's all that I care about. How it sounds and the fact that I put at least 320 miles a week on the odometer.

I think you may be hard pressed to find one of the DA amps on the east coast. The guy I got all my speakers from in the past few years hasn't even ordered the amps. His market in Va just won't spend the money on quality stuff. All the customers are high school kids and their parents don't make the dough for Diamond amps. I don't even know who makes the amps. They might be Esoteric, which is Streetwires. They brought some new amps out a few years ago and then they disapeared. But they looked a lot like the Diamond Amps. I called Streetwires a year or two ago and they didn't even have a dealer on the east coast. And they were bought sometime in the past 6 months by Monster Cable. So hopefully their quality won't go down, because their wire has always been the best, and at a fraction of the cost.

Sorry to get off subject -

Old 05-14-2002, 12:23 PM

Esoteric does now own Diamond but make no mistake that is an Eso amp, the older model...there are a few things theyve changed since theyve been bought. There are some sq differences though I doubt since you seem to know very little ( no offence intended) that your gonna notice them. Da amps are becoming more popular up north in the east coast Ive seen um quite a few places, and i'm pretty sure Fl, and Atl have a few places that sell um too. Keep in mind this 6 channel amp is 22" x 10"x 3", make sure you know where your gonna put it.