Autocrossing and Road Course Racing Enjoy and discuss the fun through the twisties at your favorite auto-x event. Check out the links to the SCCA website to locate your local club.

Autocrossing In FL?¿?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2002, 09:41 AM

Autocrossing In FL?¿?

Anyone know of any Tracks near Jacksonville Fl, for Autocrossing? Anyone in FL do autocrossing?

I was woundering what do u think puts more stress on the car.. Drag racing, or Autocrossing?

-ChRi§
Old 07-27-2002, 04:02 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Autocrossing In FL?¿?

Originally posted by MaxSpeedSE
I was woundering what do u think puts more stress on the car.. Drag racing, or Autocrossing?

-ChRi§
Good question. I'd say autocrossing would put more over all stress on the car {brakes & supension}, but not as much stress on the powertrain as drag racing does. In drag racing all you do is mash the gas pedal and shift as quickly as you can. That very bad on the drive train. In autocrossing once I shift into second I usually stay in second.

If your looking for local events just goto:
http://www.scca.org/interactive/regions.html and look in the southeast division.

Good Luck. Once you start autocrossing you'll never look at drag racing the same.

Blade
Old 07-28-2002, 10:57 AM

- I AutoX in Tallahassee (2.5 hours from Jax) every month and in Orlando every so often (2 hours from Jax).

Here are the links:

www.dixiescca.com Tally

www.martinsportscarclub.com Orlando
Old 07-28-2002, 11:26 PM

I too autox in Florida. Tally is 1.75 hours from Jax. I just did the drive tonight. I was at Roebling Road for a SeDiv. But there is a huge autox club in Jacksonville. Bunch of really fun guys. Some VERY VERY fast cars there too. Check out their site at
http://www.buccaneersolo.org/
Have fun.