Autocrossing and Road Course Racing Enjoy and discuss the fun through the twisties at your favorite auto-x event. Check out the links to the SCCA website to locate your local club.

Sequential Shift Lights

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 12:01 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Sequential Shift Lights

Hey everyone,

I've been planning to design a sequential shift light for some time and finally this summer it's starting to all come together. I just wanted to know if anyone would be interested in one. So far the design consists of 8 Led lights and we are still making a lot of changes until we finish the prototype. I figure this section would be the best to find out about interest in this product. I initially was only getting it made for my personal use and just want to find out who would be interested.
Let me know...

Chris
Old 07-19-2007, 12:43 AM

I am interested...more details please.
Old 07-20-2007, 02:47 PM

We are still in the prototype and design phase but definitely looking for inputs...I will definitely keep you posted. Any inputs on placement. I'm thinking just straight across on top of the dash....

Chris
Old 07-20-2007, 02:51 PM

I was just going to make one of these myself, but I just don't have the time. I will offer my ideas though.

My orginal plan was to have it right in the middle of the instrument cluster a sequence of LED lights that light up from bottom to top.

Thoughts?
Old 07-21-2007, 02:28 PM

Sounds like a cool mod, great for keeping it stealth (I perfer a large tach).

I like your idea of 8 LED's, and if I were going to go that route, I'd attach it under the instrument cluster hood. This means the LED's would be in a mildly flexible casing that can be bent to the hood's arch. The led's hafta be large, super bright, or appreciably spaced apart so it catch's my peripheral vision (which's why I prefer a large tach and huge needle).

What color LED's are you gonna use?

Jae
Old 07-21-2007, 06:34 PM
retired moderator

Two things:

1. What is the point of a sequential shift light? (n00b question)

2. If you are going to "advertise" a product on here, you should probably become an org sponsor...for future reference. This section is slow so I'm not going to bust you on it (that, and I don't really care), but some other mods/admins might come down with a ban stick if they see your sig in other sections of the org.

Unfortunately, one thing that I can't let slide is the link and email in your sig. Those need to be removed unless/until you become a sponsor. Sorry
Old 07-21-2007, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by irish44j
Two things:

1. What is the point of a sequential shift light? (n00b question)

2. If you are going to "advertise" a product on here, you should probably become an org sponsor...for future reference. This section is slow so I'm not going to bust you on it (that, and I don't really care), but some other mods/admins might come down with a ban stick if they see your sig in other sections of the org.

Unfortunately, one thing that I can't let slide is the link and email in your sig. Those need to be removed unless/until you become a sponsor. Sorry
Completely understandable, Not trying to cause any trouble. Just wanted to find out if it would be worth making extra or even manufacturing a product. I personally am using the sequential shift light for road racing off road use and just to have fun with something different and new. I'll take care of the sig... Btw where can i get info about sponsorship?

Best Regards,
Chris
Old 07-22-2007, 10:12 AM
retired moderator

Originally Posted by NISMOPower
Completely understandable, Not trying to cause any trouble. Just wanted to find out if it would be worth making extra or even manufacturing a product. I personally am using the sequential shift light for road racing off road use and just to have fun with something different and new. I'll take care of the sig... Btw where can i get info about sponsorship?

Best Regards,
Chris
send a pm to gtr_rider (Luke) or one of the other admins - they can tell you the process (it's pretty simple )