Autocrossing and Road Course Racing Enjoy and discuss the fun through the twisties at your favorite auto-x event. Check out the links to the SCCA website to locate your local club.

ETR AutoX event #2

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 03:13 PM
Project Ruby......

ETR AutoX event #2

My goal yesterday was too come out ahead in front of the Mini Cooper that is in my class. I think he is running some sticky Bridgestone street tire, but I'm not 100% positive. Tire wise for me is Nankangs (cheapos). I have been chasing this **** for about 5 events now.

Anyway this was the first event I actually took it somewhat seriously and bumped my tire pressures up. I usually would just come in off the street and run on my 30psi I pumped the fronts up to 42 and the rears to 40. I wanted to bump the rears to 45 but SilverGLE's pump was taking quite a while and for some reason the plug wasn't staying in my cig lighter I had to hold it FTMFL.

First run out there the back end was quite happy through the slalom it surprised me how much of a difference I felt. I blew that run by driving too deep into a corner so I gave up. When I got back to grid I adjusted the rear shock dampners. I played with them after just about every run. Anyway here is the end result. Marcus in his silver maxima did a great job too. It sucks though that the automatic gearing wasn't geared for the course yesterday. I did end up getting a 33.1xx but coned on my final run. I was PISSED!!

http://www.etrscca.org/soloii/result..._2_sum.htm#STX
Old 03-26-2009, 05:47 PM
Conecarver

Decent driving for an autotragic to keep in the top half on index. Tire pressures should be your #2 focus (after driving). If you've got time to change shocks you've got time to measure and adjust pressures. What mods put you in STX vs STS? Oh, and what's John Brown's Miata doing in STS (insteads of STS2) anyway? He's got a 4 seater?
Old 03-26-2009, 06:00 PM
Project Ruby......

I don't know anything about classes. I asked a fellow member what he thought and suggested STX. I re-read my post it may have been a tad confusing. I have a 5spd, Marcus (silver max) has an auto. He can drive the wheels off that thing.

My mods are:

JIC coilovers
BBK
TS ECU
Ypipe
SP2
G35 Coupe wheels
ES tie-rod bushings, subframe bushings
RSB
FSTB
Hi-flo cat

That's all I can think of at the moment, but I think that's it. I didn't bring a pressure gauge with me to measure the tire pressures. I didn't bother asking to borrow anybody's either. Like I said this is my 7th total event I have done 4 with the Max. First event I actually bumped up my pressures. I may begin to take it more seriously as the season goes on and check things and cool tires down blah blah blah blah. But I'm out there to have fun and keep pace with the Mini and the Civic Si when he shows up.

Don't know why the Miata is in STS. I can't remember if he ran a Miata or not. If you look in D-Stock a Camaro is in there. That car wasn't run he pre-registered online to run, but the r-comps he had ended up not fitting and co-drived the BMW in d-stock.