Autocrossing and Road Course Racing Enjoy and discuss the fun through the twisties at your favorite auto-x event. Check out the links to the SCCA website to locate your local club.

Two turbo 3rd gens going at it on the track

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 11:36 AM
SLOW

Two turbo 3rd gens going at it on the track

These are my buddies Jeremy and Jason in their turbo 3rd gens going at it on the track (gingerman, new extended track).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWb_W_ovXIY
Old 07-28-2010, 12:38 PM
Maxima.org Insomniac

That is the biggest number of Maximas I've seen on a road course outside of Maxus '05 & '06.

Old 07-28-2010, 05:56 PM
SLOW

Originally Posted by 98SEBlackMax

That is the biggest number of Maximas I've seen on a road course outside of Maxus '05 & '06.

Last year we had 3 (myself and these two guys) but we weren't all in the same run class because it was Jason's first time.
Old 07-28-2010, 08:00 PM
Maxima.org Insomniac

Originally Posted by Nealoc187
Last year we had 3 (myself and these two guys) but we weren't all in the same run class because it was Jason's first time.
Nice. Those turbo cars are able to hold up to track abuse? I've never heard of anyone road coursing a boosted Maxima let alone two turbo ones at the same time.
Old 07-28-2010, 10:19 PM
SLOW

Nice. Those turbo cars are able to hold up to track abuse? I've never heard of anyone road coursing a boosted Maxima let alone two turbo ones at the same time.

in many ways these cars are built beyond anything i've ever seen in the maxima world especially jeremy's (the white one). they aren't the fastest or most powerful ever (not that they're any slouch, jeremy put down 400whp on his OLD setup and his new setup is quite superior to his old setup but he's running low boost right now) but as far as durability and robustness of the cooling systems and keeping heat in check they are second to none - pretty serious work is done in those areas. Jeremy drives his car back and for the AZ from IL all the time. It's a super reliable setup. i'll tell them to get in here and post some info.
Old 07-28-2010, 10:40 PM
Maxima.org Insomniac

Sweet. Not a fan of boost but I am a big fan of better cooling for road course use. My setup is overkill for N/A but I like to run flat out and not having to worry about over heating.

Most of the boosted setups I've seen are kinda on the soft side, just good for driving and occasional 1/4 mile use.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:12 PM
SLOW

Sweet. Not a fan of boost but I am a big fan of better cooling for road course use. My setup is overkill for N/A but I like to run flat out and not having to worry about over heating.

Most of the boosted setups I've seen are kinda on the soft side, just good for driving and occasional 1/4 mile use.
yeah that's exactly how mine was. that's why i got rid of it. i wanted to get back on the track. when and if i do it again it will be done with lapping in mind. jeremy and i will be making the setup and it will be money.
Old 07-29-2010, 08:01 AM

the biggest things i had in mind when in was initially turbocharging my car was reliability... the second most important thing was for there to be NO side effects... i still wanted cruise control... a/c... P/s.... etc... My setup was always reliable but not always the most suited for the road course.... although that never stopped me. it not has just about everything it need to be thrashed non stop around a road course. Big radiator.. BIG oil cooler.. lots of heat protection around the turbo and headers... Big brakes... Chassis stiffening... etc... This year was alot of fun because it finally feels like im getting everything just right. and i would walk out my door right this minute and drive it across the country if i had to.
Old 07-29-2010, 09:17 PM

Thanks Neal for posting the video. The goal was to showcased the potential of the thirdgen platform and proves the reliability of the stock motor. Much thanks to maxmaxima91 for your knowledge and heard work to make this possible. Stay tuned I have more videos.