Buyer/Seller Feedback Give feedback on buyer and seller that you have had a transaction with.

Very Poor experiance with fellow .orger ( 95seMax )

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2004, 11:39 AM

Very Poor experiance with fellow .orger ( 95seMax )

Hey All, I need to vent a bit.....Please Read

Let me give you some background

I was on here about 4-5 months ago looking for a set of wheels and tires someone might have for sale.
Well I found a set that 95seMax had for sale....See this thread. http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=256644

According to the add, they were a "MINT" set of 18inch Chromies. or so I thought.....

I talked to the seller and made arrangements to purchase them after seeing a bunch of pics.
These wheels did look pretty decent in the pictures

Well to make a long story short here it goes.
I made arrangements to have these picked up as shipping would have been to costly.
After agreeing with the seller on the price ($900 USD ) a friend of mine made arrangements to pick these up.

At that point the seller informed my friend that the price went up $100.00 because he wanted more money for them.
Now that put my friend in a awkward place, but we worked it out and I was not impressed that someone would be so un-business like and lowball a potential buyer like this, but whatever.
Anyway, that was fine, I paid for the wheels and they were picked up from the seller.

I then grabbed then off my buddy in Buffalo and brought them home.
Before I was to have them installed, I thought I would get them balanced just for piece of mind, and to be safe.
Well.....all wheels were so badly warped/bent and out of round that they could not even be balanced. At this point these things were basically Junk!!!!
I was unsure what I was supposed to do.
I called the seller and talked to him in person he basically informed me that I had no idea what I was talking about and the wheels were straight as an arrow......what a load of BULL**** )
Needless to say I was stuck with these Paper weights

Now, I have spent the past 3 weeks trying to find someone to repair these wheels, but considering they had a chrome finish, this proved more challenging that expected.

I finally found the "The Wheel fix" www.wheelfix.com
who said they could fix them and did...
In fact they gave me a before and after report of the wheels and the results were disgusting. Extremly out of round.
In conclusion the wheels have been hydraulically pressed and straightened, then machined and they are now 100% straight.
$600 %%^(^^$% bucks later......
Now I won't even go off on how bad the Tires are.
I have noticed at least 4 substantial tire blemished, 2 HUGE Gouoges, and 2 Large Bulges in the sidewall.......
Absolutely brutal!!!!!!!!!!!!

This thread is to illustrate how upset I am with a fellow Maxima.org doing this to a fellow member.
I mean the least someone could do as a decent human being person would be to warn me that there might be a possibility that there is a little bend or something in the wheels, but, that was never highlighted during any of the communications with the Seller.

Thanks for Nothing 95seMax ........I just learned my lesson and I will not likely buy on-line again, at least not for anything worth alot of $$.

I hope someone learns something from my experiences and if anyone has any comments or questions, please post away.
Sorry for venting, but I wanted people to know what I went through

Regards
OPIPE
Old 04-26-2004, 04:02 AM

I just noticed a mistake in the Thread Subject, My Crappy experiance I had was with 95seMax.......not Maxse95...That was a Typo, my mistake