Buyer/Seller Feedback Give feedback on buyer and seller that you have had a transaction with.

Dealings with [tavarish]

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2005, 11:23 AM

Dealings with [tavarish]

It was supposed to be a simple KS change. Turned into a hassle. These PM's will speak for themself.

My PM I've been sending to orger's :

"I've dealt with tavarish this past friday. I went to him for a KS install. Works out of a friends garage (actually garage next to a home). Didn't have the right tools, didn't have a telescopic magnet (bought one and waited for 40 minutes). Took him 3 hours. I look today and the KS isn't even bolted in. I see the shiny bottom of it just lying around under there. Tonight I got a code for a KS after clearing it. I would seriously consider not dealing with him because it's shady business. I called him to come clean with me, but he denied it. I'm just looking out for everyone else on the org, I want to be the only one to get ****ed over by some kid."

a PM from tavarish:

"No problem, tell you what, i'll drive it out to you. If you would like, I'll do the whole procedure again, but as it says in the chilton's repair manual, to take off the intake manifold, so you can see exactly what i'm doing. I'll do this free of charge, and whenever it's most appropriate for you. I believe in karma also, and I admit, at the end of the 3hrs, I wasn't exactly concerned with getting the bolt on tight, as much as I was concerned with getting the bolt on. If it fell off, like you said (you said the ks was loose, and wasnt even on the bolt), then i'll fix the situation. Just give me a time where you have more than 2 hrs to work, and i'll give you the texbook job. I'll even bring a torque wrench to torque it to spec. I'm sorry things turned out the way that they did, but I promise i'll do my best to remedy the issue."

Thanks,
-Freddy

I went to his friend's house (where the work was done) today, and found the bolt on the garage floor. Went to see Tom (njmaxseltd) at Proline and his mechanics had it bolted in for me in 30 minutes.

This is a young kid with a couple of friends who like to work on cars as a hobby, but definitely not on a business level.
Old 04-20-2005, 06:33 PM

Good looking out.