Buyer/Seller Feedback Give feedback on buyer and seller that you have had a transaction with.

Got Scammed By An Org Member

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 03:04 PM
The Bulgarian Guy

I am with the "newbie" on this one. All of you are way too harsh on him. All he did is express an opinion and he got seriously flamed just because he's new to the forum...anywho
Old 01-31-2006, 03:33 PM
It's chrome alright...

Originally Posted by maximapitko
I am with the "newbie" on this one. All of you are way too harsh on him. All he did is express an opinion and he got seriously flamed just because he's new to the forum...anywho

you mean us to believe he joined, found a post on the 2nd page of threads, and every post he's made on this forum has been in this thread and he's the only one defending BigJohnLiarface........... and he doesn't know him in some way?

If you're that naïve i have some OEM headlights to sell you
Old 01-31-2006, 03:36 PM
The Bulgarian Guy

I didn't really see where he was taking sides...anyways. "**** off" and "shut the **** up" seems a little too much but what do I care...why am I even writing this
Old 01-31-2006, 03:47 PM
I'm needing a caw

You got a problem with me?? I think this 1/2 decent admin can still ban just fine. thanks -admin-

Originally Posted by PafthyFanatic
. If you guys had any decent moderators half of this thread would of been deleted for being off topic.
Old 01-31-2006, 03:57 PM
I'm needing a caw

How about I ban you just because I just fawking feel like it?

BTW do you fish?

If your gonna ban me for that comment and not the vulgarity, which is what rule... is it 1.5? Then your not a 1/2 decent admin.
Old 01-31-2006, 04:00 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I dont mean to hijack anything. I knew what OEM was I didnt know what DEPO was.
Jay
If you guys had any decent moderators half of this thread would of been deleted for being off topic.
You are an oximoron...
Maybe I go out of hand, but you are still an idiot.
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
How about I ban you just because I just fawking feel like it?

BTW do you fish?
Old 01-31-2006, 05:04 PM
It's chrome alright...

I started talking and asking questions relating to the actual post. Then the bashing started and things got off topic. This whole thread has been blown out of proportion.
easy to say when it's not your $300, isn't it
Old 01-31-2006, 05:12 PM
SHIFT_om nom nom nom

I started talking and asking questions relating to the actual post. Then the bashing started and things got off topic. This whole thread has been blown out of proportion.

THAT'S THE SAME ****** THING THAT 89S13 SAID YESTERDAY!!!!!

DIDN'T YOU LEARN YOUR LESSON?!

Old 01-31-2006, 05:35 PM
It's chrome alright...

this is about to get interesting......... I love my wife's job

I'm going to enjoy telling BigJohnD!ckhead "I told you so"
Old 01-31-2006, 05:49 PM

It is quite obvious that I was wrong on that Lawyer statement, which you all have graciously told me. But does this line mean just seek guidence or seek some acutal law help? Im not denying that I was wrong, and all the 17yr olds will come back and make an "i told you so" post so I am expecting them. But at the same time, I am having a hard time trying to figure out who will win.
Well, I am back and can tell you who will win. ME! You ask why? Because I took law, and the CPA exam where I learned extensively about contract law. In addiition, I am surrounded by attorneys and have several as close friends, not to mention my ex, who is an attorney. I live for this type of Sh*t. I was being nice to Mr. John J. Barros, however, he just wrote me before his deadline and this is what he said:

"You knew what you were receiving when you sent the payment. I will refund your money, but not until I receive the housings back to me and check their functionality. At that point, a refund of $250 will be sent to your account via paypal. And finally, what must be done before this transpires, all the posts on maxima.org must be removed, they are verbally bashing my friend’s store and also my name. After this is done we can continue with the refund process. This is my bottom line, take it or leave it."

Guess what, I haven't wrote back yet because I am still in awe. Whose court does he think that the ball is in. John I thought that you got counseling this morning. Didn't they tell you that you don't have a leg to stand on? I can't believe your bullying me after I have been nothing but nice and more than fair to you. You just got me pissed!

Send my money and then I'll give you the lights. That's the Deal. Don't push me around, you sob, I'll bury you so deep into court costs you'll have to sell that gucci lined charriot.
Old 01-31-2006, 07:20 PM

I would advise against having your wife do anything through paypal that is against there rules....Could be looking at losing her job and a face a lawsuit. at minimum have him file a complaint and have him forward the complaint # to you or her..
Old 01-31-2006, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by 5thgenmaxima
I would advise against having your wife do anything through paypal that is against there rules....Could be looking at losing her job and a face a lawsuit. at minimum have him file a complaint and have him forward the complaint # to you or her..

I think what 5thgen was saying was that he would have his wife help me, not go to bat for me, by letting me know all my options.

Thanks for all the support from everyone. If I have to, I will go to court. This I do for everyone on the org. who has ever been ripped off. I have the time and money to make this an ordeal, and I will. I've been a little bored with the injury and could use a little vacation time back east.
Old 01-31-2006, 09:12 PM
It's chrome alright...

I would advise against having your wife do anything through paypal that is against there rules....Could be looking at losing her job and a face a lawsuit. at minimum have him file a complaint and have him forward the complaint # to you or her..:hide
My wife doesn't work for paypal so she can't *do* anything....... except tell him EXACTLY what to say when talking to the CC people... she doesn't want a complaint number, she won't ever see anything about his acct or anyone else's, she's just going to tell him the rules as Visa wrote them.

There is absolutely no way she can be sued for reading the rules and telling him what his rights are.

BigJohn is about to be such an aszhole that other people are going to get involved and ed lee's money will be refuned out from under him, and he'll probably be charged a fee for having it done.... and any smart person would be thinking right now "so ed lee gets his money *and* still has the lights... Hmm."

As the spanish say, "senor BigJohn es el fuxored"

Or he can return ed lee's money and he'll send the lights back... ball is in his court, because he has the most to lose.

PafthyFanatic, you were right about one thing, this will never get to court. Ed Lee is going to get his money back without ever having to get on a plane.
Old 02-01-2006, 03:59 AM
SHIFT_om nom nom nom

Originally Posted by Edward Lee
Send my money and then I'll give you the lights. That's the Deal. Don't push me around, you sob, I'll bury you so deep into court costs you'll have to sell that gucci lined charriot.
I LOVE IT!
Old 02-01-2006, 04:38 AM
SHIFT_om nom nom nom

I didnt see any posts from 89S13, where did that come from ?

YOU HAVE THE SAME FAWKING IP ADDRESS AS HIM!!!

Apparently you think that the .org is a bunch of 'idiot-tuner-n00bs'.

How about getting your "Mommy-and-daddy-trust-funds-allow-me-to-rice-out-an-otherwise-nice-car" a'ss the hell out of here? That's TWICE I've called you out.

So you have now shown this ENTIRE boards that:
-BigJohn is a scammer
-BigJohn has one of his "boys" try and join to defend him (89s13 - you)
-You felt the need to join again, and lie about it

We now have 2 concrete examples of TeAmHyP3r1mP0rtz, y0!!!! members as being nothing but total sleazebag liars.
Old 02-01-2006, 05:11 AM
SHIFT_om nom nom nom

HAAAAAA!!!!!!

PWN3D AGAIN!!!!!

SEE YA LATER, RICER!!!!!!!
Old 02-01-2006, 06:20 AM
It's chrome alright...

I do not know "bigjohn" nor do I care to.
Again I DO NOT know ed, john or hyper imports. You guys can think whatever it is that you want.
I came back on to defend john. The kid is my boy and I will suck his d!ck whenever he asks. I love taking it azz-to-mouth from him......
well, that was easy to figure out.......... ed's going to get his money back and I'm going to LAAUUUGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

You and BigD!ck are going to get
Old 02-01-2006, 06:22 AM
It's chrome alright...

Oh, and

Hyper Imports Store
854 Dexter St, Central Falls, Rhode Island
Phone: 401.728.6779 Fax 401.728.8610

Anyone want to take a ride to RI?
Old 02-01-2006, 10:04 AM
Old Fuddy Duddy

No, but I will be sure to spread the horrible "reps" that they have on my MR2 board (host over 30K members of varying levels). Forums, dont screw with em.

Does Sprinty have a rule about linking to threads?
Old 02-01-2006, 10:48 AM
Bit$hPlease

I am gay and banned. Weee oooo!

Old 02-01-2006, 10:55 AM
I'm needing a caw

It's so odd. Everone supporting hYpErZ iMpOrTz all say "no big deal" but they all keep coming back to chime in their worthless 2 cents. If it ain't no big deal, then leave this thread alone. Clearly someone is worked up.
Old 02-01-2006, 11:50 AM
It's chrome alright...

Originally Posted by Jeff92se
It's so odd. Everone supporting hYpErZ iMpOrTz all say "no big deal" but they all keep coming back to chime in their worthless 2 cents. If it ain't no big deal, then leave this thread alone. Clearly someone is worked up.
I / my wife PMed ed.

He'll be ok, but bigjohn won't

ed, I just thought of something...did you paypal the money directly to john or was hyper imports involved *in*any*way* with the transaction? Let me know.
Old 02-01-2006, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by 2k2kev
I / my wife PMed ed.

He'll be ok, but bigjohn won't

ed, I just thought of something...did you paypal the money directly to john or was hyper imports involved *in*any*way* with the transaction? Let me know.

I sent the money via paypal drectly to John Barros. I realize that I will be getting my money back one way or another. However, I just received an email from Hyperimports and they are very sad about the situation. Realizing that it is not their fault I told the CEO that I would post his email to me and my reply to him to help clear Hyperimports name. I think that John Barros is no longer going to be associated with Hyperimports. Now we are getting somewhere.

This is what I received from hyperimports:

Hyperimportz@aol.com wrote:
CEO Carlos Angel
Hyper Imports
854 Dexter Street
Central Falls, RI 02863
Tel: 401-728-6779
Fax: 401-728-8610

Dear Maxima.org member, (Edward lee)
The reason I am writing you this letter is that has been brought to my attention that there has been some slandering of my company. The only reason I am sending you this email is because we feel that my company has been mis-represented by this member. My company has stores through out the U.S. . Member Big john represented a New England chapter. I am familiar with this person. This person is neither employed by our company or is he in anyway part of our company. Team Hyper is something that is started by a community of Patrons. We surely do promote the Team by Attending meetings and helping in anyway we can as long as its not holding us to any Legalities. Due to the threats being posted and the extensive remarks being left, my company is being Slandered. The member is as of today banned from our stores due to legal issues being brought up to him for mis-representation. He has decimating our character and company online. From my understanding you purchased something from Big John and were not pleased with the item. We do stand by our products and our work. We ask that you contact member Big John only by email due to legalities which are being brought to him. We wish not involve unnecessary people. Greatly appreciated Carlos. If you feel like there is anything you need to add or request please feel free to email back. Thank you for you time Carlos Angel.

This was my reply:

Dear Carlos,

I am so sorry about all the bad press that your company has recived on Maxima.org. When I originally made the deal with John Barros, he gave the impression that he worked for your company. I realize that the sale between John Barros and I was just that, a sale between John and I, and that Hyperimports had nothing to do with the deal in any way shape or form. However, in defense of everyone on the org., John Barros does advertise your company in his Maxima.org signature. Furthermore, when asked if he would sell an aftermarket H3 HID kit for my car, his reply was yes, we sell anything that you need. This lead me, and now the entire maxima.org site, to believe that he is indeed either an employee of the company or something higher (i.e. vice president, president, owner). John did nothing to dissuade me into thinking anything different and it was only after the sale went bad did I learn of the truth.

My apologies for all the grief that this has caused you. I will post both your email to me and my reply to you to hopefully clear it up with the other members of the org. YOU HAVE TO HAVE JOHN DELETE YOUR LOGO FROM HIS SIGNATURE ON THE ORG.

Sincerely,

Edward Lee
Old 02-01-2006, 03:39 PM

Alright, Wells Fargo denied payment to paypal. So as of now, no cash has left my pocket. Paypal can't go and take the money from my credit card and they told me that I have about four months before the account will go to collections.

The Paypal rep told me that this will give me more than enough time to get this guy. Then he sent me this:

Dear Edward Lee,

Thank you for contacting PayPal.

While the vast majority of online transactions are completed without
complication, fraudulent activity can occur. If you feel that you have
become a victim of Internet Fraud, there is help available.

If you decide to file a police report, please have the investigating
officer or agent contact us at 1- 408-967-9919 (US), between the hours
of 6
A.M. and 12:00 midnight, Central Standard Time (CST), 7 days a week.
This
number will provide specific details as to where they can send a
subpoena(s). We cooperate with Law-Enforcement and Federal agencies at
all
times, in all matters.

Below is a list of official government web resources to help you report
and
learn about Internet Fraud.

Internet Fraud Complaint Center - http://www.ic3.gov
National Fraud Information Center - http://www.fraud.org

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us
again.

Sincerely,
Raf
PayPal Resolution Services
PayPal, an eBay Company

I am on my way to the department to file a police report. I'll be back soon. Since John sent the lights via United Stated Postal Service, he opened himself up to Federal charges as well. I am also going to swing by the post office to see what else can be done.

John where are you?
Old 02-01-2006, 08:52 PM
SHIFT_om nom nom nom

Originally Posted by Edward Lee
Due to the threats being posted and the extensive remarks being left, my company is being Slandered. The member is as of today banned from our stores due to legal issues being brought up to him for mis-representation.
WINNAR!!!!!

Congrats, Ed!!! So you now have the headlights AND the money...AND John is having his life torn apart for being a shady b!tch. Great thread, this is a great example of how we can all defend ourselves from this kind of shady BS.

It's a real shame that John has put himself in this situation over some $250 headlights.

...what's even more pathetic is that he could have easily gotten $200 from another member if he just put them back up for sale anyway!
Old 02-01-2006, 09:08 PM

Great job..Glad it wasn't chalked up as a loss...Love to see an ending like this.......Action speaks louder than words, so I'm wondering how long his car will still be posted on hyperlinks site http://www.hyperimports.com/gallery/PROJECT-CARS.....
Anyway, Glad to see the issue is being taken care of.....WTG Ed.
Old 02-02-2006, 06:43 AM
Old Fuddy Duddy

Action speaks louder than words, so I'm wondering how long his car will still be posted on hyperlinks site http://www.hyperimports.com/gallery/PROJECT-CARS.....
This is an accurate statement. Companies are only as good as the "company" they keep. I do believe Carlos made the correct decision. I will be one to see if it is followed through to the end. The end being removal of privlidges such as showing your car on the company website.

It is a shame that companies have to deal with schlubs like this.
Old 02-02-2006, 08:37 AM

Anyone want to start a photochop thread??

Old 02-02-2006, 09:23 AM
VK56 Inside

Originally Posted by upstatemax
Anyone want to start a photochop thread??

This isnt the right area for that kind of request. Take it to OT.
Old 02-02-2006, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by Dubbya
This isnt the right area for that kind of request. Take it to OT.

Will do...
Old 02-02-2006, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by PandaXpress
Ok im sorry but this should be dealt with in a manner approached by Metal Maxima.

First of all, John you misrepresented your item in several ways, took someone else's money (who put his trust in your word), and still act as if you're some kind of victim here. I dont give a $hit what anybody says about your car or your business, but believe me doing something like this to fellow orger would obviously bring about bad attitutdes toward anything that you represent.

Second, Edward obviously he is VERY iopposed to giving you a refund, if he hasent already done so. I suggest you go about this systematically: first file a paypal complaint then wait to see the verdict. If you recieve some kind of compensation then great, yet you always can deal with what John dishonorably sent you with this thread http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=443410 (its one explaining on how to get rid fo scratches on the lens). Next leave him negative feedback on the org, get other people to send negative feedback about him, and his shady dealings, to www.hyperimports.com because if he is one to trick people into buying misrepresented equipment, whats to stop his company from doing the same? He IS the TEAM CAPTIAN so he leads and everyone follows.

In the end, we will see who pulls out better. John or you. Just my .02 cents. I hope this helps and goodluck.
So, what you endorse are ways to hammer and defame BigJohn for disappointing someone, but not offering any way for the buyer to get the same treatment because he doesn't pay attention to detail.
Old 02-02-2006, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by pikers
So, what you endorse are ways to hammer and defame BigJohn for disappointing someone, but not offering any way for the buyer to get the same treatment because he doesn't pay attention to detail.

Give it a shot!
Old 02-04-2006, 08:31 PM
Im izz sexay

This was a good read.
Old 02-04-2006, 11:31 PM
SHIFT_om nom nom nom

Originally Posted by pikers
F-ing lame, dude. You officially rank yourself as a thouroughbred for attempting to defend BigJohn. Furthermore, a good deal of the original thread content has been deleted since you chimed in/
Old 02-05-2006, 07:41 PM

John J. Barros
455 Pleasant Street
Pawtucket, RI. 02860
(401)723-5354
Old 02-05-2006, 08:13 PM
F---ing Kangaroos

BigJohn
Maxima Enthusiast
Last Activity: Today 09:40 PM

I guess he doesn't have much to say anymore
Old 02-07-2006, 02:59 PM

delete......
Old 02-07-2006, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by carlos @ hyperimports

Hyperimportz@aol.com wrote:
CEO Carlos Angel
Hyper Imports
854 Dexter Street
Central Falls, RI 02863
Tel: 401-728-6779
Fax: 401-728-8610

Dear Maxima.org member, (Edward lee)
The reason I am writing you this letter is that has been brought to my attention that there has been some slandering of my company. The only reason I am sending you this email is because we feel that my company has been mis-represented by this member. My company has stores through out the U.S. . Member Big john represented a New England chapter. I am familiar with this person. This person is neither employed by our company or is he in anyway part of our company. Team Hyper is something that is started by a community of Patrons. We surely do promote the Team by Attending meetings and helping in anyway we can as long as its not holding us to any Legalities. Due to the threats being posted and the extensive remarks being left, my company is being Slandered. The member is as of today banned from our stores due to legal issues being brought up to him for mis-representation. He has decimating our character and company online. From my understanding you purchased something from Big John and were not pleased with the item. We do stand by our products and our work. We ask that you contact member Big John only by email due to legalities which are being brought to him. We wish not involve unnecessary people. Greatly appreciated Carlos. If you feel like there is anything you need to add or request please feel free to email back. Thank you for you time Carlos Angel.
Hey edward lee. What time did he e-mail this to you???
I'm just curious because look what I found.
@ hyperimports.com forum
This dude can't spell either...lol
Originally Posted by BigJohn @ hyperimports
Posted Feb 1 @ 4:05 P.M.
this is a new service that hyper improts is providing any questions or to make an appoint just call 728-6779 and ask for gustavo or just ask to make an appointment for the car detailing
Funny thing is that he told you that he wasn't part of the company, clearly here on www.hyperimports.com he is giving out their phone # and promotions....
http://www.hyperimports.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=13

Neither one of them can spell correctly.
Old 02-07-2006, 05:12 PM

Old 02-07-2006, 05:33 PM

Quick Reply: Got Scammed By An Org Member