Buyer/Seller Feedback Give feedback on buyer and seller that you have had a transaction with.

Got Scammed By An Org Member

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2006, 02:47 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Got Scammed By An Org Member

Well, his name is BIGJOHN and he had for sale a set of OEM 2002 HID HOUSINGS listed in the "parts for sale section". What I received was a set of DEPO housings. Here is a link to the original thread:

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=451808

In additon to lying about the OEM status of the housings he lied about the condition of the lights for there are dried water droplets on the inside of the housings and some additional scuffs that he somehow failed to mention. No problem if you want to split them to install some rings or clear the turn lenes, but issues like these should be disclosed.
Old 01-30-2006, 02:48 PM
Mass_Media™

http://forums.maxima.org/forumdisplay.php?f=72

Old 01-30-2006, 02:50 PM
SHIFT_om nom nom nom

You willing to sell them to me?
Old 01-30-2006, 02:56 PM

Yes, I paid him $250.00 plus $40 for shipping and gave him an extra $5 to cover his paypal fee. I would like to get $295.oo for the set shipped USPS FIRST CLASS.

I realize that he was selling for $200 but offered him the extra $50 to get the purchase seeing as i was supposed to be getting OEM product. Well, i didn't get it and am pissed at myself for it.

Pics on their way!
Old 01-30-2006, 02:59 PM

thanks.......
Old 01-30-2006, 03:00 PM
Mass_Media™

There is a forum for this!!!
Old 01-30-2006, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by BigJohn
Listen, I sent you numerous pictures of the housings (front, back, sides, all angles). You saw exactly what you were paying for and recieving. Nothing more, nothing less. Those housings were in great condition, and I stated that they were used. As far as depo or oem, I did not know there was a difference. All I know is that they came off a 2002 maxima.......................................I tried to offer them to an org. member to be a nice guy, and I get screwed... Don't bash my name, I didn't bash yours!!!
If someone says OEM, I think they are OEM, not depo. That is pretty shady. From the way the thread is you KNEW they weren't OEM.
Old 01-30-2006, 03:05 PM
Play with my balls

Originally Posted by Mass_Media
There is a forum for this!!!
Yeah but who the hell actually takes the time to make use of the whole forum correctly much less the search.
Old 01-30-2006, 03:07 PM
Mass_Media™

Originally Posted by Deckdout2
Yeah but who the hell actually takes the time to make use of the whole forum correctly much less the search.
True People need to learn to post in the right sections
Old 01-30-2006, 03:09 PM
Play with my balls

Originally Posted by Mass_Media
True People need to learn to post in the right sections
And if you jip someone, it will be heard on the org.
Old 01-30-2006, 03:10 PM
retired moderator

"I am looking to sell a set of OEM Nissan 2002-2003 Maxima Headlight Housings. The H.I.D's are not included. These are practically brand new, Almost no signs of wear"

OEM stated = OEM nissan housings

"practically brand new" = infers they are in "like new condition"

"almost no signs of wear" = no such thing. There are either signs of wear, or there aren't. You should have said "some signs of wear"

I don't think I'd call BigJohn a "scammer" but the language he used is kind of non-descriptive, kind of like a used car dealer saying "this car has 50,000 miles, all highway, and was driven by a grandmother who never abused it"
Old 01-30-2006, 03:12 PM
Play with my balls

Originally Posted by irish44j
"I am looking to sell a set of OEM Nissan 2002-2003 Maxima Headlight Housings. The H.I.D's are not included. These are practically brand new, Almost no signs of wear"

OEM stated = OEM nissan housings

"practically brand new" = infers they are in "like new condition"

"almost no signs of wear" = no such thing. There are either signs of wear, or there aren't. You should have said "some signs of wear"

I don't think I'd call BigJohn a "scammer" but the language he used is kind of non-descriptive, kind of like a used car dealer saying "this car has 50,000 miles, all highway, and was driven by a grandmother who never abused it"
Posted pictures in the initial post would probably have avoided all of this.
Old 01-30-2006, 03:15 PM

I sent him pics at every angle before we closed the deal. He knew what he was getting. Now that i know what a depo housing is, i checked the pics i sent him, and in the pics, the word depo is in plain sight...
Old 01-30-2006, 03:15 PM
SHIFT_om nom nom nom

Originally Posted by Deckdout2
Posted pictures in the initial post would probably have avoided all of this.
Jon claims to have sent the guy pictures of the headlights, so he was full well aware of the condition.
Old 01-30-2006, 03:17 PM
SHIFT_om nom nom nom

And John, advertisments such as that listed in your sig in highly verboten here, I suggest you change it.
Old 01-30-2006, 03:24 PM
Play with my balls

Originally Posted by Metal Maxima
Jon claims to have sent the guy pictures of the headlights, so he was full well aware of the condition.
I read that part, I was just saying that if the pictures were posted on the org for everyone else to see it. I'm pretty sure someone else would have pointed out that they were not true oem. That was all I meant by that post.

If this is the case then the negligence is to be pointed towards both parties. One for not clearly describing the product or using correct verbage, and the other for not studying the product that they were spending almost 300.00 bucks for. I would have put it in an image editor and looked over every square inch for that much money.

The argument was also not regarding the condition of the lights. It's over a claim of a product to be something that it really isn't. Happy Easta!!
Old 01-30-2006, 03:37 PM
Hoooper

pictures never do a product the true view, i think that pictures of headlights would really not look the same because of glare/weather/headlightness of them. i know when i took pictures of the bumper i was selling it didnt look quite right, looked like there were fat gouges in the side skirts too. can never be sure from pictures, always have to take the person's word on it to some extent.

Old 01-30-2006, 03:41 PM
Play with my balls

Originally Posted by Hoooper
pictures never do a product the true view, i think that pictures of headlights would really not look the same because of glare/weather/headlightness of them. i know when i took pictures of the bumper i was selling it didnt look quite right, looked like there were fat gouges in the side skirts too. can never be sure from pictures, always have to take the person's word on it to some extent.
There's really not much else to go on unless you are local. You could send the product and hope you get the money, but I'm not sure that would go too well.
Old 01-30-2006, 03:51 PM

Very true, the pics do not show the scuffs nor did john disclose that the lights have dried water droplets on the inside. He disclosed one scuff, when in fact there were several. It's nothing that can't be cured by splitting open the lights for the water droplets and wet sanding the lens, however, there are three deeper small scratches that look like they may not come out. whatever the case is, I deserve a refund from this shady seller.

John if you were a standup guy, you would return my money to me. I would even cover the shipping that I paid, just like they do it in the real world. Besides, someone who goes to the lengths that you seem to to be up on what's new in the tuner world, like your about us section says, should and probably did know the difference between the two.

John, this section was taken from your about us section:

HYPER IMPORTS TAKES THE LIFESTYLE TO A WHOLE NEW LEVEL BY CUSTOMIZING AND HELPING CREATE IDEAS FOR THE NEXT GENERATION. BY KEEPING OUR STAFF ON POINT WITH ALL INFORMATION ON NEW PRODUCT LINES AND ACCOUNTS WE CAN ACCESS ALL PARTS AROUND THE WORLD.
Old 01-30-2006, 03:53 PM
SHIFT_om nom nom nom

Originally Posted by Edward Lee
John if you were a standup guy, you would return my money to me. I would even cover the shipping that I paid, just like they do it in the real world. Besides, someone who goes to the lengths that you seem to to be up on what's new in the tuner world, like your about us section says, should and probably did know the difference between the two.
I will agree with this.

John, while you may have provided pictures, you obviously have a dissapointed customer. He has offered MORE than a generous trade. While I agree EL is at fault for not inspecting the lenses, you have not made it expressedly clear that he is not entitled to a refund.

Do the stand-up thing...
Old 01-30-2006, 03:57 PM

Since the item was improperly advertised, why not just do a refund?

Unless www.hyperimports.com doesn't stand behind their product.

Beat me to it..Took me a few minutes to submit...away from computer.....But yea, he's being more than generous....Refund the guy his money....He's EVEN willing to pay 100% of the overhead costs.
Old 01-30-2006, 03:59 PM

ok, don't start bashing the store, I am the team captain. The purchase was from me, not them
Old 01-30-2006, 04:00 PM
SHIFT_om nom nom nom

ok, don't start bashing the store, I am the team captain. The purchase was from me, not them

All the more damaging to the credibility and integrity of the team.

Do the right thing...
Old 01-30-2006, 04:01 PM

i'll deal with him on a 1 on 1 basis
Old 01-30-2006, 04:04 PM

Couldn't help it the banner is larger than all sponsors at the top of the page put together.

subscribing
Old 01-30-2006, 04:06 PM

I will agree with this.

John, while you may have provided pictures, you obviously have a dissapointed customer. He has offered MORE than a generous trade. While I agree EL is at fault for not inspecting the lenses, you have not made it expressedly clear that he is not entitled to a refund.

Do the stand-up thing...
In my defense, I got a finger chopped off last month. Just had surgery last week and been on pain killers for the past several weeks. I guess I was caught up in the excitement of a new headlamp project while sitting at home healing. Yes, I should have seen the depo stamp on the lens but was distracted by the trying to see the scuff in the picture. When BIGJOHN said that they were OEM, I took his word on it and therefore a DEPO stamp wasn't something that I was looking for. Yes, I made a mistake and yes John used false and misrepresenting advertising to sell his product.

John correct the situation. Paypal me the $250.00, keep the 40 shipping and the extra $5 that I tossed in to cover your paypal fee. I will then return the lights to you C.O.D., or you could summon for a pick-up from my residence.

I did not bash your store. All that I said was not to shop there. I bashed you after you refused to refund me my money. Give me my money back and everyone will know that you are a stand-up guy. What the hell, I'll even pay for the return postage.
Old 01-30-2006, 04:08 PM

so we are both at fault, correct, and like I said hours ago, I never offered a refund.
Old 01-30-2006, 04:09 PM
SHIFT_om nom nom nom

In my defense, I got a finger chopped off last month. Just had surgery last week and been on pain killers for the past several weeks. I guess I was caught up in the excitement of a new headlamp project while sitting at home healing. Yes, I should have seen the depo stamp on the lens but was distracted by the trying to see the scuff in the picture. When BIGJOHN said that they were OEM, I took his word on it and therefore a DEPO stamp wasn't something that I was looking for. Yes, I made a mistake and yes John used false and misrepresenting advertising to sell his product.
Ed, if he is going to deal with you 1-on-1, please delete this thread, or ask a mod move it to the correct forum. It does not look good for the .org if the hottest thread in the 5th gen forum is 'I got scammed'
Old 01-30-2006, 04:10 PM
SHIFT_om nom nom nom

so we are both at fault, correct, and like I said hours ago, I never offered a refund.
But you should.
Old 01-30-2006, 04:10 PM

Ok im sorry but this should be dealt with in a manner approached by Metal Maxima.

First of all, John you misrepresented your item in several ways, took someone else's money (who put his trust in your word), and still act as if you're some kind of victim here. I dont give a $hit what anybody says about your car or your business, but believe me doing something like this to fellow orger would obviously bring about bad attitutdes toward anything that you represent.

Second, Edward obviously he is VERY iopposed to giving you a refund, if he hasent already done so. I suggest you go about this systematically: first file a paypal complaint then wait to see the verdict. If you recieve some kind of compensation then great, yet you always can deal with what John dishonorably sent you with this thread http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=443410 (its one explaining on how to get rid fo scratches on the lens). Next leave him negative feedback on the org, get other people to send negative feedback about him, and his shady dealings, to www.hyperimports.com because if he is one to trick people into buying misrepresented equipment, whats to stop his company from doing the same? He IS the TEAM CAPTIAN so he leads and everyone follows.

In the end, we will see who pulls out better. John or you. Just my .02 cents. I hope this helps and goodluck.
Old 01-30-2006, 04:14 PM

Grow up and learn to respect other peoples rides. Its kids like you that ruin this sport.
Check all of your previous posts....Especially your first one...90% of them have to do with selling products and you offer no advice to anyone anywhere..Except to buying/selling stuff.....It's people like you who ruin the forum..ok..I'm not contributing...Im out...
Old 01-30-2006, 04:27 PM

Ed, if he is going to deal with you 1-on-1, please delete this thread, or ask a mod move it to the correct forum. It does not look good for the .org if the hottest thread in the 5th gen forum is 'I got scammed'

If I started it in the correct forum no one would have seen it. I will retitle it and move on. Thanks for the advice. Never really had to complain before.

I believe that John already had his chance to make it right but decided against it in his email to me, refusing to refund my money. My only other alternative is to relist the lights and inform everyone I can about the bad transaction.

As far a correcting the problems with the dried water on the inside of the housings and the scratches, I realize they can be corrected. However, correct the fact that they didn't come from Nissan.

About dealing with him 1 on 1. He had his chance at the 1 on 1. I haven't received any email from him proposing some sort of settlement. I have proposed several in this thread and to no avail. Besides, when two parties have a dispute, they go to court. In that courtroom is an audience who watches the trial. The trial isn't private, anyone can watch. This is no different, IMO. He has time to post but not to email me.
Old 01-30-2006, 04:33 PM

I believe that John already had his chance to make it right but decided against it in his email to me, refusing to refund my money. My only other alternative is to relist the lights and inform everyone I can about the bad transaction.
Don't cut yourself short and don't delete the thread...At least have it moved or somehow other wise saved incase it doesnt work out, you will have a reference thread saying we would work it out and his posts also shows his character
Good luck...Keep us updated. (Watching closely)...

BTW: do you know what I do to scammers??

http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=608180
I also checked his guest book and web searched for anyone who sponsored him and contacted all of them.
You know who he represents, if you have to do the same thing to get your refund then so be it...Hell you offered to pay all overhead costs...That's pretty fair to me...
Old 01-30-2006, 04:36 PM
Hoooper

im pretty sure that you can file a complaint with your credit card holder and claim that you never recieved this product or that you never made this payment, then if he wants he can take your deal, otherwise he can say goodbye to his headlights and money.

Old 01-30-2006, 04:43 PM

Again, i never scammed him, i didn't know about the difference between depo and oem. But i did send pics, very thorough pics
Old 01-30-2006, 04:44 PM
Got Penguin?

As far as I can see Edward is making every attempt for a positive win-win situation. And from what I can see that John is making an attempt to block that from happening... EL keep up updated...
Old 01-30-2006, 04:45 PM

im pretty sure that you can file a complaint with your credit card holder and claim that you never recieved this product or that you never made this payment, then if he wants he can take your deal, otherwise he can say goodbye to his headlights and money.

Can't do that, Payapal! I don't think that they protect any purchase outside of Ebay.
Old 01-30-2006, 04:53 PM

Again, i never scammed him, i didn't know about the difference between depo and oem. But i did send pics, very thorough pics

Yea, that's why in your original post you made sure to make the OEMwording the largest thing in the thread, except for, of course, your ad, I mean sig.

John, just give the money back and be a stand-up guy. Everyone makes mistakes. Yours was that you sold it to someone who doesn't liked being scammed and who is looking for OEM lights. Come on, you have until tomorrow night to refund $250.00 to my paypal account. I will then ship the lights back to you at my expense.

BESIDES, YOU ALSO TOOK 40.00 FOR SHIPPING and when I got the package, the postage was only $26.00. You even lied there when you told me the price for S/H from your zip to mine was $40.00. After it's all said and done, you will have made $14.00 and I will have spent $40 + $5 + return shipping. Go figure!
Old 01-30-2006, 04:55 PM

You not having enough knowledge of the item is NOT EL's fault. If you went to the store and told someone to get you cambells soup but they got the store brand instead, the same exact thing just with a different label, and didn't know till you got home, is that your fault? no it isn't. It's the stores fault and the store would be responsible. I know its a pretty dumb comparison but its the same point.

You sold something you obviously didn't know about and made a false claim about it. No one is bashing you for not knowing the difference. But since these are NOT what YOU said they were, he deserves his money back seeing as how he paid for a OEM item and got a knockoff.
Old 01-30-2006, 05:11 PM

why don't you guys just post pics of the headlights and let us be the judge?

just my $0.02

Quick Reply: Got Scammed By An Org Member