Buyer/Seller Feedback Give feedback on buyer and seller that you have had a transaction with.

Stay away from Maxima112!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2006, 10:03 AM

Stay away from Maxima112!!!

I bought a pair of 8000K D2R headlight bulbs from Maxima112 for $67. He shipped them using UPS and provided me with a tracking number; I had no complaints. Then the package arrived and upon opening the box, I found that the bulbs were broken and unusable.

Here are pictures of what I received:

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...5-21-06003.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...5-21-06002.jpg

Needless to say, I wasn't happy that my $67 got me broken headlight bulbs. Maxima112 claims that he is not at fault and neither is the shipping company (UPS) and that somehow the broken bulbs are MY fault.

Now here's what I've heard from Maxima112:

5/19 - "can you send me the tracking number? also pics. ill talk to UPS when i get these."

5/19 - "ill have to ask next week im far too busy this weekend. i deliver a lot with them so ill talk to them." (in response to me asking if UPS would cover the damage)

5/22 - "im going to look at the pictures first, i didnt send you broken blubs on purpose. Do not start blaming things on my end, i will talk to the shipping company, as i said once i get the pictures and figure out what to do." (this is after me being frustrated. also, i sent him the pictures of the bulbs on 5/22.)

5/24 - "i've been waiting on your pictures of the bulbs and box and everything for like 5 days. did you ever send those to me??" (this is now 2 days after I sent him the pictures.)

5/24 - "ill need a picture of the box as proff of mishandling on the shippers part. they aren't going to do anything with pictures of broken bulbs. Thanks. I'll go to them as soon as I get the pictures." (yet again, this is 2 days after i sent him the pictures. I sent him pictures of the bulbs again on 5/24. The box was in perfect condition, so I didn't take a picture of it.)

5/25 - "If the box is in perfect condition how the hell the bulbs get broken...it is NOT adding up. I'm not accusing anyone or placing blame, but you are not very helpful with pictures and evidence of the shippers fault. I sent working bulbs, if they didn't get their in the same condition, I'm willing to take half the blame cause I'm not sure if the shipper broke them or they were mishandled on your end. As a result I can only offer half of your refund because as you stated, the box is in perfect condition. If you sent me pictures of the box being all torn up and broken, I would have given a full refund. I'm sure you'd do the same. In addition no insurance was purchased, once it is out of my hands it is not my responsibility, but I would have dealt with it for you if your communication was more pleasant. Give all the negative feedback you want, it'll will only make my generosity decline. have a nice day." (a true gentleman. first of all, insurance was NEVER offered to me. I picked up the bulbs from my mailroom at college, heard things rattling around in side, immediately opened the box, and found the bulbs broken; there was no way I broke them. So I'm supposed to only take half a refund because the box didn't get ripped? It doesn't make sense.)

All in all, I have two broken 8000K bulbs and I'm out $67. Just a warning to everyone on here - STAY AWAY FROM MAXIMA112!!!!
Old 05-25-2006, 10:43 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

If he shipped them using UPS it was insured. I ship packages daily using UPS. Every package is insured for up to $100 without even requesting it.

You need to contact UPS. How did you pay? Did you get some kind of receipt? Still have the tracking number? Get it all together and contact UPS.
Old 05-26-2006, 09:31 AM

I paid through PayPal. I have no receipt other than the PayPal print out page that says I paid. I do still have the tracking number.

Maxima112 issued me a 50% refund. I may go to UPS to try to track down the rest. We'll see.
Old 05-26-2006, 09:56 AM

well not for nothing but it really cant be his fault unless he intentionally placed the broken bulbs inside the box which i doubt he would do. mail rooms at colleges are not really that great with handling anything. students doing work study often work there and prob could give 2 ***** about anything that comes in. all and all its not his fault or yours, it got damaged during the shipping process, it happens all the time
Old 05-27-2006, 07:53 AM
lee

never buy any used HID or expensive bulbs online.
Old 05-27-2006, 04:03 PM

if the bulbs were packaged properly, and the bulbs werent broken when originally shipped, the bulbs should still be good, whether the box got thrown around or not. so if the box looks good, then it either wasnt packaged well, or he shipped them out bad.