Dealership and Vendor Experiences Let other Maxima owners, or potential Maxima owners, which dealerships and shops you've had good or bad luck with.

Team Sunrise is a SCAM!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2002, 08:29 PM

Team Sunrise is a SCAM!!!

I would like to say that Team Sunrise (www.team-sunrise.com) is a scam! I ordered a Weapon R midpipe because "Timby01" from the .org told me that he knew this guy and that he also got his midpipe for his 2k2 from him with no problems. At this point I am even questioning how ligitimate "Timby01" is and if he's in on this @ssholes scam. I sent Team Sunrise $70US over a month ago by paypal, once the payment was sent, that was the last I heard from him. He doesn't answer his phone, nothing.

Timby01 assured me he would try to help me out but now he isn't even replying to my emails. This really ****es me off because if Timby01 really knows this guy and he even has a picture of his 2k2 Maxima on Team Sunrise's site, why wouldn't he try and do something about this? I've been hearing from others on the .org that they have sent Team Sunrise money for an intake, received the wrong intake in the mail, sent it back and received nothing.

If anyone can think of anything I can do to get my money or intake back please tell me. I doubt paypal will do anything since its been so long. As for me buying anything else through maxima.org, I highly doubt I ever will because this forum is full of @ssholes who want to ruin things for everyone.

The guys name is "Fabio Gambino" and his username is "TeamSunriseMax" on the .org. I think he should he banned from this forum so that nobody else will get ripped off by him.

Nathan
Old 07-25-2002, 08:40 PM

somehow i wouldnt trust a business that uses a crappy free web host like tripod.
Old 07-25-2002, 08:41 PM
Mod her. Ate her.

what state is he in? what is his last known phone number? I can try to track him @ work tomorrow. Email me if you want, or post it here...
Old 07-25-2002, 09:23 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

How long ago did you order it? If it was less than 30 days file a complaint with Paypal. Unless he can show them a tracking number you will get your money back.
Old 07-25-2002, 09:29 PM

Originally posted by phenryiv1
what state is he in? what is his last known phone number? I can try to track him @ work tomorrow. Email me if you want, or post it here...
Well his name is Fabio Gambino and his phone number is: 718 281 3202
His so called business is located in NY, not exactly sure where. If you can find anything out it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Nathan
Old 07-25-2002, 09:44 PM
mb1

THANK YOU!!!!

Now finaly the truth comes out. If you would have done a search on them on the .org, you would have seen the problems I had with them. I first wanted to start a GD with them, but after all the crap they put me with my intake, I said screw them, and I warned all the org members who wanted to do buisness with them. I guess I'm kind of responsble for them being on the org in the first place.

STAY AWAY FROM TEAMSUNRISE.COM
Old 07-25-2002, 09:49 PM
Mod her. Ate her.

Originally posted by Nathan

Well his name is Fabio Gambino and his phone number is: 718 281 3202
His so called business is located in NY, not exactly sure where. If you can find anything out it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Nathan
That phone number is registered to:
Animucki, Iwo A
58 -68 246 Cres
DOUGLASTON, NY 11362

I could find no records for a Fabio Gambino anywhere in NY.

What was his email addy and/or paypal information?
Old 07-25-2002, 09:59 PM
mb1

This is his website info:

Registrant:
Iwo Animucki
58-68 246th crescent
douglaston, ny 11362
US

Domain: TEAM-SUNRISE.COM
Registrar: DomainBank.com

Administrative Contact:
animucki, iwo teamsunrise1@aol.com
58-68 246th crescent
douglaston , ny 11362
US
(PHONE)7182813202

Technical Contact:
58-68 246th crescent
douglaston , ny 11362
US
(PHONE)7182813202

Zone Contact:
58-68 246th crescent
douglaston , ny 11362
US
(PHONE)7182813202

So I'm guessing it's one guy, sitting in his house scamming people.
Old 07-25-2002, 10:06 PM

Originally posted by mb1
This is his website info:

Registrant:
Iwo Animucki
58-68 246th crescent
douglaston, ny 11362
US

Domain: TEAM-SUNRISE.COM
Registrar: DomainBank.com

Administrative Contact:
58-68 246th crescent
douglaston , ny 11362
US
(PHONE)7182813202

Technical Contact:
58-68 246th crescent
douglaston , ny 11362
US
(PHONE)7182813202

Zone Contact:
58-68 246th crescent
douglaston , ny 11362
US
(PHONE)7182813202

So I'm guessing it's one guy, sitting in his house scamming people.
how did u get that info
Old 07-25-2002, 11:18 PM

I guess people who live around there should go and check out if this is a real person who live there and trying to scam people..
Old 07-25-2002, 11:28 PM

he ripped off my buddy too! what an a-hole! im definitely pointing him to this thread...
Old 07-25-2002, 11:47 PM

i know exactly where that is, but im currently in FL now... its literally 5 minutes from my house. id advise a link in the NE forum to have some Queens boys check it out.
Old 07-26-2002, 12:20 AM
Turtle turtle... Moderator

Originally posted by black019
he ripped off my buddy too! what an a-hole! im definitely pointing him to this thread...
Eddie, didnt Dan get scammed by this guy when he picked up his intake??
Old 07-26-2002, 12:42 AM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

I don't know about that place. Never did business with them.

However, Timby is a legit guy, I don't know him close but I've met him at some maxima meets locally and there are many others on the org who have as well. Just thought I'd say that..

Hope you get your intake or your $ back, man. This is really terrible that we got so many scammers and *******s who basically steal your $ and waste your time, hope teamsunrise isn't one of them.
Old 07-26-2002, 02:12 AM

if it really IS a scam, and they've ripped some of you off, i'd consider going so far as filing a police report or something to that extent... that sucks man... email paypal bout it... and hopefully you can at least get your money back
people like that suck
Old 07-26-2002, 05:15 AM

Re: Team Sunrise is a SCAM!!!

Originally posted by Nathan
I would like to say that Team Sunrise (www.team-sunrise.com) is a scam! I ordered a Weapon R midpipe because "Timby01" from the .org told me that he knew this guy and that he also got his midpipe for his 2k2 from him with no problems. At this point I am even questioning how ligitimate "Timby01" is and if he's in on this @ssholes scam. I sent Team Sunrise $70US over a month ago by paypal, once the payment was sent, that was the last I heard from him. He doesn't answer his phone, nothing.

Timby01 assured me he would try to help me out but now he isn't even replying to my emails. This really ****es me off because if Timby01 really knows this guy and he even has a picture of his 2k2 Maxima on Team Sunrise's site, why wouldn't he try and do something about this? I've been hearing from others on the .org that they have sent Team Sunrise money for an intake, received the wrong intake in the mail, sent it back and received nothing.

If anyone can think of anything I can do to get my money or intake back please tell me. I doubt paypal will do anything since its been so long. As for me buying anything else through maxima.org, I highly doubt I ever will because this forum is full of @ssholes who want to ruin things for everyone.

The guys name is "Fabio Gambino" and his username is "TeamSunriseMax" on the .org. I think he should he banned from this forum so that nobody else will get ripped off by him.

Nathan

Old 07-26-2002, 08:02 AM

Well yesturday I filed a paypal complaint but the payment was sent over 1 month ago so I'm not sure if they'll do anything about it. As for contacting the police or something to that matter I think is the best thing. I've gotten emails from several people saying that they've also gotten scammed. If they can all post here maybe we can all get our money back somehow.

Nathan
Old 07-26-2002, 10:13 AM

Sometimes a very seriously worded letter from an attorney sent certified works wonders.

I wish you luck! Stories like this really make me wonder about people.
Old 07-26-2002, 10:51 AM

Originally posted by undercvr
Sometimes a very seriously worded letter from an attorney sent certified works wonders.
I wish you luck! Stories like this really make me wonder about people.
Thanks so much for the idea.

Nathan
Old 07-26-2002, 12:16 PM
I miss the .org!

Fabio Gambino? Sounds shady already...
Old 07-26-2002, 12:25 PM

Originally posted by Triple8Sol
Fabio Gambino? Sounds shady already...
Ha ha, that was my first thought too. It sounds like a character on the Simpsons, a model hitman.
Old 07-26-2002, 02:13 PM
starcruzer

I Got Ripped off by Team "Snake-eyes" Too

2 months ago I participated in a groupdeal for a Weapon-R intake through "team snake-eyes". I had read the post before, and thought that it was an honest mistake made with MB1. At the time I checked his feedback on ebay, was good. now his feedback tells who he really is.

http://cgi2.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-c...erid=shane1949

He did send a filter within a week of my paying him. It was the wrong one. I emailed him and he emailed me back with an adress to send it back to. So far so good. 2 weeks go by, no filter. I e-mail him. No response. I e-mail him again, and he says he is waiting on an order. To make a long story short, It's been two months, he won't respond to e-mails and that scammer has both my money and my filter.

DONT DO BUSSINESS WITH TEAM SUNRISE

Old 07-26-2002, 02:28 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

This type of stuff in unfortunate

I wonder why these people do not think that they will get caught when they participate in this type of fraud.

The only good thing to be said about this sort of thing is that it pays to check things out prior to buying on the internet.

It really stinks that people have to lose money and get burned. I do hope that one of you decides to get a lawyer involved and shut this business down.

Well, it is time to get off of my soap box now .........

Goodluck all and I hope you get your hard earned money back!
DL
Old 07-26-2002, 03:48 PM

Re: I Got Ripped off by Team "Snake-eyes" Too

Originally posted by starcruzer
2 months ago I participated in a groupdeal for a Weapon-R intake through "team snake-eyes". I had read the post before, and thought that it was an honest mistake made with MB1. At the time I checked his feedback on ebay, was good. now his feedback tells who he really is.
http://cgi2.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-c...erid=shane1949
He did send a filter within a week of my paying him. It was the wrong one. I emailed him and he emailed me back with an adress to send it back to. So far so good. 2 weeks go by, no filter. I e-mail him. No response. I e-mail him again, and he says he is waiting on an order. To make a long story short, It's been two months, he won't respond to e-mails and that scammer has both my money and my filter.
DONT DO BUSSINESS WITH TEAM SUNRISE
That's exactly what he did to me. Thanks for posting. Let me know if you come up with an idea to shut this guy down.
Old 07-26-2002, 04:35 PM

I was trying to figure out the "logic" in what this guy does. He has sent the wrong part to each of the people who've said they've been ripped off. I'd bet he does that to buy time. "Oh, I made a mistake, send it back, (that'll take awhile) and then we'll send you the right part (that will take awhile)." By then weeks have gone by and it is harder to get your money back. People always want to give the benefit of the doubt (I know I do) so you try email or phoning and then more time has gone by and . . . .you're stuck.

I really think if any of you guys have a friend who is an attorney who will write a strongly worded letter and have it sent (preferably certified, return receipt requested) that could help a lot w/out getting you further into debt. There's so much fraud out there that I think it may be more difficult trying to involve police or some other authority.

Again, best of luck. At least the word is out on the .org
Old 07-29-2002, 03:43 PM

Originally posted by Turbo95Max

Eddie, didnt Dan get scammed by this guy when he picked up his intake??
Yes, I did matthel. I called that guy though and made a complaint with paypal.
Old 08-03-2002, 09:54 AM

I've answered every email u had sent me and I've been calling this A@@ ever since. I told you to email me if u still never got it and u never emailed me so i figured that it was taken care of. he's not a friend of mine it's someone that i had bought the midpipe from and i had no problem but didn't forsee such problems arrising with this kid. This kid ripped me off as well now and am in the process of taking care of it (personal justice) . If i knew that this would have happened i would never have recomended this kid. For those of you who know me know i wouldn't do anything like that (thanks nyce)
Old 08-04-2002, 07:17 AM

Originally posted by timby01
I've answered every email u had sent me and I've been calling this A@@ ever since. I told you to email me if u still never got it and u never emailed me so i figured that it was taken care of. he's not a friend of mine it's someone that i had bought the midpipe from and i had no problem but didn't forsee such problems arrising with this kid. This kid ripped me off as well now and am in the process of taking care of it (personal justice) . If i knew that this would have happened i would never have recomended this kid. For those of you who know me know i wouldn't do anything like that (thanks nyce)
Hey, sorry about what I said. I was just really mad and thought you might have had something to do with it. What are you plans on getting something back from him? I'm in the process of getting my money back.

Nathan
Old 08-04-2002, 12:58 PM

i cannot really say what i'm gonna do but it will be something nice i promise u. He is sometimes @ dpa on LI haning out. some of us LI maxes should get togethar and just surround his *** in one of the parking lots. Secondly his father is not a cop so that's nothing to worry about.