Dealership and Vendor Experiences Let other Maxima owners, or potential Maxima owners, which dealerships and shops you've had good or bad luck with.

I can't praise Alex @ Southwest Autoworks enough!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2003, 06:13 PM

I can't praise Alex @ Southwest Autoworks enough!!!!

Just thought I'd post up some praise and thanks for Alex at Southwest Autoworks. This guy cares so much about his customers and he definatley has the best customer service that I have ever dealt with.

I recently got in on his Stillen Body Kit Group Deal (The third Group Deal of his that I've been in on). Anyways, I received my body kit and Stillen had forgot to add the installation hardware in my box.

I e-mailed Alex and told him about the situation. He sent me out another one via USPS. Unfortunately, it never got to me. I wasn't mad about it though since I'm not planning on installing the kit until late March or early April.

I e-mailed Alex to let me know that I hadn't received the installation hardware yet. I think it was a Friday that I e-mailed him. He replied and said that if you don't receive it by Tuesday, call me at the shop. I ended up waiting that whole week because I didn't want to call Alex and then have it come the next day. I finally came to the decision that it wasn't gonna get to me.

I called up Alex and he said no problem. He said that he was gonna send out another one, but this time via UPS to he can track it. Then he said I'll send it to you next day air. I stopped him and said that he didn't have to do that because I wasn't in any rush and I'm not installing the kit until March or April anyway. He said OK.

So I came home from school the next day and guess what was on my front porch? That's right, a package from Alex. He shipped it out Next Day Air even though I insisted that he didn't have to.

It truly is a shame that there aren't more people in business like him. I highly recommend him to anyone. I even put a link in my sig for him, because he's such a great guy to do business with and I think he deserves the free advertising. He's always looking out for all of his customers, especially us Maxima.orgers.

http://www.southwestautoworks.com
alex@southwestautoworks.com

Thanks again Alex!

-Nick
Old 03-03-2003, 02:02 PM
lcf

Hey were your sideskirts were boxed as well? Mine came wrapped in plastic and no box? I'm lucky they weren't damaged! Not only that, it took me forever and a day to get the kit from them and whenever I called I was given a runaround and lied to. I know a lot of businesses do it, say they shipped something when it hadn't been shipped yet, but don't let the customer find out about it.

Either way, I'll have to give them another shot. You had an great experience. Perhaps my first experience was a fluke? I hope so!
Old 03-03-2003, 03:44 PM

Mine came in a box, but I know from experience that certain shipping companies can be a major PITA. They don't accept certain size boxes, so the company is limited to how they can ship the kits.

My box was pretty big, but the side skirts were still folded in half inside the box. No problem...I just set them next to the heater for a few minutes and watched them go back to their original shape.

-Nick
Old 03-26-2003, 11:59 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member and Maxima.org Sponsor

Originally posted by lcf
Hey were your sideskirts were boxed as well? Mine came wrapped in plastic and no box? I'm lucky they weren't damaged! Not only that, it took me forever and a day to get the kit from them and whenever I called I was given a runaround and lied to. I know a lot of businesses do it, say they shipped something when it hadn't been shipped yet, but don't let the customer find out about it.

Either way, I'll have to give them another shot. You had an great experience. Perhaps my first experience was a fluke? I hope so!
Hey LCF, while I don't know your name (order name), I do know one thing. I don't know what kind of runaround you were given, but I can only deal with things as they come. I encourage you to call me or e-mail me at alex@southwestautoworks.com, and I will be happy, as always, to take care of any problems. As for sideskirts, or other pieces not shipped in boxes, please blame Stillen, not us, as Stillen sometimes ships it in boxes, and sometimes just wrapped in plastic. Again, I don't stock any huge boxes for shipping, so I can only deal with the pieces as they come. I hope you do give us another shot, and I would be truly appreciative of if you can e-mail me about what exactly you were lied to about, and by whom?
Thanks again, and Nick, and everyone else, you are welcome any time.

Alex
Old 03-27-2003, 03:35 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

My first and only (thus far) dealing with Alex was fantastic. There were problems ... and there always will be with a $1000 order made up of a zillion parts ... but he was super quick to resolve them.
Old 03-27-2003, 07:26 PM

I've got to give mad props to Alex too. But I'm on the other side, I supply him with parts. But he is by far, the best dealer we've ever dealt with. We have none of the problems we get with other shops that buy from us. Plus he's just a nice guy.
Old 03-30-2003, 12:34 AM
Sports Button FTW

F Alex, i hate his guts
Old 05-13-2003, 03:09 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member and Maxima.org Sponsor

Silly Mecca Thanks guys!

Alex
Old 05-22-2003, 10:38 PM

ALEX IS A GREAT GUY... GREAT EXPERIENCES WITH ME SO FAR
Old 06-04-2003, 11:23 AM

Hey guys.
I gotta say, when I first bought my Max I only bought parts from CustomMaxima. That was my 1st mistake!

I first started buying things from Alex about a year or so ago. At first there were some shipping problems but Alex made me a happy customer by shipping out my products Next-Day air. This guy is AWESOME! I have never dealt with anyone who seems to care soo much about their customers and the products they purchase.

Any time you seem to have a question or need a professional opinion, Alex was always there for me and guided me the right way. This guy just doesn't want to make $, he is there to make everyone happy.

All of the products I have purchased from Alex, I am 150% happy with (excluding the HIDS ) hehe but Alex went the extra mile to get me exactly what I wanted! I just wish his business was not so far away and that there were more people like him who know how to run a customer-friendly business!

GREAT JOB DONE AGAIN ALEX! I'll be seeing you soon at the show!

-Igor
One Happy @ss Customer