Dealership and Vendor Experiences Let other Maxima owners, or potential Maxima owners, which dealerships and shops you've had good or bad luck with.

BAD DEALERS RUIN IT FOR THE GOOD ONES

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2000, 08:39 PM

Anytime a dealer doesn't provide the best possible service to their customers they are failing miserably. One of you stated that the dealer told you it would cost $300.00 in freight to get the alternator from another dealer. They flat out LIED to you. Most dealers sell to each other at anywhere from cost plus 15% to list less 20% and any reasonable freight and cod charges. Any dealer in the country can VOR any part they want up until 4:00 pm their time and still have it overnight. It will cost them their 6% obsolescence accrual and it will incur a 4% handling charge but that is it. If it comes from any other depot other than their own facing PDC, then they will have freight charges but only what the carrier charges Nissan. As far as a warranty repair goes, the dealer is reimbursed the freight charges by Nissan went the submit the claim as an expense item (not a part or labor). In addition, if your vehicle is still in the "base warranty" period, 3years or 36,000 miles, you have the right under warranty to be towed to the nearest dealer to you up to 50 miles. If there is no dealer in that mileage range, than you may have an independent garage repair the vehicle to run and your local dealer can submit a claim to Nissan for reimbursement on your behalf. Anytime a Nissan customer doesn't feel that they have been treated fairly, they can call 1-800-NISSAN1 and lodge a complaint. The dealer is contacted by Nissan and has to provide Nissan with their efforts to resolve the issue to the customers satisfaction. Don't forget that all dealers live and die by CSI and lousy CSI not only costs them customers but also generates a lot of heat within the dealership to fix the problems that cause the heat. It's too bad that so many lousy dealers ruin it for the ones that truly try to take care of their customers.

Old 09-18-2000, 08:54 PM
I'm needing a caw

I tried the nissan # once for a repair->

They said becuase I'm not the original owner and becuase my car is out of the warranty, I'm **** outa luck. Even though I was complaining about a repair warranty that was well within the repair warranty period. 1800nissan did not lift one damn finger to help me. This exact statement came from 2-3 different people there on the other end of the phone. This was after I got into a yelling match(came down to that) w/ the ******* service manager. He refused to work on the car to fix it. It sucks when you know more about your car than the freakin' Nissan service people. "Did you clean the oil gallies?" "uh yeah sure"