Dealership and Vendor Experiences Let other Maxima owners, or potential Maxima owners, which dealerships and shops you've had good or bad luck with.

Nissan Dealer F*&$ me OVER !!!! LONG story what to do ???

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2004, 12:20 PM
Qmax03

Nissan Dealer F*&$ me OVER !!!! LONG story what to do ???

ok so i went to Westbury Nissan in westbury longisland , NY so i go in and tell the service guy that my 2003 maxima has some problems i tell him that the passenger side seat does not come up when you pull the leaver it wont just come up you have to pull the seat up , and that when i rev the engine i hear a rattle under the car(i think its a loose heatshield) anyways i also said my rotors have cracks and are warped and the car has only 13k miles he takes the car in and gets to work, 2 hours later he comes by and says ok well 1. the seat is normal your supposed to pull the seat up.... OK thats a bunch of BS isnt it that when you pull the lever it supppose to just come straight up ??? 2. that the rattle i hear he cant do anythign about it becasue i lowered the car and becasue i have a cold air intake, WHAT THE HELL DOES THE LOWERING AND INTAKE HAVE TO DO WITH MY EXHAUST HEAT SHIELD ???? 3. he sayd that the rotors YES are warped and cracked but its only covered up to 12k miles and i have 13k on my car, THATS F*&* **** because what the hell is that 36k 3 year bumper to bumper warrenty about ?? PLUS i had to pay $80 for them to check tell me that its not under warranty !!! thsi is the 2nd time nissan had F*&* me over!! what should i do ? Any one in NYC know of a GOOD dealer who dont F ppl over like westbury nissan and koeppel nissan ?

Old 09-30-2004, 12:23 PM
Banned

Hes definitly lying to you. 3/36 on everything including rotors, he has to fix those. You should call up nissan and complain, say that you went in to get warranty work on your car and what he did. Im sure that if you do call and you make it sound just how you did here they will definitly re-emburse you for your charges and probably make them replace the rotors etc. You need to get ahold of nissan though before its too long
Old 09-30-2004, 12:25 PM
Banned

oh p.s. look in the owners manual and bring it to the guy who worked on your car it should say in there that the rotors are covered for 3/36, then hell really feel like a ****
Old 09-30-2004, 12:35 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

1. the seats are manually adjustable, unless they are power, so you have to push them
2. are you sure the rattle is from a heat shield and not the intake
3. go to another dealer, tell them your rotors are cracked and you want to have them replaced.

PS- rotors dont warp
http://www.stoptech.com/whitepapers/...otors_myth.htm
Old 09-30-2004, 12:51 PM

owned

so in your other cars the seat comes upwhen u pull the lever? even if your on an uphill incline?
Old 09-30-2004, 01:15 PM
Fastest Fantasy Maxima Evar

Rotors aren't covered under 3yr/36, 2Ks had a TSB that supposedly "covered" them, but you don't.

Lowered/intake = EASY to blame, ie you're screwed depending on the service writers imagination.
Old 09-30-2004, 02:29 PM

What ever you do...DON'T come to Queens and visit Nemet Nissan!!! DON'T!
Old 09-30-2004, 02:36 PM

I would be on the phone with Nissan - letting them have it! That is probably your best bet. Also have them tell you which dealer in your area you should take it to and get this resolved (obviously not the one where you got screwed!).
Old 09-30-2004, 02:53 PM

Nissan delaers are &$&(*$(*$(* , most car dealers are **)#*)#*))*(
Old 09-30-2004, 03:16 PM
Qmax03

yea im calling nissan usa tommarow, yea i noticed that ALL nissan dealers are as&H*&es , and also noticed that all toyota dealers are angels, everytime i take my camry for service they do it right the 1st time and even if the thing isnt covered and its a little thing theyll do it , AND if its just a check up like what happen to my maxima today Toyota woulnt have charged ME !

Old 09-30-2004, 03:44 PM
drag racing is for wussies

You have to understand its not Nissan, dealers are independently owned shops that have Nissan franchise. Its like going to one McDonalds and getting some nasty azz stale fries, but the next McDees you get the best fries ya ever tasted. I go to one dealer here, they warranty my VIAS intake manifold at 90K miles even thou I have no warranty, anything I need to have done its done. No question about it, and if someone gives me the run around that my car is modified, they will get it nasty. I am a mechanic, I know how everything works at the dealers. Service advisors get paid on commission half the time, so if they sell ya rotors for 300 dollars with labor, they get lets say 15% of that cut, its like 40 bux in their pocket. Now if its warranty, the rotors are only like 47 bux each and labor is probably like 70 dollars, so we are talking 170 dollars and less comission cause you don't get the 15% most of the time on warranty jobs- it really depends on where ya work at. Then they also get bonuses for selling XXXXX amount of customer pay work each week... so ya see they try to stiff ya for the $$$ and thats why service sucks. Another thing is... I noticed the advisors at Nissan are low life scum off the street. At higher car line dealers, in order to get a job they run a background check on ya, do all kinds of stuff to determine if you are really a nice person to work with, and not some friggn terrorist. GM, Ford, Chrysler dealers all act like Nissan dealers.
Old 09-30-2004, 03:55 PM

Come to Star Nissan and speak to service advisor Hogan. He's an org member (maximumrpmnyc). He took care of my car when I dropped it off to him. He even parked my car INSIDE the service department rather then leave the car outside like they normally do. I also had an intake and drop, still did the work for me.
Old 09-30-2004, 04:47 PM

Hmmm Star Nissan... You are right, it all depends on the shop and the people there. which is quiet a shame considering its a nissan product, and they need empower proper people behind there authorized dealer ship logo. i dont care if cheap scum off the street makes his $150 dollars or $300 , i pay that monthly for my car or even more, so if its under warranty its NISSAN's JOB as a car company to provide me with a product thats FUNCTIONS TO 100% , if they can not, then cars should cost 10.00$ and should be disposeble if they fail to work lol... anyhow this is crap , dealers are crap, low life advisors are crap..

my dealer i told him... treat me right and im gona be coming here after the warranty .. screw me now.. im gona stand on the street with my pants down holding a sign this place is a rip off nah im just kiddin about that..

butt really dealers do **** me off!! im angry very angry!!!

Old 09-30-2004, 06:04 PM

thats BS, I say Screw that dealership and spend your $ and time else where.

Greg
Old 09-30-2004, 08:41 PM
detailerdaveb@gmail.com

pads and rotors are covered only for 12mos/12K miles.
Old 09-30-2004, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by MacAlert
Come to Star Nissan and speak to service advisor Hogan. He's an org member (maximumrpmnyc). He took care of my car when I dropped it off to him. He even parked my car INSIDE the service department rather then leave the car outside like they normally do. I also had an intake and drop, still did the work for me.
Hmm... maybe I should come up there... the dealerships here suck....
Old 10-01-2004, 04:44 AM

"Nissan Service Suks !!!!they Really Suk !!!! Never Will I Buy Another Nissan !!!!! Only Becasue Of Ther Service They Suck !!!!!!!"

I feel your pain....poor service = no repeat business for Nissan from me.....
Old 10-01-2004, 04:53 AM

Originally Posted by BlackBIRDVQ
You have to understand its not Nissan, dealers are independently owned shops that have Nissan franchise. Its like going to one McDonalds and getting some nasty azz stale fries, but the next McDees you get the best fries ya ever tasted. I go to one dealer here, they warranty my VIAS intake manifold at 90K miles even thou I have no warranty, anything I need to have done its done. No question about it, and if someone gives me the run around that my car is modified, they will get it nasty. I am a mechanic, I know how everything works at the dealers. Service advisors get paid on commission half the time, so if they sell ya rotors for 300 dollars with labor, they get lets say 15% of that cut, its like 40 bux in their pocket. Now if its warranty, the rotors are only like 47 bux each and labor is probably like 70 dollars, so we are talking 170 dollars and less comission cause you don't get the 15% most of the time on warranty jobs- it really depends on where ya work at. Then they also get bonuses for selling XXXXX amount of customer pay work each week... so ya see they try to stiff ya for the $$$ and thats why service sucks. Another thing is... I noticed the advisors at Nissan are low life scum off the street. At higher car line dealers, in order to get a job they run a background check on ya, do all kinds of stuff to determine if you are really a nice person to work with, and not some friggn terrorist. GM, Ford, Chrysler dealers all act like Nissan dealers.

I could not agree more… I’ve owned 4 different Lexus models and they have provided the absolute best service I have ever experienced, ever! In fact I told my Nissan advisor yesterday about the level of service you receive at Lexus and even VW and how I may have made a big mistake buying Nissan. Nothing against the car itself cause I like it, however Nissan service leaves much to be desired. Both Lexus and VW offer there service customers a complementary loaner vehicle and car wash while your car is being serviced. Even Mazda will put you in a rental, free of charge if your car is having warranty work done to it. I think with the way Nissan is pricing there cars these days, they should look into improving there service division.
Old 10-01-2004, 05:09 AM
Qmax03

yea my toyota dealer treats me like a king ! NISSAN needs to get some better TRUSTWORTHY people !

Old 10-01-2004, 06:03 AM
drag racing is for wussies

funny thing is I think Maxima rotors are the cheapest rotors I have ever bought- I had a used car 00 SE that came in on a trade at my shop and the front rotors where at minimum spec so you couldn't cut them no more. So we called up the local auto parts store, 21 dollars a piece for a rotor. I thought it was a mistake, I saw the bill when the parts arrived. Parts looked just as good as OEM. Compared to the M5 I worked on a few days ago that needed new front rotors, where our dealers price was 360 dollars PER rotor for the front. I have noticed that when I worked at Hyundai few years ago that their service advisors sucked also, they had no idea bout the cars and it was constantly a revolving door- new people in, old people out. In the year I worked there.. I had 3 service managers, and like 10 diff service advisors went through it. Yes there was always one nice advisor out of the bunch of them, and hes been there the longest, when things started to go down hill... he and I both fled our way out to diff dealerships. As of Wed afternoon I am unemployed myself so I been looking for a new job, and when I walk into the dealers and look for a service manager I usually have to ask the service advisors to get him for me. In the mean time I stand there and look at how they write up cars, if I dont like it and the manager seems fishy, the shop don't look too bussy... I just leave. Since I been a Acura tech for around 3 years now I wanted to stay working on Acuras or Infinitis. One Acura dealer I was at was just sooo rude I just left without even filling out an application. I can't belive customers actually come in there for service work, and the clowns who worked in the back looked like a buncha ex-cons.
Old 10-01-2004, 06:08 AM

I agree with how nissan service sucks. My Honda has been to 4 different dealers in 2 cities, 7 times ( sometimes twice to the same dealer). for a rattle that I heard and they couldnt replicate it...no one charged me a dime to inspect it...finally one master tech heard the noise and the issue was fixed.
When i goto my nissan service dept, they tell me upfront, that I will be charged $40 for inspection and if something is under warranty then i dont have to pay anything, otherwise i have to pay the 40 + parts + labor....sucks considering i take it in every 2 months for every small issue
Old 10-02-2004, 11:47 AM

Most dealerships are stealerships. That is why I stopped taking my Max to a dealership after 36K becoz I was scared out of my minds that they would introduce a problem forcing me to come back to them.

Well coming to Nissan cars itself, for the most part they are good except for those routine maintaince and lousy brakes, ignition system etc.

And Iam glad I sit on this forum to understand how to do the routine stuff (sometimes i do post some work that I did and was proud off ....) than taking my first wife (i.e. my car) to these bast**d dealerships and getting ripped all over the place and be treated like a jerk who does not know a f**k about cars!!!
Old 10-02-2004, 12:08 PM

All dealerships are scum.
toyota
nissan
honda
ford
mazda , ALL unless you have billions of dollars to give them for oil changes and some BS work... RiP Off!!!!!!!!!!!
we need to open up a franchise repair shops owned by all on the .org we run them and franshise and raise the standards across the country, get licenses from honda nissan's and be there offical repair dealerships........... and make millions too !! My idea do not steal!

Old 10-02-2004, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by SKYRockerr
All dealerships are scum.
toyota
nissan
honda
ford
mazda , ALL unless you have billions of dollars to give them for oil changes and some BS work... RiP Off!!!!!!!!!!!
we need to open up a franchise repair shops owned by all on the .org we run them and franshise and raise the standards across the country, get licenses from honda nissan's and be there offical repair dealerships........... and make millions too !! My idea do not steal!

Absolutely right. If I was a repair techician/dealership I would put my heart into it and not rob my customers becoz this is a country with as many vehicles on the roads as the population (285 million) and there is no dearth of vehicle problems to resolve. Customers would just flow if this is done with some integrity -- and if done right keeping the customer in mind one could become a millionarie honestly and maintaining a high level of self esteem and regards in the society he/she lives in!!!!

I would like all the techinicians who report to these lousy bast**ds that run these dealership owners (who probaly live in million dollar homes themselves and many more millions to live on for generations...) set up a shop on their own (with interest rates this low the Fed/banks is more than willing for approving small industry loans) and do these repairs honestly and truthfully (I always wonder does Nissan like us going back again and again to these dealerships -- they may be getting cuts on replacing working parts with new ones and charging labor...).
Old 10-02-2004, 05:42 PM
Qmax03

Nissan raped me and my car !

Old 10-02-2004, 06:45 PM

nissan rotors are wack.

nissan dealerships are even "wacker"

What kinda world do we live in?!!!?
Old 10-02-2004, 08:32 PM

The dealerships have to make money off us because our Max are generally quite reliable and do not need frequent repairs. So, any chance they have they may try to pull a fast one, especially on those who know little about cars. What a shame.
Old 10-02-2004, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by kenny
The dealerships have to make money off us because our Max are generally quite reliable and do not need frequent repairs. So, any chance they have they may try to pull a fast one, especially on those who know little about cars. What a shame.

I disagree, all cars are troublesome, regardless of how much maintence you do. offcourse we all hit pot holes and drive hard , everything mechnical will break. the problem with dealerships is not just nissan, its all dealerships. Car makers have no control over dealer ships and how they report / support / carry out there warranty work. to them the less repairs under warranty the less they have to pay out of pocket.

Its all about money. no car maker wants to make a perfect car. maybe perfect untill the warranty expires then they want these cars to break apart.

Remember, the parts for these cars make more money to dealerships and car manufactures then cars themselfs. you own your car for atleast 100K miles, in those 100K if your car was perfect no one would make any money.

why do you think GM / Ford have so many problems? they are cheap enough for every average american to buy, and the parts are cheap enough to afford, thus millions of people own GM/Ford products and continue to repair them and use them.

Anyway. I think if people / mechanics opened independent shops to just do warranty work on all cars makes and models for consumers without issues and have direct licenses from car makers that would be a good base for buisness.

(c)copyright 2004 Skyrockerr.

Old 10-02-2004, 09:10 PM

Try going to a dealer which has the Nissan Award of Excellence. I bring my car to a dealer and they have been nothing short of phenomenal. I felt like crying after I took my car there the first time because I had been dealing with ford dealerships (had a sh*ty taurus) for 3 years and was a the point of rather jumping off a bridge than bring the car in for servce. Not only did my dealer fix something out of warranty, but they also cleaned the car and explained all the repairs to me. The service manager even waited 30 mins past his shift to make sure I was happy with the car when I came late.
Old 10-04-2004, 08:31 PM

How can we (the average Joes) find out which dealership has Award of Excellence unless we are physically in the shop, in which case I am quite sure the dealership will post the Award on every window to show off.
The Nissan dealership near me seems decent, although I have seen a few posts trashing it. I wonder if we can start a thread list each dealership by state and doing a survey and critique for each.
Old 10-04-2004, 08:52 PM

horrible service at bay ridge nissan in brooklyn. ny. Went to get the Service engine light checked out when car was at 20k miles, they kept the car for a whole day, then at end of day presented an invoice for 300 bucks for things that were completely useless to me. They rotated tires after i had them rotated a week before coming there, they changed my oil from the synthec i put in a month b4 coming there to regular, and they put a nasty white grease on door hinges. 1000 miles after that bad experience, light went on again, back to dealer, they kept car again for a day, light was turned off, then again 1000 miles later went back on. I said the hell with them, went ot autozone got code, changed o2 sensor myself. I rather pay a bit more at my local mechanic shop or do work myself then go to Nissan dealers.
Old 10-04-2004, 09:00 PM

Its on the dealership finder page. If the dealer has that award, it will be displayed next to it.

http://www.nissanusa.com/form/1,3402...Search,00.html
Old 10-04-2004, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by unrealii
Try going to a dealer which has the Nissan Award of Excellence. I bring my car to a dealer and they have been nothing short of phenomenal. I felt like crying after I took my car there the first time because I had been dealing with ford dealerships (had a sh*ty taurus) for 3 years and was a the point of rather jumping off a bridge than bring the car in for servce. Not only did my dealer fix something out of warranty, but they also cleaned the car and explained all the repairs to me. The service manager even waited 30 mins past his shift to make sure I was happy with the car when I came late.
THATS BULLShiznit. With all these "independent" franchise dealerships...and since they control their busniess, how can Nissan honestly give them an award. Just cuz they convince more customers to get ripped off....and so NISSAN USA has less complaint calls, they give them an award. whatever.
Old 10-04-2004, 09:15 PM

Yeah....but this is the New York area....
Old 10-05-2004, 07:55 AM

That's funny, Naples Nissan has the award of excellence but still did nothing but tell me that I had a non existant condition. You can read more at the link below.

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=341534