Dealership and Vendor Experiences Let other Maxima owners, or potential Maxima owners, which dealerships and shops you've had good or bad luck with.

MOBILETEK CUSTOMERS please step in

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2005, 04:59 PM

MOBILETEK CUSTOMERS please step in

As you may or may not know i sent payment to Don at mobiletek last march (almost a year from now) when they were having their "blow out sale event". its been 11 months and i still havent received the vavle body. they dont even answer any of my e-mails. i was just wondering how long it took you guys to receive your mod? anyone else pay for the upgrade and not receive it yet? does anyone have a # i could reach them at? anyone personally know don and could help me out here? and no i wasnt an annoying rude customer that kept nagging at him where my vb is, i didnt even say anything until 8 months into the whole thing. any advice as what i should do? i cant even get my money back from pay pal. i know at least of one other org member that didnt receive his upgrade either, and we both ordered ours at around the same time. ANYONE ELSE???
Old 01-26-2005, 05:00 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

ouch....... people are evil for **** like this.... sorry about your luck.
Old 01-26-2005, 05:05 PM

I guess you havent given up hope yet... please do. Your not going to unless you actually call them and complain to the highest authority there about it or show up at their door.
Old 01-26-2005, 05:13 PM

why would you wait 8 months? If i didnt recieve it they day it was due I would of called and complained. You should always check on stuff like that.
Old 01-26-2005, 05:17 PM

Idea... since they are in Texas (Alteast I believe) why dont you also try the regional forums for down there, someone else has have to have dealt with them and have their telephone number.
Old 01-26-2005, 09:32 PM

good idea.....i just posted a thread there

and i'm sorry i should have been more specific spanishrice, after 8 months i started to ***** about my vb not coming in. i did e-mail them a few times before that 8 months to get a check up and they would e-mail me back and everything was cool. they would just give me a round around every time "we're waiting for cores to come in" "blah blah blah"......
Old 01-26-2005, 10:09 PM
G

that sucks man. i ordered mine about april of last year. they had it to me two days later and were always promt to reply to all my emails. i dont have a complaint about them. they had great customer service (for me anyway). not sure why they would do that to you, but ive heard your not the first thats had this happen.
Old 01-26-2005, 10:20 PM
VIP Maxima

dude man why would u wait 8 months in the first place??

Old 01-26-2005, 10:43 PM

mike......re read post #6

i waited 8 months before i started to complain cause 1) i didnt wanna get on their bad side. 2) well yeah, they probably got in a lot of orders and lets face it people do not send in their cores right away, so i was being lenient and giving them some time.

but its like wtf, how does maximatodd get his before mine when he ordered his in april. last time i checked march came before april. (no offense to you todd).
Old 01-27-2005, 04:00 AM

He usually runs it where he has one modified valve body, and he ships it to someone, they install and ship their stock one back. If there are 20 people on the list, it could take a while. Thats what he told me a long time ago when I bought mine and got impatient, but I didn't wait 8 months, more like 3 months.
Old 01-27-2005, 06:55 AM
Banned

he's a good guy. good luck
Old 01-27-2005, 01:26 PM
2 VE's are better than one!

A few years ago Don did my valvebody on my old VE auto. Of course before I installed the valvebody he was really quick to respond to e-mails and helpful etc. When I installed the valvebody and the 1-2 shift was actually worse than stock, he blamed it on my solenoids and claimed it was my transmissions fault. I debated him for a while and then he just started to ignore me plain and simple. Now, I was 90% sure that my transmission was in perfect working order, and that he screwed something up, but since I was no trained transmission expert I couldnt prove it or be 100% technically sure that it wasnt my transmissions fault or the solenoids. So I just lived with it for about a year.

Then I got my VE 5spd so I gave the valvebody to my bud Aaron92se. I mean it should work great in his car since it was my transmissions fault right? Well, the valvebody did the exact same thing in his car. Hmm.. the problem was MY transmission huh? Long story short Don wouldnt fix the valvebody and/or even live up to his inadequately performing vavlebody or even admit the slightest bit of fault or liability. Aaron eventually sent it to those guys in NY (cant remember the name) who also do VB's. They ended up fixing Don's shoddy work. There were missing ball bearings and some other inexplicably retarded things with the VB that Don worked on.

I do believe there was some drama concerning that situation with myself, Don, and Aaron92se that was played out here on the forums. Someone could do some searching and find those old threads if they were really interested.

A good amount of people seem to have no problems with Don at all. However, he's also seemed to have screwed a bunch of people over the years and seems to like to ignore customer service situations when they dont go his way. Go figure.
Old 01-27-2005, 02:17 PM

does this guy have his own shop that he works out of or is it all done out of his garage? could someone please send him an e-mail and pretent that youre interested in getting a VB upgrage and would like to know how much it costs and how hard the install is, just to see if he's even around anymore? maybe he's not only ignoring me, maybe hes packed up his bags and left? so could someone just take a quick min and send him an e-mail please? orders@mobiletek.net thats the e-mail address.

and to think this guy came in between of me and my supercharger. i bought the kit and everything and was waiting for my vb to come, then had to sell it once i realized its never gonna come in.
Old 02-18-2005, 01:31 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Man, Don't Get Me Started On Mobiletek.
I Bought A V.b. From Another Org Member And Installed It With The Exact Setup He Had In His. Of Course It Didn't Work. I Spoke With A Guy Named Ryan At Mobiletek Of And On For A Few Months Trying To Figure Out The Problem. He Told Me It Was The Seals, The Solenoids, All Kind Of Other Stuff. Nevertheless It Didn't Get Fixed. So At The Time They Said Send It In To Them Free Of Charge And They Would Check It Out Since It Was One Of Theirs. 2 Months Went By, And The Third Month Came Around, This Is With Occasional Email Contact With Them, And I Went Into The Hospital For A Month. I Got Out Of The Hospital, And After Getting Back To Work And Catching Up On Things I Email Ryan At Mobiletek, And He Says They Sent It Out 2 Moths Ago. We Emailed Back And Forth For About Two Weeks, By This Time Three Months Have Gone By And They Said "their Sorry, But After 90 Days That Can't Get Any Tracking Info From Ups. So Now I Have No One To Hold Responsible For Signing For It Or If They Ever Even Sent The Thing Out.
It Is A Really **** Poor Situation, And I Would Like To Report Them To Bbb. But I Can't Even Get An Address Or Phone # To Talk To Anyone High Up In The Company Or To Report Them. I'm At A Loss With These People!
Dan-0
Old 02-18-2005, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by DAN-O
Man, Don't Get Me Started On Mobiletek.
I Bought A V.b. From Another Org Member And Installed It With The Exact Setup He Had In His. Of Course It Didn't Work. I Spoke With A Guy Named Ryan At Mobiletek Of And On For A Few Months Trying To Figure Out The Problem. He Told Me It Was The Seals, The Solenoids, All Kind Of Other Stuff. Nevertheless It Didn't Get Fixed. So At The Time They Said Send It In To Them Free Of Charge And They Would Check It Out Since It Was One Of Theirs. 2 Months Went By, And The Third Month Came Around, This Is With Occasional Email Contact With Them, And I Went Into The Hospital For A Month. I Got Out Of The Hospital, And After Getting Back To Work And Catching Up On Things I Email Ryan At Mobiletek, And He Says They Sent It Out 2 Moths Ago. We Emailed Back And Forth For About Two Weeks, By This Time Three Months Have Gone By And They Said "their Sorry, But After 90 Days That Can't Get Any Tracking Info From Ups. So Now I Have No One To Hold Responsible For Signing For It Or If They Ever Even Sent The Thing Out.
It Is A Really **** Poor Situation, And I Would Like To Report Them To Bbb. But I Can't Even Get An Address Or Phone # To Talk To Anyone High Up In The Company Or To Report Them. I'm At A Loss With These People!
Dan-0
Administrative Contact:
MobileTek
Don Cooper
15821 FM 529 Ste 155
Houston, TX 77095
US
Phone: 281-802-6185
Phone: 832-689-8526
Email: dgcoop@swbell.net