Dealership and Vendor Experiences Let other Maxima owners, or potential Maxima owners, which dealerships and shops you've had good or bad luck with.

My Horrible Experience with Place Racing (long but informative)

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2001, 04:06 PM

Just so you guys know I will never buy another product from PR. They have the worlds worst customer service! I ordered an intake about a month or two ago and was jerked around by the people there for about two weeks till I canceled the order. I then tried to order the intake again when they finally got them in stock and I did that about a month ago. They had one red one in stock. Well I decided to pay an extra 20 bucks to get it to me faster. Well I got it took my car apart only to box the ****ing thing up and ship it back because they sent me the wrong pipe. Cost me 15 bucks to ship it back. They got it back to them and then last Friday I called them up to make sure they had gotten it and they said that they did and that they only had the silver in stock. Well I said ok I don't need to wait any longer send me the silver one. The guy I talked to said that he would ship it out that day and that I should call back later that day to get a tracking number. Well I ended up waiting till today and when I spoke with them they said that the damn thing has not been shipped out yet because they didn't have the cuplinks or some **** in stock and that they would have them tomorrow which is the same exact bull**** that I have heard since day one with these guys. Well I can't get a refund because I have allready spent 35 bucks extra on shipping that they will not refund me and then they proceed to tell me that they can only ship the one they are shipping me by ground!!!!! What the hell I have waited this long and paid over 250 for a damn intake and they can't even express it to me when they were the ones who cause me to have to send it back in the first place. That is a bunch of horse **** to deal with and I am only one person, feel sorry for those of you in the group deal but if I had it all to do over agian I would have gone to JWT or Stillen for an intake. By the way the hold music is just some woman saying how great the company is and how much quality and customer service they have. YEAH MY A$$
Just letting you all know what and who you are dealing with when you try to get a cold air intake
Old 05-22-2001, 04:11 PM

Thanks for your feedback concerning Place Racing. I am sorry about your experience.
Old 05-22-2001, 04:15 PM

that's stinks thanks for the info
Old 05-22-2001, 04:36 PM
RIceD OuT moDErAtor

i've actually have very GOOD customer service from Place Racing. i called them up to purchase the Stillen Intake adapter for their CAI system, and gotten same HOUR email reponses, very professional. never had a problem..

sorry to hear of your bad luck. everyone gets those once in a while.
Old 05-22-2001, 06:37 PM

you too, huh?

I had a similar experience about a year ago when i got mine. I cut my car all to hell trying to make it fit. FInally I deduced that it wasn't going to fit even if I cut the damn fender off So I called them and they said it was my fault it didn't fit. I said I would pay to ship it back and have them look. They looke dat it and told me a week later that the pie was not for my car....no **** *******s! So I had hacked my car to hell and still no pipe. About 3 weeks later I got the RIGHT one and it fit fine. hell it should after I had a hole big enough to put a basketball in!

SHUMAX