Dealership and Vendor Experiences Let other Maxima owners, or potential Maxima owners, which dealerships and shops you've had good or bad luck with.

another "happy" Custom Enterprise customer...

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2005, 07:58 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

another "happy" Custom Enterprise customer...

Hmmm... where to start...

I had a plan worked out to get a ton of stuff done to the car this weekend. Hopefully CE will come through and deliver (UPS ground from them is next day, since we're in the same state), but I'm not holding my breath...

Anyway, I order their y-pipe, the Progress RSB and the UDP. I have everything setup with Jeff at Maximum to get things done this Sat. morning (rotors and intake as well), so it's all good.

Then after I place my order from CE I go all day without a confirmation email... and when it finally arrives I see that it says that the UDP didn't ship. Information I could have used BEFORE I ordered... I email Greg back and he says that they didn't have it in stock. Pisses me off enough, but I figure wth... at least the other stuff is coming.

Then the box arrives today... UPS says 13 lbs. Open it up, and it's only the y-pipe. Invoice says the RSB shipped too, but unless I got the invisible model, it's not in the box.

Now I'm really happy. I just emailed them to let them know that if the items are not in stock by tomorrow so I can get them by Friday to cancel them and issue a refund for them. It's not so much that now I have to take 2 Saturdays to get this done with Jeff, but that the whole experience has been assy. I remember reading some posts about them before but I figured they couldn't mess up CT to CT delivery... I guess I was wrong.

At first I figured it's my fault... I didn't call to check stock and they're only like an hour away, so I could drive up there to find out they don't have the damn things, but then I realized it's their fault and it made me feel like venting...

That's all... Hopefully I can get my issues resolved but like I said I'm not holding my breath...
Old 09-21-2005, 09:31 AM
"tse-tse fly"

www.sportcompactonly.com is what you should have used and should use from now on nuff said
Old 09-21-2005, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by 2K3MAX2NV
www.sportcompactonly.com is what you should have used and should use from now on nuff said
I don't think they carry the y-pipe, although I do see that they have the UDP at least, which is something...

I went to their website this morning and did the "online chat" with "Nick" -- he said that the RSB shipped from another location and it should arrive "in a couple of days" -- again, information I could have used a few days ago when I was ordering.

Anyway... live and learn I suppose. Hopefully I can still get everything in by Friday so I can get it installed this weekend.
Old 09-24-2005, 08:30 AM

Well I have to give it to them, at least they tried...

I got 3 calls over the last few days, letting me know what the parts were shipping, etc. But here we are... I placed the order on Monday and today is Saturday, and still no RSB or UDP. At least the alternator problems I had prevented me from taking a trip to get part of the work done, only to have to go back again, but that's small consolation...

I guess my first mistake was not calling to see if they had the stuff in stock, and second was relying on their delivery chart that said I'd get the stuff in 1 day because we're not that far... ordering stuff UPS Ground from CT is only supposed to take 1 day, but if they drop ship stuff from CA it's probably gonna be the middle of next week before I see it.

Live and learn I suppose.
Old 09-27-2005, 11:21 AM

Another update, in case anybody's interested...

Monday come, Monday go... no other deliveries in sight.

My credit card was charged today for the UDP, which I assume means they (or somebody) shipped it recently. I don't know where the sway bar is, since the tracking number that I received was for the y-pipe.

Hopefully the stuff will get here... eventually.
Old 09-28-2005, 08:40 PM

that's raw man ..all in all, you probably feel
Old 09-29-2005, 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by Scooobay
that's raw man ..all in all, you probably feel
Well... the UDP came in yesterday. No idea where the sway bar is.

I don't even care anymore... I'll just wait until I get back into town next week and follow up to see what's up.
Old 09-29-2005, 07:50 AM
Custommaxima.com

Viguera I sent you a PM.

Old 10-06-2005, 05:09 PM
is invisible

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=332820

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=410539

Old 10-14-2005, 11:18 AM

And so it ends...

Well it took 3 1/2 weeks but I finally got my RSB delivered UPS yesterday. The guys over at CE followed-up after a couple of emails and got me a tracking number, and the part finally arrived. However, IF I ever order something from them again I'm going to call them on the phone and see if it's in stock, or perhaps head on over and pick it up in person to avoid this whole mess.

Live and learn, I suppose.