Dealership and Vendor Experiences Let other Maxima owners, or potential Maxima owners, which dealerships and shops you've had good or bad luck with.

My recent repair experience...

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 11:02 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

My recent repair experience...

Its been a while since I posted a new topic in this forum. I just wanted to share with you what has been happening with my max. I have gotten to know my service team at performance nissan in duarte pretty well now, which is kinda sad. I haven't had any MAJOR problems to speak of, but I have had many little problems that are a bit frustrating to find on a flagship sedan, considering my 02 Altima up to this day has had ZERO problems whatsoever and it was a first year production vehicle. I have had little problems here and there with my max but I am going to share the most recent occurences. About 2 months ago my CD player quit on me and had to be replaced. My customer dash trim that I had installed on my car had scratches on it. I was bothered but I said "No biggie., at least I have a CD player again"... Next my shifter bezel came loose and had to be replaced... My sunglass visor sping broke and also needs to be replaced (that is currently on order). The biggest thing that happened was that my ignition lock went out and I was unable to start my car. My car had to be towed to the dealership (which I had to pay for) and they replaced my ignition lock. 2 things went wrong here... When I got my car back the 1st CD from my CD player was stolen. That alone made me very upset. I spoke with the service manager and he said "just buy a new one and we will reimburse you." I don't think that is the point. When you take you car to a dealership, you expect to recieve it back they was you took it in... with ALL of you belongings and NOTHING missing. Am I overreacting? I was pretty mad as the CD was a custom CD that was given to me as a gift. Second thing wrong, the air conditioning vent to the left of the Info Display iwas non usable. I guess they had to go in through there to change the ignition lock and they didn't put it back right so there is no way to open or close the vent... its just stuck. 3rd problem... they issued me a new set of keys and kept my old ones.... well the new keys ONLY work with the ignition... and NOTHING else. This means I cannot lock/unlock my glove box, I cannot lock/unlock my fold down rear seats. And I cannot lock/unlock my doors without the Keyfob. I apologize for the rantfest I just wanted to vent. I feel you guys care more about what happens to our cars than the dealer. What should I do?
Old 07-20-2006, 11:21 AM

Coulple months ago, there was a thread about a nissan dealership burning down, mmmm... wonder how that happend....

I feel your pain, i currently have a new glove box waiting for me at the dealer, for some reason i really dont feel like going there anymore.
Old 07-20-2006, 11:26 AM

All I can say is they suck .... reminds me of a NJ dealer,Denville Nissan.
They did the suspension subframe recall on my 04 Max.I had bought the car from them but I live in Pa....well i took the car to my local dealer for a once over to find any problems and to find out what the thumping noise was in the back of the car,well seems Denvilles mechanic besides not tightening one of the gas tank straprs,reattaching the fuel lines with the clips also managed to strip 2 bolts holding the subframe assembly in place .... aha,theres the thuping .... my suspension was moving all around. It took a little over 2 months to get reimbursed for the repair and that was after me going to a Nissan rep,highly disappointed in the dealer and the wishy washy rep.
Old 07-20-2006, 02:54 PM
* THIS SPACE FOR RENT *

Bro i feel your pain and agony but you have to realize that any where in this country when you go in to buy a vehicle no matter what make they are your best friend till you sign that dotted line then every thing that they told you about their service dept. and they let you meet the service writer and all that jazz dont mean **** once they have your hard earned cash thats why i think you should get friendly with a local shop that does warranty repair and go that route im sure it will save a few grey hairs
Old 07-20-2006, 05:40 PM

I am sorry to hear I am not alone...
I bought my 06 Maxima in May and at 900 km (!!), I started to hear an annoying clicking noise coming out from the passenger side of the dash - since I did not expect such things from a vehicle in its class, I reported it promptly to the dealership's service advisors...Ok, they said, we need the car for 3-4 hours to figure out where the noise comes from...It turned out that my new max needed to stay for 2 days...Problem? A loose clip.
I have tried to stay calm and understandable, it's just me being unlucky, they are helpful and they have solved it, after all...WRONG! The moment I opened the door I felt like killing somebody...the dash is scratched, the central console between the front seats is misaligned so the parking brake is now touching one of the walls when I try to move it, the leather trim on the parking brake scratched badly...The windshield (scratched too) and the surrounding trim are full of grease. The information screen wiped with a dirty wet cloth (probably the result of the "detailing" after the "fix").
On top of it, now there is an annoying buzzing sound coming from the gauge cluster when I travel over roads having portions of cracked asphalt...
I don't even know if I am going to visit that dealership. I reported the problems, they are willing to fix them (God knows what they will break next time), but honestly I don't even know if it's safe to go there anymore...
Butchers! I don't know how they manage to get their license with craftsmanship like this!
Old 07-20-2006, 06:30 PM

I say kick them in da Ding Ding.
Old 07-20-2006, 07:39 PM

I have been to the dealer too MANY times for warranty repairs. The good thing is they're nice and professional. But getting them to know me by my 1st name isn't a good thing. Here are the list of things gone wrong:
* Roof trims right after purchase: 1 trip/1 day
* Cut CVBoot: 1trip/2days. They took apart the joint and then realized no part in-house. I was pissed and called Nissan to compaint.
* Exaust rattle: 2 trips/2days. They changed the bracket the noise still there. They then tighten the heat shield.
* SES light: 4 trips/4days so far. They changed the MAF. Light came back. The CAT is on order. I hope that will be the end of this issue.
I didn't even bother with other things: glovebox, shimmy (fix myself), reardeck rattle (only happens w/my daughter's rappy music). I'm OK with all these mishaps as long as there is no out-of-pocket repair within the 1st 5 yrs. Or I just scratch the brand off my shopping list (I scratched off Mitsu, Toyota and Honda already after one try. Nissan has lasted three cars)