Dealership and Vendor Experiences Let other Maxima owners, or potential Maxima owners, which dealerships and shops you've had good or bad luck with.

Stealerships are "unbelievable"

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 07:23 PM
Wink. I'll do the rest.

Stealerships are "unbelievable"

Got a call today from Maroone FT Lauderdale Stealership and they wanted to "upgrade me" to a "brand new" Nissan car of my choice!
Oooh, how nice of them huh?

The worst part? Was the guys' sales pitch: "Oh, Mr. M---, I have another client who is looking for a vehicle exactly like yours, and if you come in I can give you a great deal on a new car". Unbelievable how people fall for these weak sales pitches....

Anyways, I know this is not the GT-R forum, but I asked him to call me as soon the GT-R is available. According to him, there will be a waiting list which should start at the end of this year! Can't wait! Sorry Maxima, it's been fun....
Old 05-19-2007, 09:26 PM

Yeah, dumb stealerships! The other day I was getting an oil change for the wife's car and just out of boredom I was looking at the used cars. So some jackal comes up to me talks my ear off. Then walks me over to the new cars (after I tell him repeatedly that I'm not interested) and he shows me an 07 Maxima and is all like, "what do you pay per month?" So I tell him $5xx and he's like, "what do you want to pay?" I tell him $300 and he's like, "You want to pay less than you're paying now for a brand new Maxima?" So I tell him curtly that I did not WANT a new car and he got the hint. These people are so stubborn.
Old 05-19-2007, 10:28 PM

that SAME dealership raped me on a new trunk mat TODAY...the one time I buy from them and not Dave B I get ****ed. They refused to return it even though it was their fault and I'm out $55.
Old 05-20-2007, 07:09 AM
Wink. I'll do the rest.

Originally Posted by slickrick
that SAME dealership raped me on a new trunk mat TODAY...the one time I buy from them and not Dave B I get ****ed. They refused to return it even though it was their fault and I'm out $55.
Slickrick, you must be talking about David Bass...
I only deal with him.
Nobody else.
Old 05-20-2007, 09:02 AM

Nah Dave B the orger who works at a dealership in Texas...Blake is a good guy in the parts dept., but he was not there when this happened. As far as the rest of the dealership, they wanted $400 for an o2 sensor + install. Thus, I won't waste my time driving by there eventhough I work 30 seconds away from it.
Old 05-20-2007, 10:11 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I just got letter "We need to aquire several pre-owned 2005 Nissan Maxima vehicles by 6/4/2007......blah blah blah....you can get up to 120% of Kelly Blue book...."

Thanks but no thanks. I'd like to get this car paid off and drive it for "free" for a while.
Old 05-20-2007, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by larsim
Got a call today from Maroone FT Lauderdale Stealership and they wanted to "upgrade me" to a "brand new" Nissan car of my choice!
Oooh, how nice of them huh?

The worst part? Was the guys' sales pitch: "Oh, Mr. M---, I have another client who is looking for a vehicle exactly like yours, and if you come in I can give you a great deal on a new car". Unbelievable how people fall for these weak sales pitches....

Anyways, I know this is not the GT-R forum, but I asked him to call me as soon the GT-R is available. According to him, there will be a waiting list which should start at the end of this year! Can't wait! Sorry Maxima, it's been fun....
Wow a GTR, that's a helluva upgrade. From what I hear that could be an 80,000 car. Love the car but wouldn't want that payment.
Old 05-21-2007, 05:35 AM

Some of the lines the dealers and sales staff use insult the buyer's/owner's intelligence.
My rule of thumb is to never visit a dealership after the sale except for warranty work.
Old 05-22-2007, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Apollos2
I just got letter "We need to aquire several pre-owned 2005 Nissan Maxima vehicles by 6/4/2007......blah blah blah....you can get up to 120% of Kelly Blue book...."

Thanks but no thanks. I'd like to get this car paid off and drive it for "free" for a while.
lol, I got that same dumb letter, twice now. Except I think mine mentioned something about a lack of quality used cars due to the after-effects of hurricane Katrina. These people must be quite desperate to get their numbers up.