Dealership and Vendor Experiences Let other Maxima owners, or potential Maxima owners, which dealerships and shops you've had good or bad luck with.

Got Scammed

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 08:19 AM
SmokinMaxSE

Got Scammed

Ok, I know it was stupid but I was not thinking right at the time. I purchased a 07-08 rear bumper from an item thats on Ebay. The user is theonlinebodyshop. Well I called them first for more info. The guy said he could get me a lower price if I placed the order not from Ebay but directly to them. So they sent me an invoice email with a Paypal order. I logged on to Paypal and sent the funds on friday January 27th. On Ebay they say it will ship within 5-10 buisness days and 1-4 days greyhound. As of tommorow it will be three weeks and they have not called me or sent me a shipping/tracking number. The number at the top in blue on ebay is disconnected. The number at the bottom for more info works. They keep telling me its going to ship today or tommorow. They don't refer to an invoice or order number,they just ask "what did you order" and they say "oh yeah it's going to ship soon".

Here is the ebay link........ http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-...spagenameZWD1V

Please don't order anything from them. I put a investigation in with Paypal but this can take 30days for me to get my funds back!
Old 03-19-2009, 11:49 AM

holy crap dude, your grammer is amazing.. i had to read it twice to fully understand what you were saying..

i love how the seller's avatar is trust a power seller...
Old 03-19-2009, 11:51 AM

their feedback is excellent, although i did notice the few that left negative feedback did indeed get their product very, very slowly...i guess you were just the unlucky one this time around...
Old 03-19-2009, 01:51 PM

Thats weird how he's been a member since 02 but his score is only like 1701
Been scammed on ebay b4 too...sorry to hear
Old 03-19-2009, 03:18 PM
SmokinMaxSE

Originally Posted by choiiiiiiiiiii
holy crap dude, your grammer is amazing.. i had to read it twice to fully understand what you were saying..

i love how the seller's avatar is trust a power seller...

Sorry about the grammer. Had so much to say but i get tired of typing.
Old 03-19-2009, 03:22 PM
SmokinMaxSE

Update

theonlinebodyshop finally contacted me after three weeks. The first time ever. The guy sounded like he was on crack. "Oh we got your bumper ready to ship". He said it's so huge they had to wait on a greyhound bus with plenty of room. Then he plays stupid as goes "and by the way we can't ship until you remove the hold on paypal. Put a hold on the money and they play by the rules.
Old 03-19-2009, 03:49 PM

Same thing happened to me on a set of wheels for my truck from RVM on ebay. Then they said they didnt even stock the rims I ordered. 9 weeks and a threatening lawyer later I finally got my money back
Old 03-20-2009, 06:01 AM

If I were you I'd just forget it and get my money back. If it took longer than 10 days to ship they should have called you back immediately to let you know. That way you could have decided if you wanted to go thru with the order or not. Cancel it and look somewhere else.
Old 03-20-2009, 08:15 AM

That sucks but paypal will protect you in the end if the seller cant prove receipt of delivery. Scamming is apart of the game though I got scammed once on ebay someone sold me a 3 disc bluray collection sealed and everything opened the shrink wrap and nothing was inside and I had nothing to prove it lol
Old 03-22-2009, 03:50 PM

Hope you get your bumper back soon.
Old 03-22-2009, 04:02 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

grammer is spelled grammar. lol but that blows i know how you feel it has been four weeks since i ordered a set of wheels and they said they finally got them in and the rear wheels dont match the front in color. im starting to get worried because it seems like a bunch of bs.
Old 03-24-2009, 09:59 PM

Hope all goes well with the bumper, I find it very sketchy buying auto parts on ebay =\
Old 04-05-2009, 12:21 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

man i paid 1800 for the rear bumper from nissan! sounds like they just took longer 2 ship, i would take that over paying 4 times as much any day and at least you got it, so they werent scamming then. iwonder how they match witout blending, dealership told me it had to be blended but yours matches..grrr
Old 04-05-2009, 08:40 PM

i wouldnt go thru with it either. To hell with them.!
Old 04-06-2009, 08:59 AM

note taht if you remove the hold, you cannot get your money back again. because it means everything has been resolved and if they decide not to ship again, your **** out of luck. anyhow, this is why i always pay with a credit card also, you can call your credit card company and do a charge back. Simple as that.
Old 04-06-2009, 11:12 AM

Thanx^^
Old 04-06-2009, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by ImmaSquashYou
note that if you remove the hold, you cannot get your money back again. because it means everything has been resolved and if they decide not to ship again, your **** out of luck. anyhow, this is why i always pay with a credit card also, you can call your credit card company and do a charge back. Simple as that.
Good info man, I certainly didn't know that and since I use paypal so infrequently this is extremely helpful.
Old 04-06-2009, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by ImmaSquashYou
note taht if you remove the hold, you cannot get your money back again. because it means everything has been resolved and if they decide not to ship again, your **** out of luck. anyhow, this is why i always pay with a credit card also, you can call your credit card company and do a charge back. Simple as that.
Very good advice.

Tell them that you'll agree to remove the hold as soon as you get the item shipped to you or at the very least a tracking number that shows the item has been sent. Don't settle for the "Electronically verified for shipping" crap status either. Make sure the package is "In Transit" before you take your paypal hold off.