Dealership and Vendor Experiences Let other Maxima owners, or potential Maxima owners, which dealerships and shops you've had good or bad luck with.

Bad experiences with Star Nissan

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 01:10 PM

Bad experiences with Star Nissan

Has anyone else had a negative experience with Star Nissan in Queens?

I don't know about the dealership/sales department, but their service department is terrible. The first time you bring your car in for something small, like an oil change, they try to sell you stuff and say "you need a transmission flush, spark plugs, coolant change, etc." even if those have been recently done.

Seriously - do they even check your car before trying to sell you unnecessary services? I had the common ignition coil problem, immediately they said "all 6 coils had to be replaced." Also, when going in for a muffler replacement, they insisted that all the pipes from the catalytic converter back had to be changed, even though they were not rusted.

Finally, the job they did on the muffler was horrible (kept rattling and sounded like it was loose). They said they could not figure out the problem. Huh?

I will never go back to them again.
Old 04-04-2009, 06:11 PM

I got that same vibe from most dealerships in the past, including Star Nissan, which is why I try and avoid bringing my car there for service. Its much better to get a mechanic you are familiar with and trust then to get raped at the dealer. You will save money and have peace of mind.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by DEENYCE718
Its much better to get a mechanic you are familiar with and trust then to get raped at the dealer. You will save money and have peace of mind.
I've been to a few different mechanics and after spending lots of $$$ I think I should learn how to do repairs myself.
Old 05-21-2009, 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by maximadudeIIs
Has anyone else had a negative experience with Star Nissan in Queens?

I don't know about the dealership/sales department, but their service department is terrible. The first time you bring your car in for something small, like an oil change, they try to sell you stuff and say "you need a transmission flush, spark plugs, coolant change, etc." even if those have been recently done.

Seriously - do they even check your car before trying to sell you unnecessary services? I had the common ignition coil problem, immediately they said "all 6 coils had to be replaced." Also, when going in for a muffler replacement, they insisted that all the pipes from the catalytic converter back had to be changed, even though they were not rusted.

Finally, the job they did on the muffler was horrible (kept rattling and sounded like it was loose). They said they could not figure out the problem. Huh?

I will never go back to them again.
i trust the guys at Atlantic Nissan in West Islip. there good. ive been going there for almost 10 years since i bought the car from there.
Old 01-21-2010, 04:37 PM

I would never go back.
Old 02-23-2010, 01:13 PM

I had a Horrible experience at Star check my post, I was pissssed!
Old 02-23-2010, 05:55 PM

i had a bad experience at koeppel nissan on northern blvd it took them a month to get my transmission right and then my hood was damaged during the installation ...im currently looking for a ASE certified shop in queens nyc to do my suspension overhaul.any ideas?
Old 02-23-2010, 06:17 PM

Star Nissan is only good for parts!!
Old 03-02-2010, 12:33 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by nismomaxgtr18
Star Nissan is only good for parts!!
Well thats at best they have ****ty customer service for parts dept regardless, this is why I do my own work, but if you guys need a good mechanic I know one guy he's good, cheap and reliable. Thats the only guy who I let touch my cars