northern cali orgers, good experience w/ San Leandro Nissan, Randy Moore parts manger - Maxima Forums

Dealership and Vendor Experiences Let other Maxima owners, or potential Maxima owners, which dealerships and shops you've had good or bad luck with.

northern cali orgers, good experience w/ San Leandro Nissan, Randy Moore parts manger

Old 02-27-2014, 03:04 PM   #1  

northern cali orgers, good experience w/ San Leandro Nissan, Randy Moore parts manger

Always forget the larger majority of members are out in the central and eastern areas, until i need help for install. But for the small minority of org'ers in the west, particularly in northern cali, here's a nissan factory parts manager that i believe will save you a nice chunk.

San Leandro Nissan Parts, (866) 392-4499 ask for Randy Moore, he's the parts manager. Good customer service, accurate with parts numbers and honest, that all it takes to get my busine$$ for a long time. He told me what msrp was for each part, spot on. Other dealers ie, one in fremont, one marin was charging $5 and $15 over msrp, and then offering me msrp as if they were doing me a favor:I Didn't even bother to see what's under the rock and get clobbered at downtown san francisco nor downtown oakland.

Randy offered me a 10% discount over the phone on parts, unless i was a shop/business. Unfortunately, i reluctantly said i was a low down dirty garage mechanic BUT i was part of Maxima.org When I got there to the parts department in person, did some idle chit chat, he took a look at my pricing sheet that i printed out from Tri-cities Nissan (www.nisssanpartsasap.com).

Long story short, gave me 25% off total parts. Wanted me to know that he's willing to earn my business and be competitive with the other dealers, even the online ones, which he believes is unfair. I told him i appreciated his customer service, willingness to negotiate and will say a good word or two about his department on the org.

i purchased the 2004 parts, 2 (front/back) valve covers and 2 gaskets.

marin nissan = $50+/each vc + $20 gaskets/each ~= $152 after taxes

fremont " = $42+/each vc + $15 gaskets/each ~= $124 after taxes

tri-cities = $28.38/each vc +~$10 gaskets/each ~=$83 after ship

san leandro " = $29.57/each vc + ~$10 gaskets/each = $80.61 exactly

Last edited by zenjia 03merlot; 02-27-2014 at 03:12 PM.
zenjia 03merlot is offline   Reply With Quote