Dealership and Vendor Experiences Let other Maxima owners, or potential Maxima owners, which dealerships and shops you've had good or bad luck with.

Who's used Service Dept at Quirk Nissan in Braintree, MA? My visit...

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2002, 02:13 PM

Who's used Service Dept at Quirk Nissan in Braintree, MA? My visit...

I went to Quirk today about the brake judder problem. My car has 15600 on it now. I talked to Stephen Degrazia, Service Consultant.

I told him I wanted to schedule brake service for my car, I had been experiencing a brake judder problem and that I thought there was a problem with the rotors.

He asked how many miles I had on the car and if it had been in for service before. I told him I bought the car from them one year ago and it had just passed 15K miles. He then tried his best to sell me the $150 15K mile service. I said I wasn't interested, I could do most of the service myself, and he proceeded to tell me that my car might need an alignment and tire rotation. I said that I hadn't noticed any alignment problem, and he told me you can't tell because a FWD car wouldn't pull to the side, so I just said that I hadn't seen any abnormal tire wear. He dropped that issue. He sounded surprised that I could do an oil change, filter changes, and tire rotation all by myself. I guess he thinks checking fluid levels takes a lot of skill too.

I repeated that I wanted to schedule an appointment to fix the brake problem. He said I could drop the car off for a whole day and they would see if there was a problem. I told him that I KNEW there was a rotor problem and that it shouldn't take a day to diagnose and fix. They don't schedule appointments, since they don't know what order they'll do the cars or how long it'll take. They don't offer loaner cars for that but they offer rentals for $40/day.

I asked him if he knew of any problems with the brakes on the Maxima.
He denied knowing of a problem.
I asked him if he could see if there was a TSB on the problem.
He couldn't do that.
I showed him the TSB number I had written on a piece of paper and I asked him if he could find it.
He couldn't do that, the only person who dealt with TSBs and could find them is the Service Manager, who was not there.
I asked him if there had been any other owners that had come in with a similar problem.
He denied knowing of any other people that had this problem.

Stephen was courteous the whole time, but he was not helpful, since he claims he had no knowledge of the brake TSB. He was also not very resourceful in that he couldn't look up the TSB. Now, either he's lying or he's just trying to make money off of me, or both. It's a shame that Quirk doesn't have better service personnel. I think I'll try Frost.
Old 02-16-2002, 07:24 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Dude, I know this will be out of the way for you but I've recommended org members to go to Cambridge Nissan. I'll never take my car to another dealership while I'm living in MA. I know the guys that run the bodyshop there. Trust me, you'll be happy with their service and they take appointments.
Old 02-17-2002, 07:55 AM

i always go to quirk in Braintree.. i think they do a great job, and if something is wrong, go back, and they WILL fix and stand behind their work. my dad just bought his new max there (again) too. i got all my brakes done last summer, new rotors and pads all around (155,000 on the car or so then) and they did a great job, one made a little noise, so i took it in, they did their thing to fix it. anywho, i think they know their stuff, better than any other i have really seen. goodluck

Hall
Old 02-17-2002, 04:58 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by deezo
Dude, I know this will be out of the way for you but I've recommended org members to go to Cambridge Nissan. I'll never take my car to another dealership while I'm living in MA. I know the guys that run the bodyshop there. Trust me, you'll be happy with their service and they take appointments.
I've had my experiences with Cambridge Nissan and I guess their service isn't too bad but when it comes to trouble shooting and getting your car back when promised I wouldn't count on it.
Also the asian Service Writer that works there isn't too knowledgeable about cars because after they had worked on my car and I drove off with it, the car kept stalling at the lights and I called them from my cell phone and I asked the SW if the car was stalling because they had my battery disconnected and he said " No disconnnecting your battery wouldn't make your car do that" So i was ok thanks good bye and after the car stalled at another 2 lights the car was fine. I guess the car just needed to relearn how to idle, oh well shows just how much he knows.
Old 02-23-2002, 05:58 AM
FJC

Re: Who's used Service Dept at Quirk Nissan in Braintree, MA? My visit...

Originally posted by ru4real
I went to Quirk today about the brake judder problem. My car has 15600 on it now. I talked to Stephen Degrazia, Service Consultant.

I told him I wanted to schedule brake service for my car, I had been experiencing a brake judder problem and that I thought there was a problem with the rotors.

He asked how many miles I had on the car and if it had been in for service before. I told him I bought the car from them one year ago and it had just passed 15K miles. He then tried his best to sell me the $150 15K mile service. I said I wasn't interested, I could do most of the service myself, and he proceeded to tell me that my car might need an alignment and tire rotation. I said that I hadn't noticed any alignment problem, and he told me you can't tell because a FWD car wouldn't pull to the side, so I just said that I hadn't seen any abnormal tire wear. He dropped that issue. He sounded surprised that I could do an oil change, filter changes, and tire rotation all by myself. I guess he thinks checking fluid levels takes a lot of skill too.

I repeated that I wanted to schedule an appointment to fix the brake problem. He said I could drop the car off for a whole day and they would see if there was a problem. I told him that I KNEW there was a rotor problem and that it shouldn't take a day to diagnose and fix. They don't schedule appointments, since they don't know what order they'll do the cars or how long it'll take. They don't offer loaner cars for that but they offer rentals for $40/day.

I asked him if he knew of any problems with the brakes on the Maxima.
He denied knowing of a problem.
I asked him if he could see if there was a TSB on the problem.
He couldn't do that.
I showed him the TSB number I had written on a piece of paper and I asked him if he could find it.
He couldn't do that, the only person who dealt with TSBs and could find them is the Service Manager, who was not there.
I asked him if there had been any other owners that had come in with a similar problem.
He denied knowing of any other people that had this problem.

Stephen was courteous the whole time, but he was not helpful, since he claims he had no knowledge of the brake TSB. He was also not very resourceful in that he couldn't look up the TSB. Now, either he's lying or he's just trying to make money off of me, or both. It's a shame that Quirk doesn't have better service personnel. I think I'll try Frost.
He sounds like a jerkoff. Find out where he lives...
Old 02-23-2002, 07:53 AM

Re: Re: Who's used Service Dept at Quirk Nissan in Braintree, MA? My visit...

I got my brakes fixed yesterday at Frost Nissan. Totally different experience than Quirk.
First, I talked to a woman there on the phone and she scheduled an appointment for me after I described the problem and mentioned the TSB. I went in at 9:30am, a service consultant took my info, I described the problem again, didn't have to mention the TSB, and they got to work in a few minutes. After fifteen minutes, another service guy comes over and tells me that the rotors are in terrible shape so they're just going to replace the front rotors and pads. I get the car back around 10:30am. He said the front pads were 80% worn so I might want to get aftermarket pads if the new set doesn't last. He compliments me on the HID headlights. I'm out of there.
I'm going back there for anything else.
Old 02-23-2002, 12:20 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by BottleFedMax

I've had my experiences with Cambridge Nissan and I guess their service isn't too bad but when it comes to trouble shooting and getting your car back when promised I wouldn't count on it.
Also the asian Service Writer that works there isn't too knowledgeable about cars because after they had worked on my car and I drove off with it, the car kept stalling at the lights and I called them from my cell phone and I asked the SW if the car was stalling because they had my battery disconnected and he said " No disconnnecting your battery wouldn't make your car do that" So i was ok thanks good bye and after the car stalled at another 2 lights the car was fine. I guess the car just needed to relearn how to idle, oh well shows just how much he knows.
He probably doesn't work there anymore either.