Dealership and Vendor Experiences Let other Maxima owners, or potential Maxima owners, which dealerships and shops you've had good or bad luck with.

CustomMaxima.com: Bad Service, Possible Rip-Off of Customers

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2002, 10:40 AM

I ordered from Greg a 3times and it turn out to
be great: good email communication and fast shipping and the
price is pretty good. Greg, we are 100% behind you.
Old 02-26-2002, 10:43 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I wear the www.custommaxima.com sticker with pride on my car because I know what it stands for.
Old 03-01-2002, 01:22 PM

I've bought shocks and springs from Greg, and recevied the correct parts in a timely manner, in addition, he gave great customer service, I wrote him an e-mail about my order and he went out his way to not only answer my e-mail but give me some advice on intakes as well. Next wait to talk to the man before ******* him on the org.

Clayton
Old 03-02-2002, 12:11 PM

You know, it sounds like it's greg's providers that are at fault here. They sent him the wrong corners and he was under the impression they were correct. So... I believe if anyone should be getting flamed it should be his providers. I haven't got anything from him but if i ever need anything thats on his site (and i'm pretty sure i will) i will definately get it from him. He has the best prices i've seen and from all of these posts i've read has very good service.
Old 03-03-2002, 06:50 PM
Custommaxima.com

I love you guys!!! You should see the new goodies I am working on getting you all. Your gonna love them. HINT HINT: Diamond Cut Corner lights (the lights on the sides of the 4th gen headlights) I will be the only one that will be importing them too.

Old 03-04-2002, 09:23 AM

sweet!
Old 03-05-2002, 01:16 PM

More defense of Greg....After reading the begining of this thread, I was worried about the order I placed for Diamond bumpers....I emailed Greg around 11 am.... And at 2 pm that same day he had written back and updated me on my order....I dont call that bad service...Before you openly flame someone like this, talk to them....Greg doesnt need people to question his business becasue you had a problem...Keep up the good work Greg !!!And dont let this thread scare anybody away from ordering from custommaxima.com !!!
Old 03-06-2002, 01:34 PM

3rd Generation mess

I've never ordered from CustomMaxima.com, but I've been planning to get the 3rd Gen., Indiglo Gauges. I was so stoked when I saw that they were selling them because no one else does!! And at a good price too!! I'm also plannin on getting the shift ****. Anyways, they should try to get some more 3rd Gen., headlight/taillight conversions. That would be super sweet Good enough as they are though (the company)
Old 03-06-2002, 05:45 PM

too gullible

no offense to greg because he is giving us cool parts but some of you sound really gullible from this auto modding business. ever goot teh typical auto performance store? they kiss your a*S until you buy it. business is business
Old 03-07-2002, 05:28 AM

I recently asked Greg a question about Random Cat. Converter and he got back to me almost immediately and I placed an order for the Cat AND Diamond Clears... I'm all giddy...
Old 03-14-2002, 08:24 AM

OK - First off we join forums so we can express ourselves. I Love the backup that Greg is getting but guess what? Not all transactions go well. Its ok to Backup CUSTOMMAXIMA.COM but don't knock the guy for attempting to warn us either. I have unsresolved issues with Greg too and I did create a "warning" thread. If all threads were about how great CustomMaxima.com and everyone is happy and life is perfect well that would be BULL would'nt it? Forums are for opinions, gripes, concerns and especially experiences. Imagine a newbie reading how great Greg's business was and his first experience was horrible? Thats newbie would think that our wonderful forum here is full of tish. Support all you want but realize that you may eventually be in our shoes!!!! My 3 Cents!!!!
Old 03-14-2002, 08:43 AM

Originally posted by pawn
sweet!
PAWN,

Sweet MAX DUDE!!!! How far did you lower it and what did you use to lower it?
Old 03-14-2002, 08:48 AM

Originally posted by Custommaxima.com

I love you guys!!! You should see the new goodies I am working on getting you all. Your gonna love them. HINT HINT: Diamond Cut Corner lights (the lights on the sides of the 4th gen headlights) I will be the only one that will be importing them too.
Greg,

Are you offering those new goodies for free? - LOL!!! Also, why don't I get the stickers your site says it will give with orders over 100 bucks? I am impressed with the amount of love you get on this site. I'm sure you moving to the new wharehouse explains all these issues. Put a warning message on your site bro! Also, you owe me a few stickers!!!!
Old 03-14-2002, 08:55 AM

Originally posted by Phoenix25

PAWN,

Sweet MAX DUDE!!!! How far did you lower it and what did you use to lower it?
its fake
Old 03-14-2002, 08:57 AM

I thought he said that the Weapon R/ KONI combo dropped his car like that.

Originally posted by wicked1044

its fake
Old 03-14-2002, 09:20 AM

Originally posted by wicked1044

its fake
Is it really? LOL!!! ROTFL!!!
Old 03-14-2002, 09:27 AM

I think it's real, he's told me it's real. And I know my car goes that low also when I slam it all the way.

Is it really? LOL!!! ROTFL!!!
Old 03-14-2002, 09:39 AM

Originally posted by Shadow
I think it's real, he's told me it's real. And I know my car goes that low also when I slam it all the way.

How did you lower yours? How's the ride? Thinking of lowering mine but I'm lost!!!! Whats the best cheapest way?
Old 03-19-2002, 06:14 AM

After 4 months of waiting I get the wrong lights too!!!!

Yup... Just when I thought all would be well after a full months guess what? I got the wrong damn lights!!!! BULL-TIHS!!!! I am sooo ticked!!! Just like other recent complaints I got stock clear replacements. uggggggghhhhh! I am so PO'ed that I'm just giving up on Greg and Custommaxima.com!!! I don't want a refund or replacement... I'm afraid of finding out that it will take another month to replace them... PATHETIC!!!! Go ahead and blame his suppliers but I cannot choose who his suppliers are he does!!!! Its called QC
Old 03-19-2002, 06:39 AM

Re: After 4 months of waiting I get the wrong lights too!!!!

Yup... Just when I thought all would be well after a full months guess what? I got the wrong damn lights!!!! BULL-TIHS!!!! I am sooo ticked!!! Just like other recent complaints I got stock clear replacements. uggggggghhhhh! I am so PO'ed that I'm just giving up on Greg and Custommaxima.com!!! I don't want a refund or replacement... I'm afraid of finding out that it will take another month to replace them... PATHETIC!!!! Go ahead and blame his suppliers but I cannot choose who his suppliers are he does!!!! Its called QC
I most certaily feel ripped off!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-19-2002, 07:22 AM
Custommaxima.com

It is impossible for you to have received the standard clear ones if you ordered the Diamond cut bumper lights. That confusion was solved months ago. I been sending out hundreds of the REAL diamond cut bumper lights and everyone tells me they look great. If you received the wrong ones then it is because the box was mis-marked at the factory. All you have to do is email me about it and I will be happy to send you a replacement.

Problem solved.

Old 03-19-2002, 08:53 AM

Problem solved my a$$!!!!

Originally posted by Custommaxima.com
It is impossible for you to have received the standard clear ones if you ordered the Diamond cut bumper lights. That confusion was solved months ago. I been sending out hundreds of the REAL diamond cut bumper lights and everyone tells me they look great. If you received the wrong ones then it is because the box was mis-marked at the factory. All you have to do is email me about it and I will be happy to send you a replacement.

Problem solved.
If it did'nt take you damn month to get the wrong ones to begin with I would take you up on that offer. Going forward just make sure you send out what people pay for. Now that you have a little history (months ago) with incorrectly labled boxes you should have been inspecting them prior to shipping. I cannot choose who your suppliers are, you certaily can. A little QC goes a long way you know. This would save both time and aggrivation on both parts. Email??? Have you replied to the ones I sent you about two weeks ago??? NO and No thanks!! I'll just sell mine and try to get the correct corners from somewhere else thank you very little!
Old 03-19-2002, 12:17 PM
Custommaxima.com

Well it is up to you whatever avenue you want to take. I am offering to help you out and send you a new set. If you change your mind you can email me. I never got any emails from you and even just double checked to see if I could find any that got accidently overlooked. Anything else i can do for you just let me know.
Thanks
Greg
www.CustomMaxima.com

Old 03-19-2002, 01:19 PM

MAN O MAN LEAVE GREGG ALONE!!!!

LISTEN EVERYONE....NOBODY INTENDS TO DO ANYTHING ON PURPOSE, PEOPLE MAKE MISTAKES, NOBODY IS PERFECT....SO PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU START TALKING ISH ABOUT GREGG...HE'S A NICE GUY, AND A GREAT PERSON....GIVE THE GUY SOME CREDIT.....HES A HARD WORKER, WHO DOES HIS BEST TO SATISFY EVEYBODY OUT THERE...SO EVEYONE WHO'S TALKING *HIT.....YOU SHOULD TALK TO GREGG BEFORE POSTING ANYTHING, AND RESOLVE IT ON YOUR OWN.....YA STUPID IDIOTS!!!

IGNORE THESE IDIOTS GREGG....LOL

CHRIS...(NYMJAYJAY'S BOY)
Old 03-19-2002, 03:48 PM

i ordered 800 dollars worth of shizzy and got it in two days with no ***** ups....greg is the man
Old 03-19-2002, 04:08 PM

Stop your bit$hing

Greg is doing this all as a service to us, he does not have an obligation to do this, remember that. I have ordered a RSB and clears for my car and it got here very promptly.

Keep up the good work, Greg
Old 03-20-2002, 04:37 PM

Re: Stop your bit$hing

Originally posted by Cutlr7
Greg is doing this all as a service to us, he does not have an obligation to do this, remember that. I have ordered a RSB and clears for my car and it got here very promptly.

Keep up the good work, Greg
I'm glad things worked out for you. I know Greg would not get this much backing if he screwed up every order. Put yourself in my shoes. I know that a lot of my postings were me venting but I do think I have a point. In any event, I sold the item I got and soon will be ordering a replacement at a $35 loss on my part. What can I do? I love my Max! If you ***** up the plans for my Max and take your sweet time to fix the ***** up I bit$h. Thats what this forum is for!!!!
Old 03-20-2002, 04:51 PM

STOP YOUR CRYING

Would You All Stop Crying about The Damn Clears....I've never seen sooo many people B**CH about something so small....Gregg has already explained what had happened and is doing his best to solve and fix this problem.... get on with your lives and go buy somewhere else if your not satisfied with the way Gregg does his work...There are some people out there who B**CH about the smallest things, and you people know who you are SO JUST GET OVER IT!!!!ITS STUPID....I Personally think that you all are ganging up on him for a stupid little thing...hes doing his best to fix it, and its not his fault!!!!!JUST GET OVER IT AND GROW UP ALL YOU LITTLE BABIES>>>HE"S HUMAN, AND DOES MAKE MISTAKES TOO.....IM SORRY IF YOU NEVER MADE A MISTAKE IN YOUR LIFE BEFORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PEACEOUT GREGG,
ChRiS FrOm Bpt,CONNECTICUT!!!!

Old 03-20-2002, 06:21 PM

Re: STOP YOUR CRYING

Would You All Stop Crying about The Damn Clears....I've never seen sooo many people B**CH about something so small....Gregg has already explained what had happened and is doing his best to solve and fix this problem.... get on with your lives and go buy somewhere else if your not satisfied with the way Gregg does his work...There are some people out there who B**CH about the smallest things, and you people know who you are SO JUST GET OVER IT!!!!ITS STUPID....I Personally think that you all are ganging up on him for a stupid little thing...hes doing his best to fix it, and its not his fault!!!!!JUST GET OVER IT AND GROW UP ALL YOU LITTLE BABIES>>>HE"S HUMAN, AND DOES MAKE MISTAKES TOO.....IM SORRY IF YOU NEVER MADE A MISTAKE IN YOUR LIFE BEFORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PEACEOUT GREGG,
ChRiS FrOm Bpt,CONNECTICUT!!!!

Funny how the most illiterate people try to get a short point accross in 500 hundred five letter words or more! I must admit "Personally" is a pretty big word for you. Thanks for your input DOOFUS I must say I needed the laugh! PEACE OUT BRAVA! - ROTFL - Its all in good FUN
Old 03-20-2002, 06:44 PM

Re: Re: STOP YOUR CRYING

HA HA HA.."DOOFUS"...LOOKS LIKE YOUR THE ONLY "DOOFUS" HERE SO AS I HAD SAID EARLIER STOP YOUR CRYING, AND SHUT YOUR FACE!!!
I "PERSONALLY" THINK YOUR A WORTHLESS PIECE OF *ISH, BUT THATS MY "PERSONAL" OPINION! SOOOO GET ON WITH YOUR LIFE AND QUIT YOUR BI***ING, GET OVER IT MR.PHOENIX25

"FUN AND GAMES"
Old 03-21-2002, 02:10 AM

O.K., now we are back to Junior High School. Name calling and personel attacks have no place in this forum. This is the type of behavior that gives "Newbies & "Lurkers" bad names. Come on guys keep it on a mature level.
Also micahdc, you started all of this, and you said you would update us as to how things worked out. We have not heard from you, is there an ending to this story ?
Old 03-21-2002, 04:12 AM

HA HA...YOUR RIGHT

Originally posted by MaineMax
O.K., now we are back to Junior High School. Name calling and personel attacks have no place in this forum. This is the type of behavior that gives "Newbies & "Lurkers" bad names. Come on guys keep it on a mature level.
Also micahdc, you started all of this, and you said you would update us as to how things worked out. We have not heard from you, is there an ending to this story ?
YOUR RIGHT MAINE MAX...I AGREE WITH YOU,ILL BE THE MATURE ONE, AND END THE "JUNIOR HIGH" BEHAVIOR NOW!

JUST REMEMBER Phoenix25, IM THE MATUERE ONE!!! AND micahdc WHAT EVER DID HAPPEN...LET US KNOW, AND END IT NOW!!!!!!!

CHRIS
Old 03-21-2002, 04:46 AM
Maxima.org Sponsor and Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: HA HA...YOUR RIGHT

Originally posted by MAXXIMIZEDMAX97

YOUR RIGHT MAINE MAX...I AGREE WITH YOU,ILL BE THE MATURE ONE, AND END THE "JUNIOR HIGH" BEHAVIOR NOW!

JUST REMEMBER Phoenix25, IM THE MATUERE ONE!!! AND micahdc WHAT EVER DID HAPPEN...LET US KNOW, AND END IT NOW!!!!!!!

CHRIS
you know what would be really matrue, look at your keyboard to the left side and UNCLICK CAPS LOCK. thank you
Old 03-21-2002, 05:55 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: HA HA...YOUR RIGHT

Originally posted by dmbmaxima88

you know what would be really matrue, look at your keyboard to the left side and UNCLICK CAPS LOCK. thank you
HI STEVE!
Old 03-21-2002, 07:00 AM

Re: HA HA...YOUR RIGHT

Originally posted by MAXXIMIZEDMAX97

CHRIS
My apologies bro. Sometimes I think I'm being funny and I'm not. Sorry! I truly was thinking it was all in good fun. I'm on this forum to stay so I don't want to be labled anything. Sorry guys! I too would really like to know the outcome of his situation.
Old 03-21-2002, 07:03 AM
Custommaxima.com

MicahDC never seemed to reply to this thread after he initially posted. Oh well I answered his questions.

Old 03-21-2002, 04:13 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor and Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: HA HA...YOUR RIGHT

My apologies bro. Sometimes I think I'm being funny and I'm not. Sorry! I truly was thinking it was all in good fun. I'm on this forum to stay so I don't want to be labled anything. Sorry guys! I too would really like to know the outcome of his situation.

thank you

-steve
Old 03-21-2002, 07:11 PM

Re: Re: Re: HA HA...YOUR RIGHT

Originally posted by dmbmaxima88

thank you

-steve

GoodSh*T Steve....Let's Just All Get Along With Eachother..Act Like Adult's, And Do What's Meant To Be Done Here.....TALK MAXIMA"S ONLY!!!!!EVERYONE HAVE A NICE DAY!
Everything Is Cool Man ~~>(Phoenix25)..we both kinda acted like little kids....Ahhh welll S*it happens

Peaceout ..CHRIS
Old 03-21-2002, 09:53 PM

Re: CustomMaxima.com: Bad Service, Possible Rip-Off of Customers

I ordered some parts from him recently. Once piece was defective and not up to the standard I had hoped. He didn't give me any problem with the return, and cut me a check for the refund promptly. I too do a side business with mail order (not auto related), and I know what it is to be swamped. Contact him directly, give him a chance.