Dealership and Vendor Experiences Let other Maxima owners, or potential Maxima owners, which dealerships and shops you've had good or bad luck with.

CustomMaxima.com: Bad Service, Possible Rip-Off of Customers

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2002, 04:38 PM

CustomMaxima.com: Bad Service, Possible Rip-Off of Customers

First, let me say that I have NOT contacted Greg at CustomMaxima.com before posting this. So, he hasn't had a chance to defend himself or explain the situation, but I felt like this needed to be said, so I'm going to go ahead and post this. I'll contact Greg shortly and keep everyone updated.

Back in September I got a set of regular clears for my car from Courtesty Nissan. About a month after I got them, a girl backed into me and broke one clear. I decided to replace them with diamond cut clears. So, I ordered a pair from Greg at CustomMaxima.com. When I found out he was sold out, I called him and left a message and e-mailed him to cancel my order. I got absolutely no response (really bad business in my opinion), and no money, so I figured the order still stood. I didn't make an issue of it since it seemed everyone was sold out of the diamond cut clears anyway. So I waited and waited and waited for the set.

Well, I finally got my "diamond cut" clears yesterday after three months of waiting. Only, they aren't diamond cut. They're the exact same clears that I got from Courtesy Nissan back in September. Absolutely no difference. (And yes, I've seen diamond cut clears in person before -- I know what they look like). Not only that, but both pairs were for the same side of the car. To say the least, I'm pretty f*cking displeased.

I understand that Greg's been under a lot of pressure, and I'm sure he's busting his a$$ to try and get the clears out to everyone, but I suspect that in an effort to do so, he's sending people regular clears in place of diamond cut clears and not telling people the difference. I say this because in another thread, NYCe MaXiMa posted a couple pics of his "diamond cut" clears, and they aren't diamond cut. They're regular ones, just like the set that I got. Check out the thread here:

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?threadid=97861

As I said before, I haven't spoken with Greg, so I don't know if this was a mistake that he happened to make twice (with me and NYCe MaXiMa), and he hasn't had a chance to explain. But I think Greg's doing bad business and duping the Maxima community because he doesn't want to lose all the money he made off selling the diamond cut clears he didn't and, I suspect, still doesn't have.

I'm going to try and get in touch with Greg even though that seems to be about as difficult as trying to have a one-on-one with the president. If I can manage to speak with him, I'll let you know how it goes. Expect updates.
Old 02-16-2002, 04:53 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

well ive ordered from him...no problems here
Old 02-16-2002, 04:53 PM

if you havent talked to him, then why are you posting this? Seems unfair to me. Maybe it was just a mistake and mistakes often happen.

DPW
Old 02-16-2002, 04:57 PM

I wouldn't jump the gun that quickly. Many people have been satisfied with Greg at CustomMaxima.com. He has gone out of his way to get deals for us. I am sure he is busy with school and everything plus his computer crashed a few months ago. I would have suggested that you waited for a response before you posted this (no flame intended). It could be a mistake, he's human.
Old 02-16-2002, 04:57 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

I don't know about all that... check out my sig, yea they are the regular clears as it has been established. It's weird that Greg didn't notice that these are regulars when he got the shipment in, but maybe he just didn't even open them to check them out, or at least they look close enough whatever.... Either way, I highly doubt he did this purposely, it does suck that it's been 3-4 months wait, and I paid 55$ or whatever it was for regular clears, but he did offer to take them back and give a refund. I am sure he is taking a lot of heat for it now and is doing a lot to try and resolve this.... I think I'm going to return them, i can get these same clears for 20$ used, and besides, I'd really like diamond cut. I don't think custommaxima.com is trying to rip people off, it's an unfortunate mistake and problem with the distributor/manufacturer, it sucks but what happened, happened.. Custommaxima.com has been around for a little bit now and there have been very very little, if any complaints so far..
Old 02-16-2002, 05:03 PM
Maxima owner since 2000

so tell me, other than the clears, what have you ordered from Greg? if the clears are the only thing you've ordered from him, then you are pretty damn stupid of creating this thread. i've ordered from numorous places and many of them have messed up a couple times. now, if you have read the threads prior to the one you mentioned, you know know that Greg spent the whole day that friday to ship out the clears as soon as he got them. i believe he had a doctors appointment which he canceled just to send the clears out. he also trusted his supplier when they said the clears were diamond cut, but he could've spent the time to open a box to confirm they were diamond cut. although, if you were in Greg's position, you'd also want to get rid of the clears as fast as you can so the whole clear corners nightmare would end. i know there are others out there who would love to add on to my argument, but in conclusion, if i was you, i'd delete this thread you created and save the embarrassment.
Old 02-16-2002, 05:10 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I beg to differ...

I ordered an FSTB and RSB from Greg and I recieved excellent service as well as the exact advertised product. Those damn clear corners have created a huge problem for all the sellers including Greg (which is why I don't have them), and I agree with the other people - unless you have ordered other things from Greg and had problems, this thread is useless. Contact him and work the problem out, and until you do you should delete this thread.
-Cyrus
Old 02-16-2002, 05:12 PM

I have also ordered my diamond cut clear corners from Greg during the summer...i have had absolutely NO problems with him, and VERY VERY pleased with the product and service...it came on time and day that he had told me, no problems at all..

and after hearing about other peoples experience such as waiting like 3 months and receiving regular clears, yah i would be pi$$ed too, but i think he has made a mistake, and HAS offered everyone a refund, let him do his job...relax
Old 02-16-2002, 05:16 PM

More support for Greg

I've ordered a Glow kit and a Trenz Grill. I have written greg a couple times and he has had great response times. I canceled 1 order to join a group deal that he let me save 20bucks through! He writes back Emails within a day or two and i've even talked ot him on the phone.
IT seems to be a common theme that these Diamond Cut Clears have been ****ty from the beginning... so i wouldn't be to judgmental
Overall Greg has been good! It took me over a month to get my glow kit from him, but that was just because he hadn't gotten it from his supplier! So technically greg wasn't at fault... and he was honest.. told me it was behind schedual then that great day came, good ol' UPS truck....
Old 02-16-2002, 05:23 PM

hes not saying greg is deadbeat seller, he clearly stated that... he is just venting about his problem.. i would feel the same way if i was in his position
Old 02-16-2002, 05:27 PM

looks like this thread didnt work out...
if someone was debating weather to buy from greg or not,they probably decided they wouldnt from this story,but from reading on,looks like greg has plenty of satisfied customers,should have really talked to greg about this before trying to become the better business bureu
Old 02-16-2002, 05:32 PM

Originally posted by JoesMAX
hes not saying greg is deadbeat seller, he clearly stated that... he is just venting about his problem.. i would feel the same way if i was in his position
no he's saying hes a possible ripoff and provides bad customer service and were saying he doesnt
Old 02-16-2002, 06:09 PM

Do you really think anyone, let alone Greg is stupid enough to try and sell thousands of people who love to post pictures of their mods on the internet the wrong product on purpose? You'd have to be seriously retarded to think that you could sell a thousand people, many of whom are on this board, the wrong product and not think anyone would notice. I've dealt with Greg before, I recieved my order quickly and everything was in perfect shape. I'm sure he's trying to fix the problem and I know he wouldn't do this on purpose. Just try and relax (I know it's not easy after such a long wait) and he'll give everyone a way to make this right, likely at a large expense to himself. Give the guy the benefit of the doubt, he does a lot of business here and has little to no negative feedback outside of this clears deal.

</rant>
Old 02-16-2002, 06:26 PM

Re: More support for Greg

Originally posted by MaximaMan
I've ordered a Glow kit and a Trenz Grill. I have written greg a couple times and he has had great response times. I canceled 1 order to join a group deal that he let me save 20bucks through! He writes back Emails within a day or two and i've even talked ot him on the phone.
IT seems to be a common theme that these Diamond Cut Clears have been ****ty from the beginning... so i wouldn't be to judgmental
Overall Greg has been good! It took me over a month to get my glow kit from him, but that was just because he hadn't gotten it from his supplier! So technically greg wasn't at fault... and he was honest.. told me it was behind schedual then that great day came, good ol' UPS truck....
I've ordered a Popcharger and a FTSB through him. No problems whatsoever and I would gladly do business with him again.
Old 02-16-2002, 06:45 PM

Re: Re: More support for Greg

If Greg realized that he sent out regular clears instead of diamond cut ones, why wouldn't he be contacting ALL those who bought and received these to point the error instead of waiting for complaints from those who know the difference between the two?
Old 02-16-2002, 07:02 PM
Administrator

Re: Re: Re: More support for Greg

Originally posted by Mishmosh
If Greg realized that he sent out regular clears instead of diamond cut ones, why wouldn't he be contacting ALL those who bought and received these to point the error instead of waiting for complaints from those who know the difference between the two?
because he is a 22 year old kid who wastes half of his life and probably has a ****ed off gf who sets up deals and tries to make maxima people happy..

like i have said.. like others have said before.. to try to satisfy the cheap mother ****ers on this site.. its a waste of time and effort..

i commend greg for sticking with this so long.. you got my support greg..
Old 02-16-2002, 07:03 PM

Re: CustomMaxima.com: Bad Service, Possible Rip-Off of Customers

He has a right to be upset
1. He asked for refund and did not get one
2. 3 months later he recieves wrong product

Should he have waited to talk to Greg first before writing this novel.
Yes
Old 02-16-2002, 07:05 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: More support for Greg

Originally posted by SprintMax
because he is a 22 year old kid who wastes half of his life and probably has a ****ed off gf who sets up deals and tries to make maxima people happy..

like i have said.. like others have said before.. to try to satisfy the cheap mother ****ers on this site.. its a waste of time and effort..

Old 02-16-2002, 07:22 PM

I want to also disagree with you, Greg works his @ss off at what he does and for 23 years old just out of college he is very good and professional at what he does. Alot of the people on the ORG complain about his work but he has the cheapest prices and some of the best deals around. I have bought ALOT of stuff from him and everything I have received was shipped out quick and was very professional.

So everyone please stop complaining like B*tches. Buy somewhere else or start your own company if you think its that easy....

Jay from CT
Old 02-16-2002, 08:33 PM
Custommaxima.com

Bro I do not know why i did not get a email from you wanting a refund. I would have gladly given you a full refund immediately. Apparently their was a communication error and they were sent out to you. Please try to remember that I was in a rush to ship out a few hundred of them very quickly. As you have read in the past posts I received the wrong ones and they were all shipped out in error. I take full responsibility and will be happy to give you a full refund. The bumper lights have become a nightmare but i am doing my best to make it up to everyone. It is no big deal. I feel I have many happy customers, Maxima.org is my largest base of customers and I constantly go out of my way to help all you guys out. The last thing I would do is rip someone off, cause word would get around and the only person that would get screwed is me.

I am a honest guy trying my best to help out all the maxima owners out there. My prices are pretty low cause I don't make as much profit as other resellers. In the future if anyone has a problem please just let me know, I'll be happy to take care of you. Thanks to everyone who is supporting me on this forum. I once again am very sorry for this clear bumper light ordeal and will continue to stand behind my products. Any questions please email me at Greg@custommaxima.com
Thanks,
Greg
www.CustomMaxima.com

Old 02-16-2002, 08:46 PM
All YOUR grammer belong to me

A little history from my viewpoint on Greg

Back a LONG time ago, about 10 months ago, I bought some diamond clears from greg off ebay. I complimented him on his good business and told him he should keep it up. And I guess he took my advice.

I ordered a PR CAI from him, but he told me he was currently sold out. I emailed him asking to cancel my order and discard my credit card # and he replyed with a "sure thing bro, no problem", which made me feel good.

There is nothing to worry about, he is an honest guy and it was obviously a communication error.

I will more than likely be doing business with him in the future...

Keep it up Greg.

-Craig.
Old 02-16-2002, 08:55 PM

Re: Re: CustomMaxima.com: Bad Service, Possible Rip-Off of Customers

Originally posted by nismomaxse97
He has a right to be upset
1. He asked for refund and did not get one
2. 3 months later he recieves wrong product

Should he have waited to talk to Greg first before writing this novel.
Yes
He should be dealing with Greg on this issue and not try to get people on the forum against him. Who else on this forum is doing what Greg is doing for the Max? Not many. Definitely less than 10 people.
Old 02-16-2002, 08:59 PM
All YOUR grammer belong to me

Re: Re: Re: CustomMaxima.com: Bad Service, Possible Rip-Off of Customers

Originally posted by deezo
He should be dealing with Greg on this issue and not try to get people on the forum against him. Who else on this forum is doing what Greg is doing for the Max? Not many. Definitely less than 10 people.
Old 02-16-2002, 09:05 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: CustomMaxima.com: Bad Service, Possible Rip-Off of Customers

Originally posted by Craig Mack

i have ordered from Greg twice with no problems and will order again soon. Greg is a very nice person to deal with. lets not forget he only sells maxima stuff at great prices.
Old 02-16-2002, 09:09 PM

ive ordered quite a few things from greg,(konis,trenz grill,neon underbody etc...) and never had a problem w/him....

Greg is a great guy, it was an honest mistake...

Keep up the good work Greg.....

we all love you!
Old 02-16-2002, 09:12 PM

customaxima.com

i have ordered three times in the past from Greg i have received my order in a timely manner.hes a great guy i have had no problems so far even though im working on a little shipment error.
Old 02-16-2002, 09:17 PM

Re: Re: Re: More support for Greg

Maybe because he's just found out about the problem and has spent most of his time trying to resolve it w/ the supplier and customers. You try to send out 600+notices for something like this and see how easy it is.

Originally posted by Mishmosh
Old 02-16-2002, 09:23 PM

Let me throw in my $0.02 as well...

I agree with what everyone here is saying, and please lets keep in mind that it's impossible to do business with people on this site and rip them off at the same time AND expect to stay in business. So first off just by looking at how long Greg has been in business, it's not hard to tell that he must be a decent guy. If he wasn't, every post on this site about him would've been similar to what the starter of this thread wrote, but obviously that's not the case. I've ordered a bunch of stuff from him before, including my AGX shocks, trenz grille/valance, RSB, red/clear tail-lights and what not. I got everything within a week or two of ordering, only thing a little delayed were the AGX shocks and even that was a misunderstanding. And like Sprint said, it's not worth it to try to satisfy the cheap mother ******* on this site (no offense to anyone). People here die to save the smallest amount of money, even if it's a dollar or two, which to me wouldn't be worth it. That's another reason Greg's company is so popular because he provides for the cheap crowd (nothing wrong with that).

So all in all, there hasn't been a problem with anything from custommaxima and seems like these stupid "diamond-cut" clears are the only things creating problems. That's why I just bought some regular ones from my local performance shop a couple of months ago and got over it, I wouldn't be able to live with those ugly orange things while waiting for some miraculous diamond-cut product to come, but hey whatever floats your boat.

Last but not least, I will be ordering my H&R springs/intake/exhaust and all that from Greg in the near future, because like I said before, his company is one of the more decent ones out there and I wouldn't wanna deal with anyone else.
Old 02-16-2002, 09:45 PM

I have to give greg a hand. If not for him how much would some of us bought in general for the cars? If less than think of how much more you would hav spent also. He gives a great price and a great service. I would have no problem dealing with him again.

SuDZ
Old 02-16-2002, 10:31 PM

I have ordered from Greg before and had no problems at all...He is a real down to earth guy! You also have to remember that he is human and may make mistakes but he does not seem like the type of person that would try to rip anyone off!

The other Jay from CT

http://www25.brinkster.com/maxxperfct
Old 02-17-2002, 01:12 PM
Custommaxima.com

Thanks again for your support guys. It is good to know my hard efforts are appreciated, yes I am human, and do make mistakes. I am only 23 and am not a big business man, but I think I am making a pretty positive impact on the maxima market. Remember we are all maxima owners so we should work together, not against.
Thanks,
Greg
www.CustomMaxima.com

Old 02-17-2002, 01:22 PM

Thanks Greg

Just wanted to add that I appreciate your services. Talk about fast service and being on top of your business: I emailed you once about an order I placed (eibach springs+tokico struts), only to see when it would arrive; not because it was taking too long but because I was eager to get it. You said "it should arrive this week."

I got it that same day, and after 7 calendar days. Even the answering service person(s) was nice. Keep up the good work. I will order from/through you again, should I need something else.

I think this would be my $0.02
Old 02-17-2002, 04:22 PM

micahdc, you posted this w/o getting in contact w/ him?
your a punk.
Old 02-17-2002, 04:29 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor and Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: More support for Greg

Originally posted by SprintMax

i seeing that already, people dont' know what they are talking about OR post before contacting people. it's frustrating.
Old 02-17-2002, 04:37 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: More support for Greg

Originally posted by dmbmaxima88

i seeing that already, people dont' know what they are talking about OR post before contacting people. it's frustrating.
hey Greg, i just came back from a show and i ran in to VIBRANT. i put in a good word for you. i hope your deal goes thru with the 100pc. are you sure your going to order the rear pc.

talk to you later, Freddie from AUDIO LINKS.
Old 02-17-2002, 11:25 PM

I had a small problem with Custommaxima as well.

A couple months ago I bought H&R springs from Custommaxima.com. I e-mailed Greg and he told me that the shipping cost was $20. So I called the 800 number and placed an order, but it turns out they charged me $30 for shipping. When placing the order, it was with a secretary (or employee) and not Greg. So there must have been a communication problem. Not necessarily Greg's fault, but they need to improve the communication within their company.
Old 02-18-2002, 09:42 AM

Originally posted by Rancid90SE

no he's saying hes a possible ripoff and provides bad customer service and were saying he doesnt
many people are satisfied with his work, but his suppliers are having a hard time keeping up with his orders. i placed an order for the greddy SP in october i think. i had to cancel it by december. it just wasn't coming in on time and i needed the money again. at least he gave me the option to have a refund AND we also talked twice via phone. also, he seemed to reply by email on a timely basis. if you get the machine, leave a clearly spoken message and he'll probably get back to you. also try calling at different hours. now, can somebody sell me a greddy for cheap and have it in my house in 2 weeks or less?
Old 02-18-2002, 10:40 AM

In Greg's defense, clearly what happened was that in an effort to get the Diamond Cut clears out to the long waiting consumers, he had his distributor ship them directly to you. He had no chance of seeing the product for himself so he didn't know that they weren't what he ordered. His distributor messed up the order and told him what he wanted to hear. Don't blame Greg. It could've happened to anyone. I personally have not ordered anything from Greg yet, but that will soon change once my money comes in. That being said: Hey greg...Any idea where I can get an Apexi WS Exhaust?
Old 02-18-2002, 04:17 PM

I've purchased one item from Greg, my rsb. He did not have the color I wanted, he contacted me, offered me an upgrade at no extra charge. Plus a discount on a future purchase. I can not call this "Bad Service" nor can I call it a "Ripoff". I have to call it putting me the customer first.
I run two small businesses, and can just imagine what Greg goes through on a daily basis. He does not have a large staff, nor a huge distribution facility. The company is him, alot of work, a lot sweat, and too much grief from people that "Just have to vent, but I have not contacted Greg."
Micahdc, you have done the damage to Greg with your rant. Greg has answered you twice in this forum. Why not be a stand up guy and update us as you said you would ? You put Greg on the spot why not get close to the fire yourself ?
Peace.
Old 02-18-2002, 05:32 PM

Originally posted by demian
I had a small problem with Custommaxima as well.

A couple months ago I bought H&R springs from Custommaxima.com. I e-mailed Greg and he told me that the shipping cost was $20. So I called the 800 number and placed an order, but it turns out they charged me $30 for shipping. When placing the order, it was with a secretary (or employee) and not Greg. So there must have been a communication problem. Not necessarily Greg's fault, but they need to improve the communication within their company.
Ok so when you're buying something worth a couple of 100 bux, what difference does $10.00 more in shipping make?

Quick Reply: CustomMaxima.com: Bad Service, Possible Rip-Off of Customers