Dealership and Vendor Experiences Let other Maxima owners, or potential Maxima owners, which dealerships and shops you've had good or bad luck with.

Don't Sell/Buy to/from Black96max, ripped me off!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2002, 03:23 PM

Don't Sell/Buy to/from Black96max, ripped me off!!

Black96max (his real name is Jay Reis, from Edison, NJ) ripped me off for a Stillen Y-Pipe. I sent him the pipe, he sent me nothing. He was supposed to send me $150 and his stock pipe. He sent nothing. It has been a month now. I have sent e-mails, no response. Later his story changed, he told me he was selling his car and would return the Stillen y-pipe to me. I see from his profile that he is in fact selling his car, with MY Stillen y-pipe on it!!! So I say down with Mr. Jay Reis. He should be booted off the board. He is obviously not here for the betterment of the Maxima community. So I tell you all so you will not also be deceived by him.

Ryan
Old 06-20-2002, 03:30 PM

Re: Don't Sell/Buy to/from Black96max, ripped me off!!

Originally posted by StaindMaxima
Black96max (his real name is Jay Reis, from Edison, NJ) ripped me off for a Stillen Y-Pipe. I sent him the pipe, he sent me nothing. He was supposed to send me $150 and his stock pipe. He sent nothing. It has been a month now. I have sent e-mails, no response. Later his story changed, he told me he was selling his car and would return the Stillen y-pipe to me. I see from his profile that he is in fact selling his car, with MY Stillen y-pipe on it!!! So I say down with Mr. Jay Reis. He should be booted off the board. He is obviously not here for the betterment of the Maxima community. So I tell you all so you will not also be deceived by him.

Ryan
Sorry to hear about that man...If you need help I have access to a crematory...no body=no problem. But seriously you should post in his thread over in the maximas for sale forum.
Old 06-20-2002, 03:34 PM
RIP '98 Maxima SE

D*mn...Sorry to hear that, man.

Is there anyone closeby this guy that could "fix" the situation for you?
Old 06-20-2002, 03:39 PM

That really sucks man. You should post all his information; name, address, telephone just so he can't pull this **** again.
Old 06-20-2002, 04:12 PM

damn. i personally know this guy he goes to my college. im not gonna badmouth or anything.
we just give everyone the benefit of the doubt here, but i guess there comes a time when you say its been long enough huh?
i dont know the story. hope it works out
Old 06-20-2002, 04:54 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

ahhhh that sucks

Was he an avid member in this forum? Probably not, I suppose. Good luck man.
Old 06-20-2002, 05:34 PM
Sports Button FTW

DAM that's ****ed up! ****, yo, give me his address, i'm in NJ also, i'll break a window or two till u get your money's worth but ****, i have no car at the moment....yo i'm in NJ and kind of far ( probably 30 min away) Edison isn't TOO far from me...let me know what da deal is...that's so f*cked up
Old 06-20-2002, 05:58 PM

Actually I believe Jay is sort of an "avid" member here. I think last time I checked he had about 400 posts or so....if I remember correctly. Thanx for the support, and interesting suggestions. I will post the info. as suggested in Maximas for sale section..... and for all those who requested it:

Jay Reis
1007 Ellis Pkwy.
Edison, NJ 08820
Old 06-20-2002, 08:58 PM

this is for everyone to know!! i had a ****in death in the family and was gone for 2 weeks!!!! its only been three and i sent out the y-pipe today. i cant believe this bs...he stopped emailing me a while ago and i lost his email. to let everyone know once again i didn't rip anyone off and hopefully he will confirm this when he recieves his pipe!!! thank you and there was no need to f*kin give out my info and what not....so actually hes not the bigger man b/c that is personal info and i hope that this thread gets deleted!!
Old 06-20-2002, 11:25 PM
Mod her. Ate her.

In defense of black96max, he had been great about responding to emails for a long time when i was thinking about BUYING from him, but he never asked for any $ or anything. I have over 1600 posts on my old forum (a Jeep one) and I helped track down "deadbeats" all of the time. 90% of the time it was simple miscomunication. After a few weeks of not getting the proper address to ship a part TO someone, I finally realized that I was having email problems with another (jeep only) email address. Up until then, to others on the forum, it looked like I had taken this fellow's $185 and run with it, so stuff can happen. I am not defending black96max personally, or condemning him, but I know that all of his emails to me stopped a good while ago, so I am inclined to believe him.

Black96max-
Just so that you know, your name and address are public record. As it stood when he posted it, it looked like he had a legit reason to gripe. My 2 cents...
Old 06-21-2002, 06:57 AM

Originally posted by Black96max
this is for everyone to know!! i had a ****in death in the family and was gone for 2 weeks!!!! its only been three and i sent out the y-pipe today. i cant believe this bs...he stopped emailing me a while ago and i lost his email. to let everyone know once again i didn't rip anyone off and hopefully he will confirm this when he recieves his pipe!!! thank you and there was no need to f*kin give out my info and what not....so actually hes not the bigger man b/c that is personal info and i hope that this thread gets deleted!!

It has been 1 month. I still have the receipt from when I mailed the pipe, May 23. You have not responded to the recent e-mails that I sent. I have waited a month. I never got the money you supposedly sent, nor have I received a a pipe in return as was agreed to. If I actually do ever receive anything from you I will be happy to retract my previous statements, but until I made a big issue out of this in front of the whole org, it didn't look like you were making much of an effort to track me down to get me my pipe. All you had to do was respond to my e-mail, or look up the thread to find me on the org. You did neither, so I really have to question your intent to return my pipe. Doesn't seem like you were trying very hard at all. Even better all you had to do was put it in the mail, a few weeks ago like you were supposed to. Unfortunately it had to come to this for me to get you to act.
Old 06-21-2002, 07:05 AM

While I am at it, in your thread where you are selling your car you list the y-pipe as being on the car. So either you have no intention of sending it back to me OR you are simply misleading the perspective buyers of your vehicle by telling them you have a y-pipe on there when you really don't. So either you are lying to me, or to the people who are interested in your car.

And, even if you were away for two weeks. You live in NJ, I live in Mass. I sent the pipe to you priority mail, it took 2-3 days. Why then is it taking weeks for you to send the pipe back? Did you pay someone to walk the pipe back up to Mass.?

Your story simply does not add up.
Old 06-21-2002, 07:10 AM

You should have gotten the money first. Learn for this mistake.
Old 06-21-2002, 07:17 AM

Originally posted by quiksand
You should have gotten the money first. Learn for this mistake.
This is very true. It's nice to think you can trust someone every now and then, but apparently I chose the wrong person to trust. My bad.
Old 06-21-2002, 08:46 AM
RIP '98 Maxima SE

Nasty!
Old 06-21-2002, 05:20 PM

BROOKLYN STYLE

well how we do it in the BROOK!!!

1. You have his Address.
2. You have a Car
3. You have out of state plates
4. You have access to a bat, brick or other damaging piece of equipment
5. put it all together

Hop in car with out of state plates, drive to his address beat his *** with your (insert here). Get your part, money, and satisfaction.

Holla!!
Live and learn

Or you can pay me and I will do it for you!!!
Old 06-21-2002, 09:55 PM

first of all i sent the pipe yesterday....i had no computer where i was located to find your info and i never go on the org ne more and haven't changed my sig. im not trying to sell it with a ypipe because everyone who has asked me i told them its not on and is not mine. for all those saying to come after me...that is petty bs and no one should get involved until they know the story...ne one can come on here with a story and you people get all excited? just to let you people know...he will have his pipe soon and i never had or looked for trouble and i dont expect any thank you

ps : this goes to show how people need to get involved in **** that dont involve them
Old 06-21-2002, 11:04 PM

Re: BROOKLYN STYLE

Originally posted by caneyebus
well how we do it in the BROOK!!!

1. You have his Address.
2. You have a Car
3. You have out of state plates
4. You have access to a bat, brick or other damaging piece of equipment
5. put it all together

Hop in car with out of state plates, drive to his address beat his *** with your (insert here). Get your part, money, and satisfaction.

Holla!!
Live and learn

Or you can pay me and I will do it for you!!!
No offense, but I am not from the Brook and I don't really think it would be worth it for me to go to that extreme over a used y-pipe.

Besides, Jay has promised to return my pipe now, so hopefully this will situation will be rectified shortly. And as I said before, should the pipe be returned, even if it did take a month, I have assured him that I will clear his name. Fair is fair.
Old 06-22-2002, 10:14 AM

i appreciate it and you WILL recieve the pipe by tuesday or wensday. i sent priority mail
Old 06-22-2002, 10:21 AM
detailerdaveb@gmail.com

can we kiss and make up now?
Old 06-22-2002, 10:38 AM
pjalst

It has been 1 month. I still have the receipt from when I mailed the pipe, May 23. You have not responded to the recent e-mails that I sent. I have waited a month. I never got the money you supposedly sent, nor have I received a a pipe in return as was agreed to. If I actually do ever receive anything from you I will be happy to retract my previous statements, but until I made a big issue out of this in front of the whole org, it didn't look like you were making much of an effort to track me down to get me my pipe. All you had to do was respond to my e-mail, or look up the thread to find me on the org. You did neither, so I really have to question your intent to return my pipe. Doesn't seem like you were trying very hard at all. Even better all you had to do was put it in the mail, a few weeks ago like you were supposed to. Unfortunately it had to come to this for me to get you to act.
I understand his anger, death or not you could of still dropped him a quick message saying you had a death in the family and you will mail him his S#1T when you can. Even if you lost his E mail, you could of came on the Org and left some kind of message. Just do the right thing and all will be forgotten.

Old 06-24-2002, 09:12 AM

hmmm

i guess thats why your pipe isnt in your possesion..but oh well ..such is life!!
Old 06-25-2002, 11:44 PM

To All Who read This Thread

Today I received my Y-pipe, the same Stillen one that I sent him, from Jay (Black96Max). I would like to clear his name of any wrongdoing. Perhaps if he had kept me abreast of the goings on, I would not have had to make the negative post that I made. After a month of receiving nothing in return I felt it was the correct thing to do. In the end, Jay proved to be a man of his word and returned my pipe. I appreciate him finally following through and would like to let you all know that he is a trustworthy individual, despite my earlier doubts. As is the case in so many situations in life, a lack of communication caused an unfortunate situation. I hate to lecture, but a recent survery of major corporations yielded "interpersonal communication" as the most important quality that a leader must posess to be successful, just something for everyone to think about. Thanx Jay for at leat sending my pipe back.

Ryan
Old 06-26-2002, 05:19 AM
pjalst

Re: To All Who read This Thread

Today I received my Y-pipe, the same Stillen one that I sent him, from Jay (Black96Max). I would like to clear his name of any wrongdoing. Perhaps if he had kept me abreast of the goings on, I would not have had to make the negative post that I made. After a month of receiving nothing in return I felt it was the correct thing to do. In the end, Jay proved to be a man of his word and returned my pipe. I appreciate him finally following through and would like to let you all know that he is a trustworthy individual, despite my earlier doubts. As is the case in so many situations in life, a lack of communication caused an unfortunate situation. I hate to lecture, but a recent survery of major corporations yielded "interpersonal communication" as the most important quality that a leader must posess to be successful, just something for everyone to think about. Thanx Jay for at leat sending my pipe back.

Ryan
I'd do business with you Jay.

Old 06-26-2002, 08:19 AM

apologiz

I apoligize also as well as we all should
Old 06-26-2002, 01:03 PM

the communication was the problem. but as i earlier stated i would never rip anyone off and glad he found that out
Old 06-26-2002, 10:43 PM
I tend to get a bit irritable

Ok now that all is settled may I throw in my $.02? O goodie...

First of all I know Jay personally. A good kid, a little slow sometimes (sorry Jay) but a def good guy.

As far as posting in the sig with the Y pipe...well he probably put it in there before he even recieved it. It is the way he is, nothing at all wrong with that. He infact NEVER got to install it.

I know he did have some family issues and was away for a bit, so that would explain the timely delay, a legitimate reason? I would say so. Lack of communication on his part? Yes maybe.

As far as his computer being down....well I will def confirm that one as I need to type EVERYTHING in IMs to him like three F***ing times !!! Just to recieve...."what was that last one my comp froze"

To wrap up...as far as him saying hell do something he always ends up coming trough. BTW Jay wanna cut my grass again....??
Old 06-27-2002, 06:01 PM

yeh....thanx don and i will cut your grass when i can.