Detailing Discuss how to make your car sparkly clean for car shows, local meets, or any other reason. What products do others use and how do we get them? Get your questions answered in here.

Anyone have vinyl door panels or leather seats redyed?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2004, 03:10 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Anyone have vinyl door panels or leather seats repaired/recolored?

I was doing some research on the web on DIY interor repair/redye for leather and vinyl and came across some reputable products like Leathermagic and Leather Renew. But I would rather have a professional do my interior so I did some searches and came up with a few reputable companies and shops in my area. (I did not know there were shops that specialize in restoring auto interiors to like new condition) Has anyone had their interior professionally redone or know someone with another car who has? I am real curious to find out if it the results are worth the money. Thanks for any info
Old 06-11-2004, 04:05 PM

TTT id like to know also, my black leather is kinda chalky, even after like 5 cleanings with lexol
Old 06-12-2004, 04:22 AM
Kevlo for President

My air bad cover and dash don't match anymore just like most 4th gens with tan interior.
Old 06-12-2004, 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by kevlo911
My air bad cover and dash don't match anymore just like most 4th gens with tan interior.
My driver/passenger airbags do not match either on my fourth generation. The sales rep I talked to said her company dies interior parts like airbag covers.

If you want to check out one of the websites, here it is: http://www.drvinyl.com/index2.html

The best part about this company is that they make house calls!
Old 06-18-2004, 08:26 PM

any word on how to get the black leather to look new again, like i said my leather is looking ashy and cleaning it doesnt do anything. my manager at work used black shoe pollish on his beemer and it actually looked pretty good. he is an idiot tho and im not sure if it is actually a smart thing to do. he wiped his seats with the pollish then he wiped it off and it re colored the small cracks in the seats. is this safe to do???
Old 06-19-2004, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by Magikone69
any word on how to get the black leather to look new again, like i said my leather is looking ashy and cleaning it doesnt do anything. my manager at work used black shoe pollish on his beemer and it actually looked pretty good. he is an idiot tho and im not sure if it is actually a smart thing to do. he wiped his seats with the pollish then he wiped it off and it re colored the small cracks in the seats. is this safe to do???
Yeah you can redye the leather. Depending on your experience and confidence with DIY repairs, you can renew the leather yourself. There are many companies that stock nissan leather dyes. i.e., Leather Renew or Leather Magic. Just click on "Nissan" then find your year and color. If you feel safer having a pro do it, companies like Dr. Vinyl do auto interior work. Do a search in your area. There are shops that specialize in auto interior restoration. It might run you a few hundred but it seems worh it to me.