Dyno Discussion and Slips Discussion and a moderated "Dyno Slips" sub-forum to allow for posting of dyno slips.

RMT Dyno Record... streetz looks small in my rearview :-D

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2008, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by NmexMAX
10.8 / 256
too tempting to get some gen3 motor stock cams with int cam adapters set to full-retard and just go for MexiMax's CURRENT record, rather than his previous 426whp record ... but nah. Student budget FTL here lol

Actually those cams ARE rather cheap, just difficult to come by. Its more of a time limitation than anything else really
Old 06-09-2008, 06:04 AM
dot dot dot ...

Student budget FTL. Now I need valve springs.
Old 06-09-2008, 01:13 PM
brotherhood of tq

very nice hp figures...this makes me really want to reconsider my sc kit i have at home and just go for the turbo route like you guys have....

i wonder how meximax will counter if you pass him?
Old 06-09-2008, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by liqidvenom
very nice hp figures...this makes me really want to reconsider my sc kit i have at home and just go for the turbo route like you guys have....

Let me get that kit for $500. lol

I'm sure meximax will just add nitrous. I'm still waiting for his timeslips!!
Old 06-09-2008, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by liqidvenom

thanks

Originally Posted by ajcool2
Let me get that kit for $500. lol

I'm sure meximax will just add nitrous. I'm still waiting for his timeslips!!
Yea for real! He'll do a 35shot JUST to reclaim his crown... Then Im pwnd lol Maybe' we'll just keep going back and forth until some1 blows up the engine *knock on wood it doesnt happen*
Old 06-09-2008, 07:16 PM
SC Overspinning Swapper!!

Originally Posted by 95BLKMAX
thanks

Yea for real! He'll do a 35shot JUST to reclaim his crown... Then Im pwnd lol Maybe' we'll just keep going back and forth until some1 blows up the engine *knock on wood it doesnt happen*
35shot? I will let you take my crown, but I will be coming back with vengeance.

Let me propose the following:

If you surpass my 426 whp SAE corrected number, I pledge to give the org a new 500+ whp member. My built engine is really itchin' to be pushed and I am sure it up to the task. I will do what it takes to get there.....new cams, T-trim, or a modest (75-125) shot of nitrous.

Patiently waiting for your new numbers.
Old 06-09-2008, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by meximax
35shot? I will let you take my crown, but I will be coming back with vengeance.

If you surpass my 426 whp SAE corrected number, I pledge to give the org a new 500+ whp member. My built engine is really itchin' to be pushed and I am sure it up to the task. I will do what it takes to get there.....new cams, T-trim, or a modest (75-125) shot of nitrous.

OOOOOOOOOHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

So basically what you are saying, is that WHEN I surpass the 426whp barrier, YOU will COUNTER it... by going for 500whp+?????????

MY FRIEND! We have terms!

Just know that due to my student budget, and the list of things I need to do, its going to be a few months before I finally get to go for my goal.

Currently the to-do list (power wise, this doesnt include fixing my AC and my brakes, LOL) is....
- EB has already been shipped (w00h00)
- ACT HDG6 Clutch + New Driver Axle
- Methanol/ Water Injection
- 550cc or 650cc Injectors
- go for at least 427whp SAE

Thanks MexiMax, us two- and a few others that will jump in hopefully, are gonna set some sick benchmark #s for folks to aim for this year (assuming they know what they're doing lol)
Old 06-09-2008, 07:55 PM
i has college

Originally Posted by meximax

It has begun!
Old 06-09-2008, 08:35 PM
Bacon Lover

MY FRIEND! We have terms!
Old 06-09-2008, 09:48 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

10.8 / 256
Better have gotten a helluva deal on 'em...
Old 06-09-2008, 10:35 PM

you guys and your 3.5's. this is goign to be interesting till someone blows something up lol.

*takes bottle out from under the bed to show these 3.5ers how its done*
Old 06-10-2008, 08:18 AM
LandShark has Cosworth

Originally Posted by streetzlegend
you guys and your 3.5's. this is goign to be interesting till someone blows something up lol.

*takes bottle out from under the bed to show these 3.5ers how its done*
Trust me, you CAN get used to blowing up engines !

Tomorrow I'm going to Kansas City to pick up a 3.5 long-block for a future build, or just-in-case if a 175-shot wrecks my 3.5.....

That's Greddy and something-Ultimate, right ??

Old 06-10-2008, 08:41 AM
Turbo 3.5

how bout some track #'s. it's great seeing these high hp cars on the org but what I really like to see is who can put the power to the ground
Old 06-10-2008, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by grey99max
Trust me, you CAN get used to blowing up engines !

and this coming from the man that's been trying to turn me into nitrous for years? mmmhmmm LOL

its a Greddy Emanage Blue (the predecessor to the Ultimate)
Old 06-10-2008, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by t6378tp
how bout some track #'s. it's great seeing these high hp cars on the org but what I really like to see is who can put the power to the ground
see that was the intention here. But then I go to Moroso's website to see when the next test & tune night was going to be, and I find this....

http://www.morosomotorsportspark.com...g2_itemId=2806

the track is GONE :-(. They are reconstructing it and SUPPOSEDLY it wont be ready until end of Sep/ start of Oct. Honestly with the weather around here, I personally expect it to be done end of the year.

But yea. This track is exactly 102mi away from my house, but its the closest 1/4mi track to me. The next closest is in Tampa... but i refuse to drive 3.5hrs just to go to the track. So unfortunately, track will have to wait (and not by my choice)
Old 06-10-2008, 09:13 AM
LandShark has Cosworth

and this coming from the man that's been trying to turn me into nitrous for years? mmmhmmm LOL

its a Greddy Emanage Blue (the predecessor to the Ultimate)
[cheap shots]
Well, " if you ain't breakin' sumthin, you ain't racin ! " Show me the slip - or in my case, show me the junkheap! and, ( I'm know I'm gonna regret this) "Dyno queens get kissed - real racers do the kissing".

Wanna borrow my trailer?
[/cheap shots]

Old 06-10-2008, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by grey99max
[cheap shots]
Well, " if you ain't breakin' sumthin, you ain't racin ! " Show me the slip - or in my case, show me the junkheap! and, ( I'm know I'm gonna regret this) "Dyno queens get kissed - real racers do the kissing".

Wanna borrow my trailer?
[/cheap shots]

ooooooooh!!!!!!!

Well notice I did say in my list of things to do, along with my clutch, new driver axle, lol. Its been clicking for over a year but ever since turbo went on... clunking! lol Does that count as me breaking something LOL

I'll show you a junkyard! I'll take a pic next time I go to nismology's house. That backyard.....oh boi, LOL EPA would have a field day, lmao! j/k
Old 06-10-2008, 12:32 PM
Turbo 3.5

see that was the intention here. But then I go to Moroso's website to see when the next test & tune night was going to be, and I find this....

http://www.morosomotorsportspark.com...g2_itemId=2806

the track is GONE :-(. They are reconstructing it and SUPPOSEDLY it wont be ready until end of Sep/ start of Oct. Honestly with the weather around here, I personally expect it to be done end of the year.

But yea. This track is exactly 102mi away from my house, but its the closest 1/4mi track to me. The next closest is in Tampa... but i refuse to drive 3.5hrs just to go to the track. So unfortunately, track will have to wait (and not by my choice)
damn thats sucks to mod car your car and not have anyway to get some track #'s.
Old 06-10-2008, 01:05 PM

not til end of the year. Im shooting for low to flat 12s. Just gonna gut the car to try to minimize the strain on the axles/ diff... I DO after all need a car to get back home lol

Although if I ***** it with this power Im sure I could break into 11s, I dont WANT to, because at my track, 11.99 and below, need a rollcage FTL!!!!

CORRECTION!!!!! I just called Moroso, they say I dont need a rollcage until 11.5 or below!!!! So IF I were to run (hypothetically speaking) 11.55, I'm still in the clear! No rollcage needed there

w000000h0000000000!!!!!! OK!!!! screw 12s! Going for high 11s!!!!!! bahaha!!!! (Im not that good of a driver, so hopefully the added power will makeup for the driver, LOL) We'll see how it goes end of this year, lol I'll probably run 12.05, lol. Fate would have it that way just to **** me off, lol
Old 06-10-2008, 01:10 PM
LandShark has Cosworth

ooooooooh!!!!!!!

Well notice I did say in my list of things to do, along with my clutch, new driver axle, lol. Its been clicking for over a year but ever since turbo went on... clunking! lol Does that count as me breaking something LOL

I'll show you a junkyard! I'll take a pic next time I go to nismology's house. That backyard.....oh boi, LOL EPA would have a field day, lmao! j/k
OK, I'll give you the axle, even if it still works.... And "breaking loose" your tires can count, 'cause you do that a lot, right? Betcha if you sprayed on launch, that axle would snap - or if you launched with huge slicks.

Bummer that you got your car pumping out loads of power and then Moroso closes down for the season..... Lots of time to finish up all those details, I guess...

Old 06-10-2008, 01:20 PM
dot dot dot ...

Sucks more to mod it @ mile high elevation.
Old 06-10-2008, 01:33 PM
3.5 in the works

Sucks more to mod it @ mile high elevation.
If I were mile high I wouldn't even bother with an N/A setup...
Old 06-10-2008, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by DandyMax
If I were mile high I wouldn't even bother with an N/A setup...
ouch! Low blow to Big Manny!

Hint hint to go FI my friend! 3.5s seem to like big turbos
Old 06-10-2008, 02:51 PM
dot dot dot ...

ouch! Low blow to Big Manny!

Hint hint to go FI my friend! 3.5s seem to like big turbos
Maybe one of these days (matty's plates). Not anytime soon though. Never known any other altitude.

My car feels great when I take it to a lower city though.

Originally Posted by nismology
Better have gotten a helluva deal on 'em..

Last edited by NmexMAX; 06-10-2008 at 04:27 PM.
Old 06-22-2008, 10:44 AM

dont mean to hijack this thread but a little update on the Streetz vs. 95blkmax grudge match.

So..... 95blkmax and I had a little run in finally. Wasnt a full out race but it was from a stop, my cutout was closed, his was open, we take off, and well..... never saw him next to me again just in my rear view mirror like the topic of this thread says.
Old 06-22-2008, 10:49 AM

damn! Did 95blxmax every fix that leak he had? I remember him thinking he had a leak, cause when he did his dyno run with the cutout open, he saw a decent loss in low end power.

I thought 9blx would take you for sure, especially since the boost has been upped to 8psi, good job teacher
Old 06-22-2008, 10:51 AM

hahahh uhh ohhh....
Old 06-22-2008, 11:13 AM
Turbo 3.5

dont mean to hijack this thread but a little update on the Streetz vs. 95blkmax grudge match.

So..... 95blkmax and I had a little run in finally. Wasnt a full out race but it was from a stop, my cutout was closed, his was open, we take off, and well..... never saw him next to me again just in my rear view mirror like the topic of this thread says.
so when is the real race going to be held
Old 06-22-2008, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by MDeezy
damn! Did 95blxmax every fix that leak he had? I remember him thinking he had a leak, cause when he did his dyno run with the cutout open, he saw a decent loss in low end power.

I thought 9blx would take you for sure, especially since the boost has been upped to 8psi, good job teacher
I believe he did fix the leak, however he didnt go WOT in 1st gear he eased into it cuz he says it bogs when he steps on it hard in 1st, by the time my uber auto shifted into 2nd n my boost spikes up to my set psi, no 5sp shift is going to catch up. I had mine at closed cutout with boost switch set at 10psi although im getting some loss like about to 8-9 psi due to a mystery leak i got. lol cant wait for him to read his thread lol
Old 06-22-2008, 09:59 PM

how did I know you were gonna post of this? Sounds like "the teacher" is gettin nervous and trying to get some spot-light back

Originally Posted by MDeezy

Nope. Only "leak" I fixed was the gaskets at the catalytic, but that didnt do anything. Im still sure Im leaking at the headers-ypipe gaskets (IF there's any gaskets there at all).

My boost is down at 7.5 meng. I brought it down because I kind of didnt want to blow up my motor running so lean up top. So I took it back down a bit until I get around to the bigger injectors. So for this run, no I did not have my ubber 373 WHP, lol. Who knows what I had.

so when is the real race going to be held
When Moroso Motorsports Park opens back up for drag racing. They are in the process of reconstructing the entire 1/4mi track and its surrounding area. So it may not be until the end of the year... :-(

I believe he did fix the leak, however he didnt go WOT in 1st gear he eased into it cuz he says it bogs when he steps on it hard in 1st, by the time my uber auto shifted into 2nd n my boost spikes up to my set psi, no 5sp shift is going to catch up. I had mine at closed cutout with boost switch set at 10psi although im getting some loss like about to 8-9 psi due to a mystery leak i got. lol cant wait for him to read his thread lol
What leak do you think I fixed? I havent done anything, lol. Read wat Im tellin MDeezy.

Yea for real! Dude I wanna get boost in 1st gear! I did it that night that I was practicing launching, if I allowed for some wheelspin/hop, I got 7psi in 1st gear! and it was ubber!... problem is, thats probably EXACTLY what caused my diff bearings and input shaft bearings all to take a crap all of a sudden the day after, LOL. Thats part of the reason why for our lil runs I didnt want to WOT 1st gear. But nah man your car moved! I went WOT in 2nd finally but by then you were gone and I couldnt catch.

Its ok tho, I'll knock yo a$s off your high-horse soon enough, LOL. This isnt over yet friend
Old 06-22-2008, 10:05 PM

Its ok tho, I'll knock yo a$s off your high-horse soon enough, LOL. This isnt over yet friend
Dont be upset my child, just wanted to knock you off your high horse ever since u dyno'ed lol.

back to the topic.... when u installing EMB?
Old 06-22-2008, 10:18 PM

Dont be upset my child, just wanted to knock you off your high horse ever since u dyno'ed lol.

back to the topic.... when u installing EMB?
lol. Hopefully this Thursday. Gonna street-tune it that same day.
Old 06-23-2008, 05:55 PM

how did I know you were gonna post of this? Sounds like "the teacher" is gettin nervous and trying to get some spot-light back

Nope. Only "leak" I fixed was the gaskets at the catalytic, but that didnt do anything. Im still sure Im leaking at the headers-ypipe gaskets (IF there's any gaskets there at all).

My boost is down at 7.5 meng. I brought it down because I kind of didnt want to blow up my motor running so lean up top. So I took it back down a bit until I get around to the bigger injectors. So for this run, no I did not have my ubber 373 WHP, lol. Who knows what I had.

When Moroso Motorsports Park opens back up for drag racing. They are in the process of reconstructing the entire 1/4mi track and its surrounding area. So it may not be until the end of the year... :-(

What leak do you think I fixed? I havent done anything, lol. Read wat Im tellin MDeezy.

Yea for real! Dude I wanna get boost in 1st gear! I did it that night that I was practicing launching, if I allowed for some wheelspin/hop, I got 7psi in 1st gear! and it was ubber!... problem is, thats probably EXACTLY what caused my diff bearings and input shaft bearings all to take a crap all of a sudden the day after, LOL. Thats part of the reason why for our lil runs I didnt want to WOT 1st gear. But nah man your car moved! I went WOT in 2nd finally but by then you were gone and I couldnt catch.

\

haha, owned..
Old 06-24-2008, 12:37 PM

Sooooooooooo... who has a spare Tial wastegate for me? :-D
Old 06-24-2008, 01:04 PM

Is your wastegate bad meng?
Old 06-24-2008, 01:43 PM

sounds like someone needs more boost to take on the teacher?
Old 06-24-2008, 04:01 PM
Silver Tooth S2K 9k FTMFW

i cant wait
Old 06-26-2008, 10:34 AM
VQ30 DE T

lol... battle of the RMT's
Good stuff
Old 07-05-2008, 10:19 AM

I guess just as an update-

Apexi SAFC2 is out and sold, Greddy E-Manage Blue is installed and fully-tuned using just the main harness (timing harness to be added later). A/F at the leanest is at 11.3 after 6000rpm. Im currently at 8-8.5psi. Im still getting slight pinging but its barely anything. So I'll wait out the ign harness while I handle more important stuff. Plus its a super clean install...

Didnt even have to drill holes into the glovebox

Transmission is getting replaced soon- input shaft bearings be gone. Going to replace it with a spare we have here, and rebuild mine to keep as a spare, lol.

New ubber clutch going in with the stock flywheel for the sake of driveability (as far as what clutch, it will either be an ACT NM1-HDG6, or a custom-built unit from a local clutch builder). I've heard nothing but great things about the clutches from this place, so I will go check it out Mon or Tues morning. I'll give more details of it if I decide to get their clutch.
Old 07-05-2008, 10:32 AM

Clean! I was wondering when you were going to you were going to upgrade from the SAFC-II.

Careful of that pinging. Were you running meth? or was that just streets?
Should feel really nice when the new clutch, tranny go in to feel that tune!

Quick Reply: RMT Dyno Record... streetz looks small in my rearview :-D