Feedback/Suggestions Let us know what you like about Maxima.org, its forums, or let us know what suggestions you may have! DO NOT POST YOUR CAR QUESTIONS HERE.

Why are there only 2 presentation styles?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 01:27 PM

Why are there only 2 presentation styles?

I'm guessing most members use one theme and never switch. Even if they become aware of the "style chooser" control at the bottom of every page, by that time it probably messes with the comfort zone.

And I get that. I personally prefer the "default style" over the "maxima.org dark style". I think it's easier to read, even though photos look much better when presented in the dark style.

But why only the 2 choices? There are like a million free vBulletin themes on the web. Surely there are a few that would complement what we're used to seeing, but still provide some creative alternative.

For example: http://www.themesbase.com/vBulletin-Skins/
Old 04-09-2010, 01:54 PM
Demodded and Forgotten

Good idea!! Interested where this is going...
Old 04-09-2010, 02:26 PM

i tried the white theme for a bit and i couldnt stand it, too used to the dark theme

but yeah maybe some other styles would work
Old 04-12-2010, 06:58 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Originally Posted by Rochester
I'm guessing most members use one theme and never switch. Even if they become aware of the "style chooser" control at the bottom of every page, by that time it probably messes with the comfort zone.

And I get that. I personally prefer the "default style" over the "maxima.org dark style". I think it's easier to read, even though photos look much better when presented in the dark style.

But why only the 2 choices? There are like a million free vBulletin themes on the web. Surely there are a few that would complement what we're used to seeing, but still provide some creative alternative.

For example: http://www.themesbase.com/vBulletin-Skins/
we like to run with the KIS rule...KEEP IT SIMPLE.
we're not a graphic arts website. so there are a million of themes but i think it's better to keep it at 2. personally i would want to keep it at 1 theme...but Doug (previous owner of maxima.org) made the dark one so we left it as is.

1 - if we have graphics/banner/etc we won't have a problem with the other themes due to different colors and schemes.
2 - if we do crash or get hacked it's one less thing to worry about.
3 - reduces the maintenace that's required.

Rochester...can you please stop stirring the pot here? Honestly if you don't like how the website looks or feels then you're more then welcome to leave. We already made a second logo change because you didn't like how the first changed one looked...and to appease you I went and did a vote and opened it up for another logo to be added which happens to be YOURS. Can you now get off on how the website looks? Even if you do graphic design all day this is not the forum to come in and complain about how it looks. I'm just happy that we're running w/o any server issues or massive lag times.

To be blunt this is more of a take it or leave it website on how it looks. most people are here for the community and the information.

Any other discussions can be taken offline in PMs.
Dan