Fluids and Lubricants Motor oil, transmission oil, radiator fluid, power steering fluid, blinker fluid... wait, there is no blinker fluid. Technical discussion and analysis of the different lubricants we use in our cars.

LubeGard black bottle

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2005, 10:55 AM

LubeGard black bottle

Guys,

After getting information from this forum I have used LubeGard black bottle in my tranny during last flush and I like the results.

Since it is good to have for Nissans, Toyota and Hondas, I want to buy a lots of them since I am a home based mechanic and do atleast one tranny flush over the weekend.

Can someone point me to the directions on where to get it in bigger bottle or cheaper? I don't like to pay $13.29 to NAPA for 10 oz bottle everytime.

I will appreciate your help guys. I need the black bottle only which has a lable reading LUBEGARD® Highly Friction Modified-ATF Supplement.
Old 01-07-2005, 12:06 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

perhaps an online check for a local wholesaler or lubegard distributor in your area, may get you a slightly better price. local trans part shop in my area also charges $13.34 a bottle.
Old 01-07-2005, 12:47 PM

Just called few of the other mechanics in my area to find out where they get LubeGard from and got the guy who is a wholeseller.

The quote was $92 per case of 12 bottles. Woohoo! I am good to go now. He can't provide any less than a case though and he can only sell to commercial businesses.

I have my own private business name which I will use to order those stuff. If forum people want it then maybe I can do something to get our fellas that thing for real cheap.
Old 01-11-2005, 05:47 PM

i paid 9.50 dollars for my bottle.
i hope i bought the right bottle
what are the advantages of using ths bottle

mistake on the price
Old 01-12-2005, 12:10 PM

Nissan D-Matic ATF is friction modified fluid. If you do your tranny flush with that fluid then you don't have to add LubeGard black bottle.

If you plan to use any other ATF (Synthetic or Dino) with Dexron-III or so then by adding LubeGard you will get your ATF fluid friction modified which is same as Nissan D-Matic fluid which stealers charge a lot of money.

Hope I have answered your question.

If you bought a LubeGard Red bottle then it is usually available for 9 bucks in my area and black bottle costs 13.29 so make sure you got the black bottle and the label reads High Friction Modified-ATF supplement.
Old 01-12-2005, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by outsider
i paid 8 dollars for my bottle.
i hope i bought the right bottle
what are the advantages of using ths bottle

The URL for the right bottle is
http://www.lubegard.com/automotive/trans_atf_hfm.html

When you go into any store take the item# with you too. The item # is 61910.

BayareaEMT is right, u cannot put in syn/dino DexronIII and wonder why the shifts are different from genuine NissanMaticD fluid (the downshifts from 2->1 sucks is FMs are not added) inspite of adding new fluid.

I have Chevron DexronIII(G) + Lubegard Black and the shifts are as it was before the flush (a lot smoother tooo....)